Chapter 10

The Single Cold Breeze

 

 

 

“They’re staying at the other far end of the town … and still, nothing from them, ‘till now at least…”

“They must be here for something …. We know them very well”

 “But, what is it?... As far as I know we were living here peacefully, away from them and no one ever visited us here since we came…..well .. a few maybe …occasionally…”

“….and that Blonde Girl …… I’m not very restful about it at all… Dongwoo..”

“Me too, Hoya… Me too “

 

The two were setting in the mansion’s big office with two cups of black coffee. They were the first to wake up on the mansion and it’s a little bit weird since the older is not an early riser but here he is with his best friend and brother, talking about what matter to them and the whole group.

“Dongwoo……...Do you still ……….. I mean …….… her? “. The younger asked. And it’s quit where they’re setting. The only thing that can be heard is the chirping birds, singing outside, in one of the trees, a little far from the big villa.

Dongwoo who was setting n the brown leathered sofa, darted his eyes from him and sip his own coffee.

“No….. Hoya … I’m not …….. I forget about her long time ago …… she does not matter to me anymore …..”

And he can only hum in response. He knew his friend is a strong man; he’ll not let such memory keep on ruining him.

Sure being betrayed by the one you love is the most painful thing in the world. Lifting you with a broken heart that no one can mend - and a lonely soul – and the only thing you want to do is to shut yourself off of the whole world. But this was not the case with Dongwoo, because the said man is anything but a weak, naïve little boy that would cry if someone stole his precious toy. And Hoya knows him better, and he is glad that his friend is a strong man.

 

Hoya turned away from Dongwoo, giving him his back as he sat at the table facing the large window of the office. His eyes grow distance as he looked at the view in front of him. Nothing new. The tall trees are swinging to the wind in a repetitive motion. Flying birds here and there. And the two were in a comfortable silence and both thoughts are on a race.

 

“Tell me Dongwoo ……. What do you think of her?” The younger spoke, still not facing the older.

Dongwoo turned his head to the right, starring at his friend’s back. Knowing full who he meant by ‘her’ .

And he smiled, a playful one..

“She is beautiful ….. Young …..Too young and innocent, Hoya ……. Do girl like her still exist in this world? …… Damn man, if you weren’t the one who saw her first I’d snatch her away ……” He said as he motioned his hand the ‘snatching’ part.

Hoya turned around to face him, a wide grin on his face. This hyung had never failed to make him smile like that.

“Good then that I’m the first “

 

 

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

Bomi woke up to the ringing of her apartment door. Rubbing her eyes a little before she looks at the clock placed on the night stand. She stood up from the bed and walked the small distance to the apartment door. Opening it slowly to reveal the one and only blonde man she know.

“Oh my God, Bomi …. Where have you been? I were knocking on your door last night till my palms sting…..look..”

Bomi hadn’t had the time to register what he was saying as he shoved his palm in front of her face. “I thought that something bad happened to you, or you were kidnapped, or something..”

Bomi looked at him apologizing “ I’m sorry Baekhyun. I were out yesterday..”

“Oh, and here I thought we could spend the New Year eve together since we don’t have anyone” he said, pouting a little, looking adorable as ever. And Bomi wondered how a grown up man can act cute like that.

“Again, I’m sorry Baekhyun … how about I paid it back to you today? Hmm?” Bomi asked him and immediately she can see the change of expression on his face, all lights and sparks.

“Let’s have our friendly time together today then …..” she said smiling, to which he start bouncing up and down like a kid.

“Yes, yes …. I’ll be waiting for you ..”

“okay, give me a few minutes to change and I’ll be back “ she said before closing the door and went to freshin’up and wore her clothes, combing he hair to a simple bun before taking her small purse and walked out of her apartment.

 

The winter is harshly cold, but who cares. It’s the first day of the new year and everyone is having fun. Not bothered by the cold at all as they walks and laughs with each other.

Everyone seems so happy to even care about the cold or anything that could disturb their happiness right now.

 

 

Meanwhile……..

 

 

“What?...”

He looked at her questioningly.

“Ice cream …. In this weather …. Seriously Baekhyun, are you crazy or something. It’s 2 degree, or zero or minus or whatever and you want to eat ice-cream!!!” she looked at him in disbelieve.

“Yeah, what’s wrong with that …” he said stubbornly.

“It’s crazy … you are crazy!!”

