Professor T

Shots Off Taengent: Professor T

Theory of SeducTion 101

It was common for Professor T to create a stir wherever she went. After all, it wasn’t every day students got to meet a professor as seductive as her. Her name was spoken by all students, and for all the controversy that surrounded her, the management of the institution of tertiary education, BUITNW, were divided over their opinion on her.

One group couldn’t care less about her seductive charm. They brushed it aside, claiming results to be the priority of the institution, and it didn’t matter if Professor T went about the campus in the equivalent of a white, oversized boyfriend shirt that made it look like she was under it. At least the attendance for her classes was high, they said.

The second group wanted her contract terminated. An institution of tertiary education was no place for a professor like her, they said. She was a distraction to the students and they were attending classes for all the wrong reasons. Unbecoming of a professor, they said.

The third group was all for her seductive charm. They welcomed it with open arms, and would have gladly wrapped them around her if she stepped into range. They were in direct opposition with the second group, and were more than happy to get rid of those board members if only they could. Professors had to keep up with the times, they said. Professors had to stay relevant to the students, they said.

But none of this controversy bothered Professor T. She woke up every day, did her makeup, tied her hair into the ponytail that everyone had come to expect, tossed on yet another white, oversized boyfriend shirt, put on her round Harry Potter-isque glasses, pulled on her sassy silver low-cut boots and strutted out to her fabulous pink unicorn car.

Each work day, she drove to BUITNW, parked her car, and dusted her precious unicorn horn at the front of the bonnet. Then she strutted to her office, switched on her laptop, and started work. She loved her students and her students loved her. Her life was full of colour. Her life was ing fantastic.

Until she appeared one fine day.

The other Professor T.

Professor Taeyeon Kim, Music Theory.

Printed on the card that labelled the office door right beside hers.

Being the sociable one in her family, Professor T knocked on the door and strutted into the room. “Hi, Taeyeon. That’s your name, right? Should I call you Taeyeon? Or just Tae?”

Professor Taeyeon Kim merely stared up at her through similar round Harry Potter-isque glasses, her soft, brown eyes blinking in surprise—or shock.

“I’m your neighbour, Professor Tiffany Young.” Professor T glided around the desk to Professor Taeyeon Kim’s side and leaned closer. “You can call me Professor T for short. In fact, I prefer to be called Professor T so don’t ask people to call you that or everyone is going to be confused.”

Professor Taeyeon Kim’s mouth fell open and Professor T noticed how pouty and well-lubricated they were. She also noticed how Professor Taeyeon Kim’s soft, light brown hair fell around her shoulders. In those three seconds it took to take in her appearance, Professor T identified her as a rival. A rival in looks and aura but definitely not a rival in force. This new professor would wilt like a flower in the desert if they ever came to blows.

But for now, Professor T did not label her as a threat. No, Professor Taeyeon Kim was too weak to be a threat. Not when she was still staring blankly and speechless.

“Did I scare you?”

A slender hand covered Professor Taeyeon Kim’s chest and the woman nodded a little. “Your vocal projection is quite powerful,” she finally said in a soft, gentle voice that mirrored her appearance.

“Thank you!” Professor T replied with a smile from the heart and flipped her hair. “It is one of my many strengths. But you still haven’t answered me. I asked if I should call you Taeyeon or just Tae.”

“You can call me Taeyeon or Tae. The students will call me Professor Kim.”

Professor T laughed from her chest and tossed her hair back. “There are more than ten Professor Kims in BUITNW, so most of them use their names. Like Professor Kim Yoojin is Professor Yoo. Professor Kim Hyoyeon is Professor Hyo. Professor Kim Yerim is Professor Ye. You get the idea.”

“But if nobody else goes by Professor Kim, wouldn’t students know that it’s me?”

“It doesn’t work that way.”

“Why not?”

“Because I say so.”

“But based on the theory of elimination—”

Professor T landed her palms on Professor Taeyeon Kim’s shoulders and glided them down her arms. “If you don’t want to be eliminated, you have to listen to me. Got it?”

Professor Taeyeon Kim jumped in her seat, her pale skin turning paler. “G-Got it.”

Professor T leaned down and her shirt hung loose, giving the pale woman an eyeful of the black low-cut camisole inside. “So, is it Professor Taeyeon or Professor Tae?”

“P-Professor Tae.”

“Good girl,” Professor T breathed and winked at Professor Tae. “And I’ll call you Tae. Is that alright?”

“Y-Yes.”

“Wonderful. Enjoy your first day of work, Tae.” Professor T turned around at the door, raising her leg a little and arching her back. “I’ll be right next door if you need anything,” she drawled, then shut the door on the stunned speechless Professor Tae. Professor T smiled to herself as she entered her office.

Professor Tae was nerdy but kind of cute, actually.

~ z