Chapter 6

The Single Cold Breeze

 

 

Sungjong was setting on his small wooden office, with a book in his hand, reading and enhancing his knowledge. The younger was found of books and reading because of his big brother, who used and still buy books and read.

With the weak power he has, he sensed his brother presence on the mansion. So he decided to go and check on him and probably get to know everything about his day today, since he knew already where he had been and with whom.

Getting out of his room, he walked down the hallway to the room at the end of the corner. Putting his hand around the handle, he focused all his power on his move. deciding to play a little with his Hyung and scares him. With that he entered the dark room quietly and without making any noise, no footstep was heard o the floor, nor his breathing. The younger is now in front of his brother's bed, still invisible. he was about to scare him when...

" I can still feel you, Jongie~"

Hoya said, his back still facing his little brother..

And Sungjong huffed in disappointment, pouting at his brother " God, Hyung....you can at least continue with the act"

Hoya laid on his back now facing his brother while chuckling at his brother's pouting figure.

"I thought you were a sleep .. What brings here at this time?"

Sungjong stopped pouting and changed his expression to an exciting one, as he made himself comfortable on his brother's bed.

" Your date today "

Hoya scoffed at him. " a date? who said it was a date?.. we barely know each other.." he said, changing on a sitting position with his back on the bed board.

"Hyung, you know enough to date her already"

"yeah but still... it's our first time together - as stranger...friends..?..I don't even know what to call it..." he sighed and looked at his brother.

"let me take it slowly on her ..She's not like the other girls...she's different.."

Sungjong observed his brother while talking about he. How his facial expression is a mixed of frustrated, admiration, and most of all...Love.

He can't help but observe him more and more as he talk. He's sure he was in one or two relations before, but that was longs ago. And none of his previous relations made him like that .

"You love her hyung....." he said smiling softly.

Hoya looked at him for a moment before he darted his eyes to the window. “I am....."

 

Sungjong jumped off of the bed, clapping his hand togather "Then , I think I'll meet my sister-in-law sooner than I expected.." He said wiggling his eyebrows at Hoya, who in return throw the billow at him as the younger made his way to the door and shut it with

 " Sweet Dreams Hyung".

 

Sungjong closed the door of his brother's room and made his way to his own room chuckling as he recall his brother's face and action.

He was about to enter his room, but stopped when he noticed two figures making their way up the stairs to him. And he crossed his arms in front of him, putting on a serious face as much as he can master .

"Good To Know That You Still Call This A Home"

"Shut Up , Kid" Sungyeol grumbled.

"Where were you ? you've been out for a whole 4 days"

"can we talk tomorrow, we are really tired" said Myungsoo yawning.

"we don't get tired easily, sleepy head" Sungjong replied sarcastically.

"You know, If I am fully awake, your head will be laying somewhere on this house, apart from your body" Said Sungyeol as he make his way to his own room.

Sungjong looked at him annoyingly " Geez,...What's with that grumpy mood.

"He had been after that girl, he once saw. God know where, and as usual , he got rejected"

Sungjong wasn't amused at all of Myungsoo's answer. The older being rejected is not new, and he wonder if he will ever find a girl who will accept him with that grumpy - irresponsible-elementary -school -like personality.

" Ah....Good Night Hyung" He said and entered his room with Myungsoo's sleepy voice " Night kid" passed behind.

 

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

 

Bomi had woke up earlier that morning, she get all the time to freshen up without running around her small apartment to get ready for her work.

 

After drying her hair, she walked to her little kitchen and got herself a brown toast from the shelves and she spread the cheese on top of it and start eating as she waited for the water on the boiler. After she’s done with the breakfast, she went to change her clothes into black jeans with off-white cardigan and brushed her hair a little without tying it .

Checking herself one last time on the mirror, Bomi grabbed her things and walked out of the apartment not forgetting to check the weather out.

As she was making her way to the book store. She passed by the café, and the smell of coffee filled her nose. She immediately remembered yesterday. And she smiled, and for the first time not a bitter one. But, on delight, on gratitude, for that someone who had approached her. For that someone who had talked to her. For that someone who had waste his times to show her around the town.

Howon, was his name. And again, she smiled while brushing some strands of hair behind her ear and continued her way to the shop. Without her knowing of the four pairs of eyes that are watching her closely from a far.

“Damn it, Jonghyung…Don’t tell me she’s…..” The said man looked at him with wide eyes.

“..If the Head knew, we’ll no longer be on this earth…”

The two watched her horrified, before disappearing from the place.

 

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...................................

 

The aura on the mansion feels good this morning. There is no chaos on the kitchen, nor a words fighting on the living room. It’s a calm morning and she loved that.

Not that she hate the noises those seven men are making, no, she actually love it. At least they give a life on this cold big mansion they’re living in.

But a calm morning once in a while sounds goods for her, so she make her walked to the kitchen, deciding to make today’s breakfast for the seven men. Her only left family.

Seungyeon placed the last plate of omelet in the dining table before going back to the kitchen to switch off the stove and take the hot white milk from it.

Sunggyu who had just woke up, went straight to his wife and hugged her from behind.

“would you stop running away from me one the sun rise..!!” he said nuzzling his nose on her neck.

Seungyeon who had been aware of his presence even before he enter the dinning room, stopped what she was doing and placed her hand on top of him and titled her head a little.

“ I wasn’t running away from you. I could never do that. I just didn’t want to wake you up with me. You looked peaceful, just like a baby”

Sunggyu smiled warmly at her, before planting a kiss on her cheeks “ Morning my baby”

Just then , Dongwoo , Hoya and Woohyun entered the dinning room

“Ah, that smell so good, Good Morning you two” Dongwoo said while smiling widely.

“Morning love birds” said Hoya before setting down on his chair.

“Sunggyu Hyung is earlier than me!! .. now this is a first” Woohyun said jokingly before he got a slap on his back from the said man. To which Woohyun looked at him with hurt expression “Meany Hyung”.

The five sat down to eat their breakfast when Sungjong entered the room with big smile “Morning ya’all” followed by Myungsoo.

“Morning kid….” They replied.

“where is Sungyeol?” asked Dongwoo.

“still sleeping..” Myungsoo answered before he drank a little from the milk in front of him.

“and where were you two the past 4 days?” Questioned Sunggyu.

“sick Yeoli hyung with his sick love hunting” Answered Myungsoo flatly which earned a laughter from them all.

“Really this kid need to grow up” Said Sunggyu while shaking his head.

“and  who need to grow up?” Just then Sungyeol entered the dinning room .

The rest looked at each other, trying to hide their laughter.

“here, have some omlet. I just made it for you” Seungyeon said wanting to change the topic but still smiling.

“Woah, you made it? ..Noona is the best” he exclaimed while sending mocking gaze at the well known chef in the group Woohyun who in return throw the napkin at his face.

“ya ya ya..can we eat in peace for once ? “ shouted Sunggyu in annoyance. And both of them settled down to eat their meal.

 

After finishing their breakfast, they went to set on their living room. While Dongwoo and Myungsoo stayed in the kitchen with Seungyeon to help her wash the dishes and cleaning the table.

The three men were watching the TV when Sungyeol suddenly throw the remote control he was holding.

“Ah, nothing good to watch “ . and he went to his room leaving Sunggyu and Woohyun stunning in their place. He’s sure a grumpy person.

“Is he in his period ?” asked Woohyun jokingly, which earned him a hit by the cushion Sunggyu was holding.

 

In the other hand, Hoya was in his room, dressing himself and brushing his hair neatly. Just then his room’s door opened revealing his young brother.

“ I’m going with you Hyung ..”

Hoya turned around and looked at his brother dump-fondly, while the later was smiling innocently at him.

 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

 

Bomi was by herself today too. The old man hadn’t returned yet. She felt lonely again without him around. But she didn’t care much. Not that her life was occupied with lots of people before.

She was sorting some books when the door of the shop opened, bringing a single cold breeze along with two figures. Bomi looked up from the shelf and she met those two eyes again, whom she know well by now.

“Good morning, Bomi” the man said with his usual smile and she returned the smile .

”Good morning” she said softly.

Just then she noticed that he’s not alone. Hoya who realized that, looked at his brother then back at Bomi. He smiled to her and motioned at his brother.

“Bomi, this is my little brother Sungjong. Sungjong, this is Bomi”. He introduced, and his brother went immediately to greet her.

“Hello, I’m Sungjong. Nice to meet you” he said and bowed to her.

Bomi was stunned for a moment, but quickly bowed back at him “ Yoon Bomi “

Sungjong smiled widely at her. “ Hyung told me a lot about you. Nice to meet you” he said and she beamed shyly at that.

 

Standing awkwardly, Hoya noticed the books on her hand.

“ Do you want me to help you with that ? “

Bomi looked down at the books on her hand and back at him. She shook her head a little.

“No , thank you. I’m almost done”

But Hoya didn’t bother with her answer and took the books from her hand, his fingers brushing hers a little. And they both looked at each other’s eyes. Stunning. But quickly tore their eyes away , feeling awkward. Before proceeding to organize the rest of the books.

Sungjong who was standing there, witnessing the interaction between before him, smiled a little at the two and turned his head to have a look at the store’s books and to give them some time alone.

 

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

He had done washing the dishes with Seungyeon and decided to have some fresh air outside the mansion. It’s cold outside, they are already on winter. But he never bothered to wear any thick clothes. Not that it will differ with him.

Enjoying the lovely breeze, the chirruping sound of birds, and the whistling of leafs against each other. He closed his eyes. It calmed him a lot, and he love that.

He kept on walking, letting his feet to take him to wherever they want. Until he reached the middle of the town. He glanced around him, seeing the busy street filled with people. Young and old, children running here and there. And he smiled at the sight. At their simple life.

Until he felt that oddly-familiar vibe and scent again that made him stop smiling and freezes on his place. He turned around, looking through the faces around him until he saw her. There. Right in front of him.

Not changing at all. The long wavy blonde hair that he used to love the most about her.

He mentally screamed “ It couldn’t be !!!”

“Yes, It is “ She said back –mentally of course- and he cursed himself for not blocking his thought on her.

She took a few steps until she’s right in front of him. Few centimeters between them only. And she reached her hand to his face caressing his cheeks.

“ I missed you ...…Dongwoo”