“Even if I am crazy, there is no harm in acting like one …  you see that shack that sell an ice cream there? He is still opening, even in winter, to sell for crazy people like us an ice cream …. OH, we are not the only crazy people in this town, see ….. A group just bought themselves an ice cream ….” He said, looking toward the shack

“Come on, let’s go ..” he said pulling her hand with him.

I’m sure I was out of mu mind when I befriended you , was the only thing she thought as she let him drag her along the way to the shop.

 

“Okay, which flavor you like?” he asked once they were in front of the window displaying the different flavors.

“mmmm, vanilla ?....maybe? “ she smiled sheepishly “ I don’t have a specific flavor that I like…. I’m good with anything..”

“Ok then, we will go for the vanilla flavor, topped with nuts”

 

The two walked around the town while their ice cream, well aware of the glances from different people at them, as they kept on talking about random things, and sometimes laughing about some lame jokes that Baekhyun had created.

Bomi looked at him and saw him smiling as he his already melting ice cream.

‘He is crazy ..’

 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

 

“Hyung , I’m going to see grandpa Park today”

He informed him, though he didn’t have to. But it became a habit for the two over the time.

“He came back?” Dongwoo asked him, and he nodded.

“Last night ….. I hope he came with good news about them” he said knowing very well that nothing good will come from their staying here. He just knew it.

They all knew it.

 

 

“Grandpa park..”

Hoya said once he saw the older man and greeted him.

“hoya-goon….I’ve been waiting for you , come inside” the older man opened the door wider for him to enter and closed it after.

 

They were taking a seat opposite to each other, a hot green tea in front of them.

“so…”

Hoya started. Seems inpatient. He came for the news, for an answers…

“I’m sorry to inform you that what we were afraid it will happen, will happen, son..” The old man started, his fingers intertwined with each other as he cross them in his lap.

“they are seeking a war .. They were long looking for something to start a war with us, anything, even if it means to create a one ….and they succeed, I guess!”

Hoya looked his eyes with him, still confused

“ I don’t get it grandpa Park, they succeeded in what exactly?”

The older sighed.

“You know that they killed Yoon Dujoon and his family” and Hoya nodded to that. It was 3 years ago since his death along with his whole family. They were shocked to the core by it. They knew it was by them. They killed him. He was one of them. One of the few who had the courage to leave their places. To spoke about how they want to live in peace with human. To spoke about the fairness in their group. It became chaos after that. Fighting and killing among their species. A big ugly war occurred back then, where its only object for the other is to show that they are the strongest. That’s why they moved to that peaceful town. Away from all the chaos. Away from them.

“but in fact, they didn’t know that his daughter is still alive. She had survived the accident .. and when they found out that she is still alive, they start to make another plan to attack us … using her ..”

“W-what?..... still alive?.....H-How? Do you know where she is ? Do we know her?” he asked, shocked and curious at the same time.

Mr.Park nodded his head. “ yes Hoya … You and I, we all know her very well…. She is the girl working in my library ….. Bomi … Yoon Bomi”

Hoya’s eyes rounded in shock. He waited for the older man to say something, anything that indicate that he’s joking. But nothing came out of his mouth but sighing. He couldn’t believe it. No,… not Bomi… Not that specific girl, because she is anything but one of them. How come he didn’t notice that? How come his sense didn’t recognize it? Did she hide it from them? Does she even know about that?

“She don’t know yet, Hoya”

The older voice brought him out of his thought. He, for a moment, forget that he can read the mind,too.

“how come she don’t know that?”

“Dujoon, her father, along with his wife, wanted to hide it from their children. They didn’t want to tell them about that… Haven’t you wondered why you can’t read he mind sometimes!.... These kinds of skills need more practice. More training. You can’t depend only on the things you had inherited….. And that her mother was not a vampire had limited her skills as well…”  

And he nodded in understanding, yet still shocked by the news.

“What we are going to do now, grandpa?”

“We will wait and see, but we have to be ready, and prepared, if anything to happen.”

 

 

 

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Hello Chingu ^^

first i would really like to apologize for my lack of updates. I was busy with my senior projects and whats so on. And i would really like to share with you that i had finally graduated from University. And that I am proudly holding my bachelor degree in Pubic Administration. And OMG, The amount of happiness Im in right now can't be described ...and, okay... let me cut it short for you guys .... Now that I am fully free I will try to update more, and get this story done, Thank you for waiting patiently .. <3 

Until then ^^