Chapter 11

The Single Cold Breeze

 

 

He slipped his hand in the pocket of his long grey coat as he walk through the town’s busy street. Crowd and chatter are loud around him, yet he paid no attention to that. His mind shutting everything around him, and the only thought on his mind was her.

 

How come he didn’t notice that before? They can eel everything around them, every person, and every creature. But, he failed to notice her being Dujoon daughter, to be one of their species.

 

He needs to find her, he need to tell her, she needs to know. No, she has to know. She should be aware of herself, aware of whom she are, aware of them. He should warn her of the others. To be careful, to protect her, and he needs to do that now. The sooner,the better.

 

Without him realizing, he is in front of the town’s only park. He stood there for awhile. Not moving a step.

Inhaling deeply

He found her, she’s here.

Without wasting a time, he walked to the park, aiming to find her and tell her the truth, about her, about them, about everything. But he stopped suddenly. Cautiously. His sense, alarmed.

One of them is here. So he walked again, quickly, afraid they might find her. He wanted to use his power but again, he is in public. It will frighten the people here. So, he walked instead.

But his step halted once he saw her. There she was, setting peacefully in one of the park’s bench, alone. A soft smile on her face as she was looking at some kids playing, and he sighed in relief before approaching her.

 

Bomi shivered a little when a single cold breeze brushed by her. It’s already cold, and the breeze is doing no good to her shivering body right now.

“Hey” a gentle voice called, and Bomi darted her eyes from the group of kids to the direction of the voice. That’s when she saw him. Wrapped in his long grey coat, with his hand in his pocket, she smiled that cute smile of her that can melt his heart so easily.

“Hey” she said and waved her hand.

“Can I set?” he motioned his hand to the empty spot next to her.

“Yeah, sure” she said and moved a little to make some room for him, though she didn’t had to do it. So he sat next to her, with a sigh. His eyes scanning the area before him.

“Wow, it’s too crowded in here..” he said, still not looking at her.

“Yeah, it is” she answered, she too, looking at all the people around them.

“You know, I don’t usually go out. Especially to crowded places” he came to tell her the truth, but he can’t bring himself to say it to her. He didn’t know that it will be so hard. So he start a different conversation.

She looked at him “well, I can tell that you are not a sociable person”

Hoya looked at her smirking “aren’t we the same!! You are just as unsociable as me” and Bomi giggled to that. ‘Oh Bomi your giggle’ “but I think I made an exception with you only”

“And I am thankful to that” she said gratefully, looking at her lap, and he beamed to that.

“Bomi ..” he called. Turning his head so that he’s facing her. “I need to tell you something”

Bomi looked at him in the eyes, nodding her head to encourage him to talk. He looked down at her small hands that are placed on her lap, and he took them in his own hand, holding them, feeling them warm against his cold one. In which Bomi looked surprised by that, she felt that her cheeks are a little warmer than usual. Her eyes looking everywhere but his.

“But first, I want you to promise me that you’ll not run away from me, or be afraid of me or think that I am some bad guy that you shouldn’t be close to”

Bomi had her eyebrows knotted together in a frown and she was silent for a moment ….

“You are talking as if you are some kind of murderer or a member in a gang. Why are you talking like that?” she said, smiling playfully at him, but then she felt more pressure in her hand and a serious look on his face.

“Promise me, Bomi”

She was taken aback by his seriousness, but nevertheless she muttered “I promise”

There were a short silence between them before he spoke again..

“Bomi, what if I told you that I am a ­–“

“Well, well, well, look who we have here…….”his sentence was cut short by the sudden appearance of him “ none other than the almighty Hoya”

Hoya shot up in surprise but quickly masked his expression with hard one.

“What do you want Baekhyun?” he asked coldly.

Bomi looked at the two with wide eyes, yet confused.

“Do you know each other?” she said cautiously, standing from the bench. She can feel the tension between them. The usually warm Howon is acting coldly, and the funny Baekhyun is acting serious.

