Chapter 10

The Lost Black Pearl

Luhan is walking around the school corridor. He is whistling to his favorite song while tucking his hands in his pockets.

" I heard there are ghost in the backyard of the seniors class.. " A student is spreading nonsense gossips again. Luhan glance at them and exhale disappointedly.

" I bet it's something else.." Luhan states to them and shook his head slowly, walking straight to the park. 

" Luhan!!! " Luhan face immediately form a frown as he ehard that voice. He is ready to run away when the owner of the voice grabs his arm.

" Let me go ! " Luhan screams out.

" Luhan! Let's eat together! " Hyerin says and peek on Luhan by his shoulder. Luhan flicks her forehead and push her away. She stumbles and fall on the ground. She let out a painful shriek since her hands seems to bleed due to the friction. Luhan notices and he knows, he has no choice, he had to help her.

" Did it hurt? " Luhan ask annoyed.

" N-no.. Nothing. Luhan, let's play " She tries to fake a smile and grabs Luhan hand. Luhan flinches away and point his fingers on her forehead. He bends towards her. He offers his hand and Hyerin accepts it with a smile.

" Ahh ! " Hyerin screams as Luhan suddenly squeeze on her hand. Luhan chuckles lowly and smirk. He will takes this chanc to tease and bully her.

" Hurt? " He slyly ask.

" N-no. . " She stutters as her cheeks slowly flushed red from the slight pain. Luhan squeeze harder. Hyerin eyes twitched and she stiffen her lips.

" Luhan... " She says with a soft voice. Luhan is taken aback and he is actually startled by that. He let go of her hand and look away.

" What's wrong with me? " He mentally ask himself. He felt his heartbeat faster again.

" Luhan? " She calls out for him once again.

" Y-ye-yeah? " He answers nervously. She smiles at him and he just gives her a glare. He sighs and grabs Hyerin arms forcefully and drag her to somewhere. Hyerin didn't protest and followed wherever Luhan lead him. They finally reach the school park. He makes her sit on the bench. She lets out a mewl as Luhan push her down. Luhan looks down at her before he also settle himself on the bench.

" Give me your palm.. " Luhan commands her with his irritated voice. Luhan grabs her palm and look at the cut. It's not injured that badly. He blows onto the cut and hyerin giggles at him. He looks at her and raise his eyebrows.

" Are we friends now? " She ask as lively as she could. Luhan scoffs away and shot her a glare once again. The time flies just like that as the both of them is presence at the same place but without a words.

" I never have any friends.. Everyone is running away from me.. I wonder what it would be like if I have many friend.. We can play, eat and laugh together.. " Hyerin says and her eyesmile caught Luhan. Luhan shift his gaze away and bites on his lower lips. Silence fill them again. A group of students are passing in front of them. They jokes around and chatting happily. Hyerin just look at them longingly.

" I wish I could join them.. " She says and Luhan scrunched his face. He feels bitter and he is feeling miserable because he can't do anything to help her.

" To be honest, I were depressed too all day long. But I fell better now... Thanks to you.. " Luhan says without looking at her. Suddenly his eyes widened as he realized what he is actually saying. He hopes she didn't hear and just let it slipped.Hyerin didn't hear what Luhan was just saying because her thought brings her somewhere else. Luhan gets off and pats off his jeans. Hyerin looks at him as he starts to walk away.

" Luhan.. Where are you going?"

" I don't want to stay here forever. " Luhan says sneerly. Hyerin just look at him as he walk straight without giving her a second glance.

" Luhan!! " She cals him. No response from Luhan. " Can you please give this to Jongin? "

Luhan stop and let out a heavy sigh. He turns around and ready to nag again but her speech stops him.

" Please give this meal box to Jongin. Tell him to eat it. Pleaaaaaasssseeee treat it nicely! " She says as she hand the mealbox to Luhan and hops away.

" Pleaseeeee.... treat this nicely.. " Luhan mock her and makes a hateful face. Luhan observes the mealbox and the food. " Haissshh.. She really pours out her everything for that guy.. " He shooks his head and carry the porridge with him.

It is a quiet day. Jongin is walking down the streets. He walks weakly on his back, as if the whole world is on his shoulder. Step by step, he stares on the road. His white uniform is a mess and his hair is waving as the wind blows. Jongin reach his home and he opens the door. He throw his vest and bag on the floor and slump himself onto the bed. His cheek rest on the pillows while he closes his eyes. He let out a soft sigh as his body heaves up and down.

FLASHBACK

The girl removes her clothes and Jongin clothes one by one. Jongin try to hold her hand to stop her.

" You can't do this. I'm not going to do this with you. " Jongin told her panickly.

However, he is a man afterall. He is lose by his inner conflict and fall for the trap. He is losing.

END OF FLASHBACK

 

" Argghh!! " Jongin screams out painfully as he throw the pillow to the wall. His tears fall, he cries miserably. His sobs fill the room.

" Hyerin... " He sobs. " I'm sorry that I hurt you like this.. "

 

FLASHBACK

Hyerin holds Jongin hand and leans her head on his shoulder as they walk around the amusement park.

" Jongin.. I dont want to ride that. " Hyerin says as she points out to the roller coaster. She hides her face shyly on his chest. He smiles and rubs her head gently.

" I promise.. I will not not hurt you.. As long as i live, I will protect you, with all my life.. " He says lovingly.

She stares up at to him. " Really?" She asks him. He nods in reply and peck her lips.

" Then please be with me forever and protect me.. Will you Jongin? "

" I will.. My dear.. "

END OF FLASHBACK

 

Jongin is let out an ugly sobs as he tries to hit his chest, hoping to ease the pain he feels. The promise that he breaks, kills him. The person that he loves, he hurts her. Everytime he had to be cool in front of her, it shred himself from the inside, everytime he witnessed her cries and sobs, he feels like all the world turns down on him, like a wither daisies, she is worn out.

" I'm sorry... " He barely says with a choke. Jongin lays on his back slowly and feels his heartbeat. He breathes slowly trying to calm himself down from the heartache. He closes his eyes slowly as the strain of tears fall downs his cheeks.