Chapter 12

The Single Cold Breeze

 

 

 

It’s already sunset when Bomi regained her consciousness. She fluttered her eyes open but squinted slightly because of the golden-almost orange stray of sunlight that enter the room through the curtain. She frowned a bit when noticing the strange room. ‘it’s not mine… where am I ?’

She sat up and pulled the cover off her upper body that’s when she noticed the figure setting on the sofa by the other window of the room. She was engrossed on knitting, fingers moving gracefully and professionally with the knit and wool. Bomi didn’t know what she was making as she sat far away from her. The girl suddenly turned her head from the knit to where she was setting and Bomi immediately recognized her as Seongyeon, the girl she met at the mansion when Howon invited her.

“Oh, you’re awake” She said and turned back to place the knit on the sofa before standing up and walk to her.

Waite..

‘Me, and all the people you met at the mansion, are vampire’

Flashback of her conversation with Howon crossed her mind. These was the words he said before she out.

Frightened. She moved back until her back hit the bed’s headboard. She watched Seongyeon in horror as her hands clutching the duvet tightly to her body.

“D-Don’t kill me, p-pleasee” she muttered shakingly.

“Hey, hey, don’t worry… I won’t hurt you”  Seongyeon said as she walked quickly to her side, putting her hands out.

Bomi seemed to calm down a bit, but she was still hesitant. Should she trust her or not.

“Are you okay now?” she asked Bomi as she sat on the chair that was placed by the bed and Bomi nodded slowly in response.

“Do you need some water?.....let me pour it for you..” Seongyeon stood up to pour the water on the glass that was placed on the night stand, and gave it to Bomi who accepted it.

 

There was a silence between the two girl. Nothing said, and the only sound was from Bomi, as she chugged down the glass of water.

 

“…… Hoya had told us about you …..” Seongyeon started, hesitant. “ .. we are as shocked as you are ….. we didn’t thought that the daughter of Yoon Dujoon is still alive, and her—“

“wait…… do you know my father ?” Bomi cut her, shocked.

Seongyeon nodded her head “ How can we not know him? He is one of us “

Bomi looked at her with knotted eyebrows. The ‘ including you’ that Howon had told her are ringing on her head.

‘Does that confirm what Howon told me before?’

Seongyeon looked at the troubled her, who seems to be in a deep thought. She kept quiet for a moment before speaking again.

“ Vampires are real Bomi” she said serious “ They are not some ancient story, or a fictional character created by people…. They are real .. We are real” she emphasized.

 

Bomi stayed silent for a moment, many thought running through her head, refusing to believe anything. Not convined at all.

“Then talk about yourself” She suddenly said, startling Seongyeon “ Not me, not my father .. we are not.. we are just ordinary people”.

Seongyeon sighed. She know she can’t take this easy. Honestly, who would anyway? They are not talking about some poor who became rich, it’s vampire for god sake. !! But she decided to tell her the whole story. And maybe, maybe she’ll believe her.

 

“They were five” she started. “The head of our species; Park Yoo Chun  , Jung Ji Hoon, Lee Hyuk Jae Hoya & Sungjong’s father, Han Sang Hyuk my father, and Yoon Du Joon, your father Bomi.”.

“they were the best of a best friends, They ruled the vampires kingdom fairly, and stayed out of human’s lives, peacefully living their own lives. The boys and I, along with the other’s children became a childhood friends, non-separable, we grow up together as a loving brothers a sisters. Knowing very well that once we grow up we will take our father’s place. But there was not such a happy ending though. Until two of them got it wrong. Because, greed start to show and grow inside of them. The love for owning the throne by themselves. To be the only ruler. To be the only one to control the whole world. And with the power they have, nothing could stop them.

They met behind each other’s back. In the middle of the night. Planning among themselves dark, dirty plans with the help of their servant and close friends who showed their loyalty to them. So they started with the poor one – The Low Ranked Vampires-. Either they follow them or die. The few who refused at first got killed immediately in front of their eyes, lifting no other choices but to accept and follow them of fear to have the same fate as the others who got killed. All of that and the other three kings were oblivious. But one day, the words reached king lee’s ear by one of his loyal right hand. The news shocked him to the core. The feeling of betrayal by his own friends hurt him so much, but he was a strong king, never sharing his feeling, but burying it deep. So he met up with king park and your father and told them everything he heard to decide how to stop these two and bringing back the peace to the vampire’s kingdom. They confronted them one day, when they had a session at the hall, determining to have answers, and maybe, maybe, to get them back to their right mind. But Oh, how I wish they didn’t do that, because the big hall they were setting at turned into a battle field. A peaceful meeting with no intention to harm anyone turned to a fight between the kings. Soon enough, followed by the rest of right hands and the upper class who were presented in the hall. “ Seongyeon paused a little, as she remember that day with a distance eyes before she continue “ On that hall, King Park got killed by his own friend. There was no time for mourning his death. Seeing that, the rest right hands started to cover for their own kings to let them out of the hall safely. King Lee succeeded on returning to his own castle, running directly to his own room, getting his wife and his two sons to escape this place to a safer one with the help of the other servant. But unfortunately, the other vampires caught to them on their way out of the castle, leaving no choice to King Lee and his wife but to fight to protect their own sons. They shoed them away, asking them to run as fast as they could and never look back, not even once. And They too, got killed..”