“Oh, Bomi, sorry for taking so long” Baekhyun said, leaning his head to the side to look at her as she was still behind Hoya.

Hoya turned his head to her in surprise

“You know him?” he asked, trying to be calm and Bomi nodded her head cautiously.

“Yes, we are neighbors”

Hoya looked at him with wide eyes and Baekhyun smirked. Bomi looked at the smirking Baekhyun and thought that she didn’t like that smirk, but she dismissed it easily.

 

He was at loss. He didn’t know what to do next. The last thing he expected is for Bomi to know that bastard. But he didn’t show it, he is good at these things. So, with strong gaze, and head held high, he said firmly

“Let’s go Bomi, there is something important we need to discuss about”

She, too, was at loss. She didn’t know what to do. She didn’t know why there is tention between them all of the sudden.

“But I came here with Bae-“

Her sentence was cut short by him, who holds her hand firmly and dragged her with him.

Baekhyun caught his left arm as he walked past him, but he got pushed away by the other’s power. Sending him a few feet away from them, and to the ground. At this Bomi was shocked, speechless. That’s not normal.

“Bastard” muttered Baekhyun, who was still on the ground.

But Hoya cared not much, as he walked away without sending another glance at him.

 

 

They walked out of the park, out of the town, and to the mansion. No words exchanged between the two. Each was on their own world. Their train of thoughts is in motion. Many questions need an answer, and so many facts needs to be revealed.

Hoya noticed the shaky her, her fast heartbeat, and her head that is hanging low. And he didn’t like that. The last thing he want for her to be afraid of him.

So he stopped. Making her stop as well.

“Bomi”

He called, and she didn’t raise her head.

“Bomi, look at me” he said gently, putting his finger under her chin. And she did. But he didn’t like the look on her face. Her eyes were wavering. Lip trembling. And her body was shaking slightly. Fear is what she is feeling right now.

“Bomi..” he said softly and reached his right hand to touch her shaking body, but she flinched and backed a step.

“… w-what are y-you?” she said, voice trembling.

And he put his hand down, back to his side. He looked at the ground before a sigh escaped his lips. And looked back up at her.

“Would you believe me if I told you that I am not normal?”

 

Bomi looked at him suspisiouly, still trembling “w-what do y-you mean?”

He sighed once again and pressed his lips in a thin line.

He raised his right arm and aims it to the tall tree a few feet away from where they are standing. And her eyes followed the direction. He stretched his palm slowly. Still on the direction of the tree, and suddenly the leaves start moving.

A loud intake of breath was heard, and he darted his eyes to her, to see her cupping with her hands, and eyes widely open.

“..Bomi” he called softly.

She quickly darted her eyes from the tree to him. Still shaking, she backed a few steps from him, eyes wavering in fear.

Hoya’s heart hurt at the sight. No, he didn’t intend to frighten her. But that’s the only way to let her know that they are not human, including her.

So he reached for her, but she flinched.

“Don’t touch me” she screamed, and he halted his steps.

Her eyes were shut tightly, teeth clenching, and both arms are around her in a protective manner. And now she is trembling in so, so badly.

“..Bom-“

“Please……………… d-don’t touch me ………. Don’t h-hurt me ………. Please, please …..” she kept on muttering that with tears dampening her cheeks.

And it’s his first time to wish to know what to do in such situation. He is bad with this things, but she had to know the truth, one way or another.

“Me, and all the people you met in the mansion, are vampires …. Including you …” he said every word slow and clear.

Bomi had her eyes rounded in shock, mouth parted slightly. She wanted to say something back to him, to deny, to question, to protest, and say such things don’t exist in real world. But her sight became blurry suddenly, and she felt light headed. And the last thing she saw, the shocked him who grabbed her in his arm before everything went black.

