The Beginning

The ABK ♥

As an ABK, life was a bit harder than usual. Despite the usual Korean stereotypes, I get stereotypes that are American too. Being picked on is an everyday thing, considering the fact, I don't have money, my Korean is slurred and my English doesn't suit me well in Korea. I wish I can go my whole life just not speaking. But no no no, my mom wouldn't ever let me do that.

No antisocial kids will be in my house, make friends, get a girlfriend, do something crazy and stupid, live life. Vida la vida, sweetie.

Of course, she never really had the life and the liberties I've had so, her saying that was normal as well. I mean, I have friends, in America. I never really got the chance to meet people of Korea. No one wants to talk to me. They'd talk right in front of me, in Korean, pretending I'm not Korean too. And I just want to yell " I know what you are saying, I can speak Korean well, ya know!" But, sadly no guts to say anything I feel.

Today at school, wasn't any better than the other days. I got a note at school telling me to go "kill myself." I mean, the note was hurtful but geez, can their English be any worst, the legibility was astoundingly awful I had to go back to the person who wrote the note and teach them how to spell. But, on the contrary, I talked to some one today. He was some kind of broad, very tall, athletic, type person. We talked alright, wasn't a very nice conversation however.

“Hey, you”

"Are you.. Are you talking to me."

“Yes, I’m talking to you, come here." I walked over to him and looked up at him. He stares at me and then pushed me to a wall.

What did I do?”  I squealed

“Your face,”

“So my face . . . Makes you hit me?”

“You talking sass to me?”

“I’m sorry, I’ll back down, “

“Listen American, I’m not going to stress it enough, so I’m going to reiterate myself once more. Get out of here. Don’t come back, ever. “

“WELL~ you’re acting like I’m not Korean too. . “

"You've got some nerve." He raised his fist, but before he can hit me. I moved closer to him and wrapped my arms around his neck and placed a peck on his cheek and ran off. Him being shocked by the kiss made it easier to get away, giving me 6 extra seconds to run away from him.

I definitely had some nerve alright.