Seongyeon sighed and casted her eyes down as she remembered that day before she looked back at Bomi .

“Your father was the only one who could escape easily. He wasn’t married back then, so it was easy for him to escape the hall and out of the castle, and straight to the woods that leads to the east coast. I guess it’s where he met your mother.”

All the time Bomi payed attention to her, listening carefully to all what Seongyeon had said, never cutting her once. But now she feels like asking..

“But, why my father didn’t told us that?” she questioned.

Seongyeon reached her hand to hold Bomi’s and spoke “ He was trying to protect you, Bomi. Beside you were a child only ..”

And Bomi nodded in understanding, but she was still curious.

Bomi looked at her and asked hesitantly.

“You said that your father was one of the five, what happened to him?”

To this Seongyeon let go of her hand ever so slowly, and a sigh escaped her lips as she tugged a strand of her hair behind her ear.

“ … I guess this is the part that hurt the most …” She looked at Bomi with a sad eyes before casting her eyes away.

“ My father was the one who started it all… The one who got blinded by greed and power.. The one who staped his own friends on the back and killed them.” She paused a little before continuing ..

“When I first heard about it I didn’t believe it. He was too loving and too caring, How comes he do such thing !! . But then again, I heard him by my own ears. And with the little courage I have, I confronted him one afternoon and asked him to stop all of that. He got really angry at me and slapped me hard on the face that I fell on the ground. I remembered that day like it just happened yesterday when many years has passed. I was shaking in fear, the one who I thought my lovely father turned to a blind monster that see nothing but power. Not even caring about his one and only daughter…”

Bomi suddenly rached her hand and touched Seongyeon shoulder, squeezing it a little. She didn’t know what else to do, the girl got it really bad, and it was by her own father. That must be hard for her.

“On that night, I ran away with my personal guard “ she spoke again with a small smile “ The only one who loved me truly and protected me. The one who I am married t, now. The one I am having his baby. Kim Sung Gyu.”

A smile were plastered on her face as she looked down and touched her own belly.

Bomi looked at her amusingly.

“You’re pregnant “ she exclaimed and Seongyeon shushed her quickly..

“Shshshsh………no one know …. Yet “ she whispered with a playful smile on her face that made Bomi smiles widely unconsciously..

“ Now, let’s get to the real thing …. tell me Bomi, do you have special power?” Seongyeon asked her with a serious tune.

Bomi looked at her puzzled. “ How can I know?”

Seongyeon shrugged “ didn’t you feel anything strange. It usually strike when you are furious, angry, those types of feeling can reveal your hidden power..”

 

Bomi thought for a moment before shaking her head “ No, as far as I know, everything was perfectly normal for me.”

The older girl sighed ..” I guess it’s normal, because you’re not a pure vampire. But that doesn’t change the fact that you are one of us now and part of our group.” She finished with a smile, and Bomi smiled a little in return. she really didn't know what to feel right now.

“Don’t worry, we’ll all be here for you …. Now if you excuse me, I need to go and check on the boys, and you need to take a rest ……  and Bomi … feel free to go out of the room anytime you want.” Seongyeon said as she stood up to leave but Bomi stopped her when she muttered a ‘Thank You’ to her.

Seongyeon turned around, smiling “ you’re most welcome, Bomi-yah”.

 

 

 

 

 

But Shy Bomi couldn’t come out of the room by herself, so literally Seongyeon had to go back to her room and drag her out, assuring her that there is no one in the mansion at this hour but Sunggyu and Dongwoo.

Once in the large living room, both Sunggyu and Dongwoo snapped their head on her direction, smiling brightly as they greet her. But Shy Bomi felt awkward, almost out of the place, as if she just saw them for the first time, when it’s second in fact, and probably third for the other gummy-smiled man. They sat together for about half an hour, almost quietly, with the couple occasionally exchanging some words, Trying to draw a conversation, but even so, Bomi felt even more awkward. And Seongyeon who noticed that, decided it’s best to come up with some excuses so that she can take this poor girl out of that room. And first thing that came up to her mind is that she could use making-the-dinner excuse, so that she can ask Bomi to join her with the making. Which the latter accepted immediately and followed her to the kitchen.

As she entered the kitchen, Bomi was awed by its big size with its polished furniture that its looks like glowing. Indeed bigger than the one they had back in home. She sat at one of the wooden chair that organized around the large wooden table on the middle of the kitchen as she observed Seongyeon who was taking out the ingredients needed.

“I thought you wanted to help me?”

“ ... huh? ”

Bomi  was confused a little by the sudden question. She didn’t know that while she was observing her, her minds drift back to the old days, when she used to help her mother making the dinner. Until Seongyeon voice brought her back to the present.

Laughing slightly, she turned back to continue cutting the vegetables “Ah Never mind, I just caught you day-dreaming, so that was the first thing to say to bring back your attention”.

“..Oh”

But nevertheless, Bomi stood up and went to where she was standing.

“I can help too, really….. just tell me what should I do and I will do it …” Bomi stated and Seongyeon looked at her as she shook her head.

“No, its fine, really …. it’s not like I’m doing a feast, I do that almost everyday…” she said smiling.

But Bomi is Bomi, still stubborn and insisting … “ at least let me wash the dishes ….. where are they?”

Seongyeon glanced at her with a smile … “ fine Bomi …. They are on the second cabinet. You will find the spoons on the drawer..”

And soon the two girls bused themselves on working for the dinner. Chatting and laughing a little ..

 

 

 

As Bomi was drying the dishes she noticed a side door on the far end of the kitchen that she didn’t notice before. Curious, she walked to the door and found that it was ajar. She peeked a little before opening it to reveal a small yet large garden.

“ It’s Sungjongie’s garden … “ Seongyeon who noticed her said with a smile. “ it’s amazing, you can go and have a look out there…” she finished before turning back to mix the ingredients in the bowl.

Seeing that she got the permission, Bomi walked out the door and to the small garden behind the kitchen. She wandered around, amazed by it, she concluded that it’s a fruits and vegetables garden as she saw the different plants. She walked a little when she noticed a pumpkin plants at the far end on the right and lowered herself to have a better look at it..

 

“ Amazing isn’t it !! ….”

And Bomi gasped in surprise when she heard a voice, suddenly, out of nowhere and she almost felt back on the ground but she caught herself quickly and put her hand first.

Hoya who saw her immediately crouched down, holding her by the shoulder. Worried.

“sorry... did I scare you ?” he said ever so gently.

Bomi looked up only to see his face close to her own, too close that a blush quickly appeared on her cheeks. And she thanked God that the light can barely lighten the dark garden, or else she would be impressed to look at him.

She shook her head slightly “ No … it’s okay ..”

She tried to stand up and Hoya helped her with that. And soon after he took off his coat and wrapped it around her shoulder muttering ‘ you might catch a cold’.

Bomi still blushing.

“ I guess I should keep informing you of my appearance ….” He said casually and she looked at him confused.

He looked at her closely and said hesitantly ..  “ have you ever wondered about the sudden single breeze … ?”

And Bomi looked at him even more confused, titling her head a little to the side .. And Hoya really wanted to laugh at her cute gesture…

“…..nevermind …” he said, and looked away.  “ I see that you found Sungjongie’s garden … it’s beautiful isn’t it ?” he said, looking randomly at the plants.

And Bomi nodded her head “ It is ..”

Hoya turned toward her “ He is really good at this things …. He love gardening so much … in the front of the mansion he planted different types of flowers, I think you saw them before, and  here on the back he planted some fruits and vegetables .. believe me, he is so into it, its amazing ..” he said proudly..

“…..you must be proud of him ..” she said softly, surprising him a little but he didn’t show it.

“ … I am ..” he said, smiling that smile that shows his fangs. And Bomi thinks that he is really handsome with them..

They stayed silent after that. Nothing to come up with. Hoya really wanted to talk with her about ‘that’ but he knows, she would not want to talk about it right now, especially since he knew from Seongyeon that she talked with her earlier and told her everything. So he preferred to not talk with her about it, at least not now, not today..

“ Let’s go …. It’s getting cold for you here..” he said, smiling gently at her as he motioned to the door and Bomi followed him obediently, sure she’s getting cold. It’s freezing out there. But still wondering about him though.