Chapter 5

The Single Cold Breeze

 

Bomi had took a warm bath to help her warm herself from the cold weather.Which it did. And she dried her hair a little before going to her small kitchen to make for herself a hot drink.

Pouring the water on her small boiler, she started the machine and stood still waiting for it to finish. As she was waiting, her mind played back the conversation she had with him. Lee Howon. A stranger she met by a coincidence, who had offered her his umbrella when it was raining. A stranger whom she met at the book store by serendipity. A stranger who had offered her again to show her around the town since she is new here.

She remembered his eyes upon her. The way they were looking at her with some kind of a hidden strong power. But on the same time, they were warm, kind, and welcoming. She remembered his warm smile while talking to her.

The word ‘No’ was clear on her mind. But as if her tongue was working against her mind. And she can only hit head few times for saying ‘Yes’ to him.

She was not the open personality type, no, especially after the accident. But somehow this man managed to pull her out of her own little world. As if a he have a special power floating out of him. Almost enchanting her. Drowning her to him. As the words seems not to form right with his presence. But nevertheless, she find it strangely comfortable.

*It wasn’t wrong to say yes, wasn’t it?*

She was still on her thought until a click sound from the boiler in front of her brought her back. And she added two sugared spoons of milk chocolate powder before pouring the hot water on her cup.

 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

 

Today is her only day-off. So, I’m taking the chance to be with her for as long as possible. We decided to meet near the café’ at 10:00 am sharp. And here I am, waiting for her to arrive.

Nervous? Yes I am. I’ve never been like this before. I’m always confident and under control. But today is different.

*Bomi. What are you doing to me*. Her face had never left my mind last night. I was thinking of possible places to take her to. It’s not like I’m taking her on a date. Oh, how I wish she’s already mine. But it’s ok, I don’t want to rush things. It will only scare her and I don’t want her to be scared. Not from me.

My heart is beating a little bit out of it’s normal pace, and I know she is near. I couldn’t hide the smile that crept into my face. If I want, I could close my eyes and in less than a second I can be there, next to her. But I choose to wait.

Minutes, and there she is. Walking in my direction. I turned to face her fully, and just like that day. She is wearing her light brown cardigan with pair of a light blue jeans, but this time she added the dark brown jacket to her outfit. Her hair is perfectly tied on a bun. Simple it is, but that is enough for me to be mesmerized by her. And the word ‘Beautiful’ went out of my mouth unconsciously.

*What are you doing to me, Bomi ?*

 

We had grabbed a quick on-go coffee at first before starting our out-and-about around the town. I showed her many stores that she could possibly like. But only one got her attention.

It is a big shop with two doors, and it contains a drawing and painting supplies. She starts roaming around its aisle and shelves’ with sparkling eyes. * I knew you’ll like it*.

I saw her struggling to stood on her toes to grab the set of coil pencil from the third shelve. I smiled at her petite short figure and quickly went to grabbed it for her. “ Here”.

I handed it to her and she took it from my hand with an embarrassed smile . Shyly she muttered “Thank you”.

*will I sound creepy if I asked you to say it again? Bomi? I want to hear your voice more. Don’t be shy. Talk to me*

 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

 

The two had walked to a few more stores before deciding to have a lunch since it’s already noon. And beside they’re tired of walking for so long.

They arrived to the restaurant and the waitress guided them to a two-person table, located next to a window at the back.

The restaurant is not that big, and it’s good that it’s not that packed with people , thought Bomi.

It’s an English designed restaurant with vintage colors and furniture, where the lights are playing a big role on giving it a fancy yet cozy atmosphere. Much to her like, and she relaxed quickly.

“What do you want to eat?”

Bomi looked up from her menu to face the man setting in front of her. Again, with that smile. And she felt a strange feeling inside her tummy. His smile is warm, and she the kindness on him despite his strong well-build figure, and if any girls out there will fall for him, she would surly fall for his smile.

*If only you know that I can read your mind, Bomi-ah*

After 10 minutes, their foods arrived and they start eating their meal with silence. Only exchanging few words here and there.

 

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

“So, Bomi, How is the town, you like it?” Hoya asked her , as usual, trying to keep up a conversation between them. So he came up with random topics.  The two had paid for their lunch and went out of the restaurant. Walking on the side street. The street is less crowded as this time of the day. So they are taking their time while walking .

“It’s good… so far” Bomi answered him simply and he hummed a little.

Thinking of a next question or different topics to come up with, doing his best to let her talk. Although her answer are usually short and simple, but that was enough for him to hear her voice.

“By the way, my workplace is near the book store you’re working in. we can always see each other” He looked at her, smiling and she returned the smile.

*smile Bomi, you looks beautiful like that*

 

The sun is on set. The sky turned to a painting of mixed colors of yellow and orange. The chirping sounds of birds filled up the air as they gathered on their nest to rest after a long day for them.

“it’s getting late..” the two stopped before her apartment building . Hoya insisted on walking her home.

Bomi turned to him “ Thank you for today, and sorry if I wasted your time…” But Hoya cut her with a shake of his head. He hate how she’s way too formal with him.

“No, It’s ok. I have a day off today too” Good one Hoya, Now you are lying!!

“ok then,…….”

“see you tomorrow Bomi, Good Night” Hoya smiled warmly at her, his gaze never leaving her.

“Good Night” she nodded at him.

With that, Bomi turned around and entered the building. Heart warm, and a new feeling building inside her.