Chapter 9

Inked
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hihihihihi the pretty fanart is done by Maria :3 Thank you ilu ♥

Only half-proofread sorry~ please tell me if you find some errors!

 

 

As Hyukjae wakes up that warm Sunday morning, he finds himself smiling.

Without opening his eyes, he breathes in the scent of shampoo, and as messy golden hair tickles his nostrils, his smile grows bigger, pink gums peeking beneath his plump lips. Carefully, he pulls the still sleeping blond impossibly closer, basking in the warmth and relishing in the small puffs of breath ghosting upon his neck.

Releasing a happy sigh through his nose, he allows a recollection of the previous night’s events to play in his mind.

Truthfully, he had been scared less.

Who wouldn’t be, when Donghae was very angrily cussing him out? (Although Hyukjae must say that the image of an angry Donghae is kinda…hot. And extremely cute at the same time. But scary, definitely). His fear had then turned into honest surprise the moment those three words escaped the blond’s lips. And then it became utmost happiness when he was (oh-so-roughly) kissed.

It was far from the cheesy, romantic he had been imagining, definitely.

But Hyukjae wouldn’t have it any other way.

He remembers the way Donghae had glared at him and blushed furiously after the kiss, lips downturned into the cutest pout ever. Hyukjae had been blinking stupidly, his mind still not fully registering what had happened. It took him a while, and Donghae was muttering about him being a stupid dip. The blond was about to walk away due to his embarrassment when Hyukjae, finally snapping out of his daze, grabbed the younger’s wrist and cupped his cheek to pull him into another searing kiss.

It’s safe to say that after that, Donghae was no longer angry.

He was easily convinced to have dinner and stay the night. They talked a lot, mostly about themselves. After confirming their relationship status to be that of boyfriends (Hyukjae had giggled a lot and while Donghae simply narrowed his eyes at him, the brightness in his cheeks was a dead giveaway), Hyukjae had also finally explained fully what pushed him to betray Donghae years ago, which was what happened to his sister. Upon learning about it, the blond admitted that he kind of understood things better now. Knowing things made it easier, he had said, and Hyukjae had wanted to tell him about his inking right then and there, just for the mere fact that he no longer wanted to hide anything from him.

He was done with lying. Done with pretense. He’d finally confessed and bared his heart after all. He’s got nothing to lose now.

But then Donghae had started yawning and mumbling about being tired, and after a day of crying and fighting, Hyukjae just didn’t have the heart to give him another piece of information that could possibly upset him again.

And so he decided to give it a day or two.

They had then changed into pajamas (separately because Hyukjae couldn’t risk Donghae seeing his own name on his chest—at least not yet—and really, the idea of seeing each other was a bit too much for him. They just started dating, for goodness’ sake) and decided to watch tv on the sofa until the both of them were too sleepy to understand anything. The two of them ended up cuddling and exchanging soft kisses until sleep had finally claimed Donghae. And in a few minutes, Hyukjae too.

And now, it is morning, and he woke up with Donghae still in his arms, confirming that everything that happened the previous night wasn’t just a dream. It was real—as real as the movie date, only even better, and Hyukjae couldn’t stop the feeling of utter happiness blooming within his chest. The memory of how they exchanged those precious three words, their cuddling and kisses, the warmth and the softness of Donghae’s lips against his—it all makes him feel like he’s on the top of the world, and he couldn’t help but giggle out loud like a delirious school girl.

“What are you laughing about?”

Eyes fluttering open in surprise, Hyukjae blinks down at the sleepy grumbling bundle in his arms. “Good morning. Sorry, did I wake you?”

Donghae shakes his head and buries his face further into the space where Hyukjae’s neck meets his shoulder, mumbling a small good morning as his arms tighten around the redhead’s torso.

“Want to sleep more?” Hyukjae asks, his grin widening at the cute gesture.

“Mm,” Donghae answers, his sleep-laden voice muffled by the redhead’s skin. “What time is it anyway?”

“I don’t know, I haven’t checked,” he eyes the window, humming as he takes note of the small rays of sunshine chasing away the remnants of darkness. “Probably five-thirty? Or six?”

“It’s too early,” the blond whines lightly.

“We can sleep more.”

Pulling away a little, Donghae peeks up at him, one eye still closed and the other half-lidded and crusted with sleep. His lips are downturned slightly and Hyukjae, unable to resist the adorable sight, leans down to give him a small peck.

A hint of pink spreads all over Donghae’s cheeks as he blinks blearily. He smiles, before leaning upwards to press his lips a little longer on Hyukjae’s.

“Mm, or we can spend the rest of the morning kissing,” Hyukjae chuckles into the thin lips, smile broadening when the younger laughs with him, the both of them unmindful of the morning breath they’re sharing.

They kiss languidly for a while, soft lips slowly moulding and moving against one another. Tightening his hold around the narrow waist, Hyukjae sighs contently through his nose as he feels gentle fingers running through his hair.

“That’d be nice,” Donghae utters softly as he pulls away to take a good look at the older boy’s dazed expression. “But I’m hungry.”

Hyukjae pouts, unhappy that their kiss was too short for his liking. “Already?”

“Yes, you dip. Feed me.”

The redhead groans. “You’re still calling me that?”

“Yeah, why not?” Donghae chuckles as he nuzzles Hyukjae’s cheek. “You’re my dip.”

“That’s really sweet, Hae, but it kinda sounds wrong.”

Muffled laughter echoes in the air and soon, Hyukjae has himself a shouting and squirming blond slapping his shoulder after he ruthlessly poked Donghae where he knew he was the most ticklish: his ribs.

“Dip, huh?” the redhead smirks, his tickling attack relentless, while Donghae throws half-hearted punches at him, yells of protest morphing into boisterous laughter. “You’ve been calling me that nonstop for a very long time now, and you should know that I’m not at all very fond of it.”

“Why not!” Donghae says as he flails and laughs about, attempting to push Hyukjae away by the chest and shoulders only to fail as he gets tickled even more. “I-It suits you well! Ack—stop!”

Hyukjae does stop, narrowing his eyes at the still giggling blond before making a small grunting noise and closing the distance between their lips in a sweet peck. As Donghae blinks in mild surprise, the redhead simply grins. “Let’s eat?”

He receives a quick nod, and soon, they’re both in the kitchen, arguing over pancake and waffles.

Donghae wins and they have waffles with bacon and eggs for breakfast.

 

 

“So,” Donghae starts as he plops back on the couch, sated from the scrumptious meal he just had. A small, grin is playing on his thin lips while Hyukjae hums curiously as he looks for the television remote underneath the coffee table. “When and how did you discover what you felt for me?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter