Chapter 12

Inked
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Short and not proofread /o\

 

 

They stumble into Hyukjae’s living room in a delirious fit of giggles, arms wrapped around each other and lips quickly attaching. In a blinded daze, they move through the room, bumping against numerous pieces of furniture (and fortunately not breaking anything) before successfully landing on the plush sofa, Donghae’s back meeting the soft surface and Hyukjae wasting no time to straddle him.

He a line from Donghae’s jaw down to the supple skin of his neck, delighting in the pleased hum that resonates from the blond’s throat. Lips wrapping around a bobbing adam’s apple, Hyukjae allows his teeth to graze lightly at the skin as he on it, the low moan escaping the swollen pair of thin lips causing a familiar warmth to bubble within the pits of his stomach.

His hands immediately travel downwards, pulling at Donghae’s pants hurriedly. Due to their escapade at the gym locker room earlier, Hyukjae has gotten impossibly aroused, despite the fact that they were able to get some release.

He wanted—no, needed more.

But apparently, the heavens has other plans for both him and Donghae, because their very quickly escalating moment is abruptly interrupted by the shocked voice of a female.

“Hyukjae?”

!

He quickly clambers off of Donghae, eyes wide and panicked as he turns to the source of the sound and gapes in a mix of disbelief, surprise and fear.

“N-Noona?”

Donghae’s eyes are probably even wider, his face turning as red as a traffic stop light as he fumbles to fix his unbuckled belt and sits up straight.

“Well,” Lee Sora says from her position on the bottom of the stairs, her eyes wide and her lips opening and closing a few times before she manages to continue. “This is not the state I expected to see my brother in after a few months of not visiting.”

“Noona,” Hyukjae utters as Donghae nervously stands next to him, eyes darting about everywhere. “W-What are you doing here?”

“Am I not allowed to come home?” Sora answers, although her eyes do not have the usual teasing glint they have. Instead, they are focused on Donghae, confusion and doubt evident in the way her delicate eyebrows knit together. “I’m not sure what I am supposed to say… I guess I am lucky I came down before you both got rid of your clothes. That compromising position aside though, Hyukjae, did you find your soulmate and didn’t tell any of us?”

Hyukjae swallows dryly.

He does not like where this is going.

“What makes this even more bizarre,” Sora continues, her almond-shaped eyes that are so similar to her brother’s narrowing slightly. “Your soulmate is Donghae? The Donghae you were best friends with in middle school? That is…him, right?”

He really does not like where this is going.

“Noona, I – um, we’re – uh, it’s…” Hyukjae tries, but he could not form any coherent words. He did not see this coming. He did not expect this at all. He has never thought of what could possibly happen, what he could possibly say if he ever gets caught with Donghae. It never crossed his mind at all.

At his lack of response, Sora’s eyes narrow even further, a frown beginning to settle on her thick lips as she steps towards them. The sharp sound of her high heels clicking against the marble floors makes Hyukjae feel as if she is a predator about to pounce on her prey.

More like, preys.

He instinctively steps to one side, hiding the trembling Donghae slightly behind him.

“You don’t say,” Sora murmurs the moment she’s standing only a foot away from the couple, her lips pulling into a thin line before she speaks again, “Don’t tell me you made the same mistake as I did.”

Hyukjae could not speak. He couldn’t even bring his eyes to meet his sister’s for more than a second.

He’s afraid. Extremely afraid.

“Did you fall in love with someone else before your inking, Lee Hyukjae?”

“He is my soulmate!” he blurts out, finally lifting his gaze to burn into his older sister’s, the desperation in him fueling him despite his shaking hands. “His name is inked into my skin.”

Sora looks surprised for a moment, her features relaxing for a fraction of a second in what seems to be understanding, before it all disappears and her eyes narrow once again. “But is your name on his skin?”

It only takes a second of silence, and Sora already has this knowing look on her grim face.

“Of all things, Hyukjae,” she says, genuine disappointment in her voice as she stares at him disbelievingly. “After everything? After what I went through, you go ahead and do exactly the same thing? As if you didn’t learn a thing from me?”

“But I did!” Hyukjae shoots back, indignant and so afraid, because , why were they so careless? So stupid and thoughtless and just—. , , . everything. “I learned from you alright, and stayed away from him for years, only for what? For his name to appear on my skin, that’s what. I am not wasting time away from him anymore, noona.”

“You couldn’t even wait for his turn?” Sora hisses. “This is dangerous, Hyukjae. If you two are soulmates, then good for you, congratulations, but for as long as you are uncertain, you cannot keep this up. You are lucky it’s only me who came home today. This has to stop.”

“What? No!” Hyukjae argues. “We aren’t doing anything wrong! It’s not like we’re hurting anyone for being together! You, of all people should know this!”

“That exactly is the problem, Hyukjae,” Sora says through gritted teeth, her anger seeping out of her. “I know exactly what this is, I know what can happen by the end of this. I am not letting that happen to you,” she turns her eyes towards the terrified blond half-hidden behind Hyukjae. “Please leave. I need to speak with my brother alone.”

“Wha—no, you can’t do that! He is my guest, you don’t tell him what to do!”

“Shut up, Hyukjae,” Sora says, eyes never leaving Donghae. “Leave. Please.”

With a small, choked whimper, Donghae immediately turns to leave, but Hyukjae holds him by the wrist.

“You’re not going anywhere,” he says, glaring at his sister.

“Hyukjae,” Donghae says, tugging his wrist out of the older boy’s tight grip, and the tremble in his voice makes him want to hold him, to reassure him that nothing will go wrong, even though Hyukjae isn’t sure of it himself. “Hyukjae, let go.”

“Let him go, Hyukjae,” Sora says.

“He isn’t going anywhere.”

“He needs to go. I’m taking you to The Center.”

“The hell you’re taking me anywhere!” Hyukjae shouts, anger flooding his veins as he holds Donghae tighter, refusing to let the younger out of his sight. “Go back to your place, noona. This is not any of your business.”

Scoffing in disbelief, Sora returns the ruthless gaze back at her brother. “You’d rather I tell mom and dad about this?”

“Don’t you dare. You have no proof he isn’t my soulmate—”

“And you have no proof that he is yours.”

“His name is on my skin!”

“Hyukjae!”

He stills, Donghae’s voice startling him out of his a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter