Chapter 2

The Single Cold Breeze

 

"put these three books in the second shelf, Dear" said the old man handing Bomi the last three books left.

Nodding, Bomi placed the books on their place.

It's monday, and the begining of a neww month. That's mean the newly released books will arrive. which they did, and both - Bomi & the old man - spent the morning hours on organizing the new books on their places that they didn't finish until noon.

Bomi climbed down the small ladder, dusting her hand on her clothes befor taking the ladder back to the store room. She came back second later to see the old man on his usual spot behind the cashier reading a book. *Isn't he tired?* .. Folding back her blue cardigan's sleeve as she walked back to the chair placed next to the window - her usual spot you can say.

Looking out at the street and the passer by as time ticking. Boredom start to crept into her. She's been here for a two weeks and yet she didn't get to discover the whole town. Sure she went to the supermarket and the bakery, buying for her new apartment. But still, she didn't everything in this town. Bomi wishes that she have someone to take her and show her around, but she don't have any, she's lonely here, she didn't even get to know her neighbour. And that made her heart heavy, and again a look of loneliness and sadness is back again to her eyes.

Bomi sighed softly, putting a strand of her hair behind her ear, before clasping both of her hands and placing them between her thigh as her eyes again locked out of the window giving her a look of bored person.

"You can take your leave if you want to, dear" the old man said suddenly taking her out of her trance.

"Huh" Bomi said leaning her head to the side a little.

" It's near the closing hour, you can go dear, it's fine really"

"No, It's ok" Bomi tried to declare the offer, shaking her head.

But again, whom you are talking to? .. you can't go against an old man stubborness and insistence. So at the end, Bomi found herself wearing her coat bowing to the owner before exiting the book shop.

Inhaling a big breath, she start walking on the other direction, crossing streets and passing different shops and stores before she saw a park not so far.

Standing infront of its big gate, Bomi looked back at where she came from * Good that it's not that far*. Bomi entered the park and was surprised to see that it's not that empty at this time. She walked through the park, her eyes are checking every inch of it, admiring it.

The park is not that Fancy, but it was well organized, clean, and giving you a comforting feeling. As she walk through it, she passed by a family where the father was playing with his kids while the mother is setting the lunch box before calling them over. The kids followed by their father run back to their mommy and sat their, chatting happily as they eat the food.

Bomi smiled bitterly at them * We were like them*.

Not wanting to get notice by the family, Bomi kept on walking until she found a bench next to a big tree not so far from where she's standing. She sat there taking a break from the long walk. Tapping her feet on the ground, looking into space, while her mind start drifting away, backward on her memory to her late family.

 

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

 

Hoya flattered his eyes open only to met the darkness and the freezing tempreture of his room. The coldness seems appealing to him that he closed his eyes again taking a big breath before opening it again. He remebered something. checking the clock on the bed side table, 2:30pm it reads.

He woked up from his sleeping position and walk hurriedly to the bathroom to freshen up. Remembering clearly the decision he made yesterday to go back to the town to see that girl again.

After getting ready, he exited his room and make his way down the hall passing hir brother's door. Hoya stopped in his place, looking back at the door, as he remeber what happened last night. Thinking that his brother might be hurt from his words.

Sungjong, his little brother, need no-one to remind him continuously that he is the weakest among them all and they can't do anything about it. He was born like that. It was his disteny. And Hoya made sure that no one would ever bother his brother, mocking him, or remind him of that. But his tongue slipped out last night. And he cursed himself for that .

Hoya bited his lips in guilt, looking at his brother's door again. he grasped the handle, opening the door ever so slowly, only to see his brother sleeping soundly on his bed, curling into his bed sheet while wrapping the blanket around himself. He smiled at the sight, how he looked cute with that sleeping position. He will always be his baby brother.

Hoya closed the door behind him and walked down the stairs only to see Sunggyu's wife Seungyeon setting on the big sofa of their living room, different types and colors of wools around her. She was knitting. It was her favorite, spending lots and lots of time on them, making variety of clothes like cardigan, gloves, and hat for them.

"Oh, you're awake?" she looked back, sincing his presence.

"yeah," Hoya answered her back smiling at her " what are you doing ?"

"I made this" she said raising the small size cardigan infront of her "how is it? do you like it?"

Hoya smiled a big one " It's cute, you are really the best on making these things"

"Are you complimenting my wife?" just then Sunggyu came down, sat next to his wife, hugging her to his chest while planting a kiss on the back of her head.

"well, it's not like I'm flirting with her" Hoya said with a smirk.

Sunggyu narrowed his eyes at him " You better not" to which Hoya and Seungyeon both laughed at his jealousy.

"btw, honey, what are you doing?" Sunggyu asked her looking at the piece of clothes on her hand.

She turned around in his embrace showing him the the small size cardigan" One day, our future children will wear them" smiling shyly.

Sunggyu looked at it , his eyes is glowing, both of them can't wait to have their first child.

 

"well then, excuse me you to love birds, I'm going now" Hoya excused himself, not wanting to be late.

"where are you going?" asked Sunggyu.

"to the town for a while"

"Ah, ok, watch out for yourself and becareful " Sunggyu told him.

"sure Hyung" He said exiting the mansion and made his way to the town.

 

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

 

" Dady, take us back there next time ... I want to collect more and more of the seashell" .. Minhyuk,  her little brother was talking non stop about the trip all the way back to home

"and mommy, I need a new container for my new collection"

Their mother looked back at them, smiling, lovengly " Sure my son"

"you are really a shell-freak, Hyuk" Bomi giggled at her brother.

"Hey, I'm not a shell-freak, they are so beautiful to kept them on their place on the beach" he pouted looking at his shell.

"I don't get that obsession of you to those shell, they are all the same, Hyuk" she continued with the teasing, loving the annoying look on her little brother face.

The two kept on teasing, and giggling with each other until they heard a loud scratch of a car's wheels on the road. both of them looked up to see their father pressing hard on the break, trying to control his car. But that didn't work at all, the ground was slippery and the other car slipping on their direction,  making him to think of the only option. He turn the steering wheel hard to the side to change the direction. But get surprised by another car slipping on their way too along with the previous one.

 

As a cold breeze passed her, Bomi opened her eyes immediately, catching her breathes,  the memory of her late family's accident kept on hunting her. She looked around, the park is almost empty, the sun is coming to a set, indicating the end of the day.

*It becoming late* Sighing heavily, she stand up from the bench, dusting he clothes, then she start walking back home not aware of the figure standing behind the big tree.

 

*So That What Had Happened !!*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

OK,  I in describing , really I tried hard and went through them many times but still .. T_T

Anyways, thanks beautiful reader for commenting on my story, and sorry for not replying to you... ^^~

Ah, INFINITE oppa FIGHTING on ur OGS .. <3