 

 

 

 

The silence filled the room as he finished what he had said to them. The look on their faces was the same to the one they wore minutes ago when he came to the mansion carrying the unconscious Bomi in his arms. “She knew” was all what they said. But this time, it’s more of a speechless one. The things he had told them about the matter shocked them but nevertheless, they know that the others are capable of doing more than that without batting an eye. Killing and alluring people are sure one of their specialist.

“…. This is ridicules ….” Sungyeol said, breaking the silence “They killed hr family, and they still have the courage to go up to her and allure her!!”

“They have no heart, don’t they feel bad about her?” questioned Woohyun. Followed by “And how come that bastard acting as her neighbor?” by Myungsoo.

“This is not the problem now” spoke the older of them all “ we have to be careful, they sure will attack us soon”

And they all nodded in agreement.

“So, what do you suggest? To wait here for them ‘till they come and attack us?” said the second eldest.

“We are not calling a war, Woo” Said Sunggyu firmly.

“We can always ask for a negotiation” suggested Sungyeol.

“yeah, as if they are going to listen” said Myungsoo, smacking the tall one on the head “idiot”

The tall one glared at him, and the bickering started between the two with Dongwoo and Woohyun trying to stop them.

 

 Hoya who sat observing the two troublemakers, noticed the slim figure that slipped behind them quietly and out the room. The same figure who sat quietly with them, the same figure who has his eyes on the ground the whole time they spent in talking.

So he went after him, concerned and worried, and found him in his room, sitting on the edge of the bed, gloomy and all.

“Jongie~” he called the younger softly, but he didn’t reply.

He had been quite the whole session and it’s not usual. Sure he is not noisy like the two troublemakers, but at least he used to voice his opinion and concerns in any matter.

So he sat next to him, rubbing his back soothingly. Knowing very well why his brother is acting this way. Not pressuring him, he waited patiently for him to start speaking.

 

And he does after a few minutes…

“C-can’t we change our hiding place?” Asked Sungjong, hesitant. Fear lacing his trembling voice.

“I-I mean we can g-go to another town, and fine a-another place. Anywhere where the can’t f-find us!!”

The hand that was rubbing his back, moved to his shoulder, and the other one moved to rest on his thigh. Squeezing them gently. He know his brother is afraid. He know he is afraid because he is the weakest among them all, he basically have no powers. He can’t face them. They will kill him easily. He can read him very clearly. And when he’s with his brother, he don’t need to hide it, he don’t need to hide his fear. The fear of fighting them is hunting him his whole life. Yet, today, he only let it show. Because now they know and sure that a war is about to happen.

 

“Sungjongie~, we can’t escape them forever. Sooner or later, we will have to fight them”. He whispered softly. He understands him. He understands his brother’s fear. “Don’t worry , I will be there to protect you, and the Hyungs will do too. We won’t let anything happens to you “

“That’s why I am asking you to escape from here. No one will get hurt if we do. Please Hyung… I don’t want you to get hurt or any of the Hyungs…. I don’t want to lose anyone…” the younger merely shouted as he raised up to a standing position, looking down at his hyung with pleading eyes.

“Jong, we are not in this alone. We know lots of friends who can help us and they will be more than happy to do so. Beside, Seungyeonie noona have a whole ar –“ Hoya tried reasoning with him, but when he noticed the single tear that rolled down his brother’s eyes he stopped in shock. It’s his first time to see his brothers crying, and vulnerable like that.

Worried, he shot up from his setting position to his brother and wrapped his arms around him protectively.

“Jongie …”

The younger wrapped his arms around his hyung, lips trembling as he continues to cry.

“I’m afraid Hyung, ….. I am afraid” he muttered to his brother. Hands clutching the back of his brother’s shirt tightly. And Hoya’s heart break at the sight of his brother breaking down on his arms. He hated to see this vulnerable side of him. So, he hugged him tightly, trying to sooth the younger to stop crying, and to assure him that everything will be ok..

 

“It’s alright Jongie….. It’s gonna be alright..”