The Way

Shots Off Taengent: Professor T

...inspired by Tiffany's rendition of The Way...

 

 

The Way (TaeNy)

 

“Taetae...” Tiffany poked Taeyeon's arm with a finger but the latter pouted and shifted down the couch, putting distance between them. Tiffany wasn't about to back off though, so she sidled up to Taeyeon again and hugged her arm. “Taetae...”

 

Taeyeon remained silent and sulky but Tiffany knew exactly what was going on in her mind. There could only be one reason for this behavior.

 

“I'll go to Juhyun's musical with you too.”

 

Taeyeon continued to ignore her so she planted a kiss on her cheek and grinned when Taeyeon crinkled her nose. It didn't take much effort to read each other's minds after being together for a decade. Ten years, the length of their ever-changing relationship, from strangers to friends, to sisters, in more ways than one.

 

Finally, Taeyeon shook her head and replied, “That's too obvious.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Do you really need to ask?”

 

Tiffany shrugged. “I'm a supportive oenni. What can they say? Besides,” she continued, breaking into her classic eyesmile where her eyes turn into crescents and blow people's minds with how happy they look, “we're not only Soshi. We're TaeTiSeo too.”

 

“Never mind. It's okay.” Taeyeon stood with her dog, Prince and moved all the way to the other end of the long couch that was meant to accommodate as many of them as possible—the others would lay on cushions that used to be strewn across the floor in front of the TV set, only, they didn't need them anymore since most of them had moved out.

 

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon and sighed. If there was one thing about Taeyeon that she wanted to change, it would be her melancholy. She sank into an emotional state easily and usually stayed in the pool of depression for a significant amount of time, a trait that Sunny once spoke about on a variety show. Yes, she and Sunny would try to cheer Taeyeon up but the girl only wanted to be left alone with her depressing music, sinking deeper and deeper into her feels.

 

Someone had once said that talented, gifted artistes would be more emotional than others, trying to explain why Taeyeon was the way she was but Tiffany didn't agree. She believed that the people around her would be able to change that. And she'd never stop trying. For one simple reason that needed no introduction.

 

What could she do? Ice cream perhaps? Some things never changed and Taeyeon's love for ice cream was the longest running love she knew of. Alright, she'd get a tub of Taeyeon's favourite ice cream and see if it would work. She headed to the kitchen and took a tub of cappuccino-flavoured ice cream from the humongous fridge that was packed to the brim with things they liked to eat and drink.

 

Armed with the ice cream, she made her way back to the living room. She stopped short at the sight of Taeyeon nuzzling Prince and as her lips puckered to kiss him, an illogical swell of discomfort burgeoned within her chest, prompting her to burst out saying, “Ya! Don't!”

 

Taeyeon looked up in surprise, wide-eyed and clueless as Tiffany put the ice cream on the coffee table and took Prince from her but Tiffany didn't bother explaining her strange behavior.

 

“I brought the ice cream for you. Cheer up, okay?”

 

Taeyeon pouted again and stretched her arms out for Prince. “I want Prince back.”

 

“Not if you're gonna kiss him.”

 

“Why? Feeling jealous?”

 

“Why would I be jealous of a dog?”

 

“You're asking me. You should know better.”

 

Taeyeon's pout had turned into a sly, cheeky smirk and Tiffany found herself in Taeyeon's arms before she could react to anything. “I love the way you make me feel, I love it, I love it,” she sang and Tiffany couldn't help but giggle. Taeyeon's pronunciation had improved vastly over the years of practice but there was this cute little accent remaining that tickled her pink, always. And she secretly hoped it would never go away so that Taeyeon would be adorable like this forever. “I love the way you make me feel, I love it, I love it.”

 

Tiffany turned in Taeyeon's arms and gave her a full dose of her megawatt eyesmile as she continued to sing.

 

“You give me that kind of something, want it all the time, need it everyday...”

 

What kind of something? Kim Taeyeon, right now you've giving me another kind of something.

 

“On a scale of one to ten I'm at a hundred, never get enough, I can't stay away...”

 

“Then don't.”

 

“Huh?”

 

Tiffany leaned in, her head leading the way as her lips closed over Taeyeon's open ones and locked them down. With the song and ice cream forgotten, their lips worked each other over, giving the other a taste of their feelings for the other, heightening their tingling senses even as Prince tried to join in. Their lips locked again and again, this way, that way, tilting left, right and their breaths were ragged when they finally stopped.

 

“Taeyeon...”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“If you want it, I got it. I got it everyday. You can get whatever you need from me. Stay by your side, I'll never leave you. And I ain't going nowhere 'cos you're a keeper,” said Tiffany, slowly and deliberately, meaning every single word she said. “I was thinking of you when I sang that song, Taetae.”

 

“Even when you sang 'I got a bad boy'?” Taeyeon teased, her smirk returning to her youthful features, making her look like a naughty kid who was up to no good.

 

“No. That would be Ginger,” she deadpanned with some difficulty. It was hard for her to stop herself from smiling but she succeeded, to a certain degree.

 

“Ya, Prince is no angel either. Pigrince.”

 

“He's not fat! Sunny says he isn't fat too.”

 

“Sunny is biased.”

 

“I don't care.”

 

“Neither do I,” breathed Taeyeon as she leaned back in and Tiffany couldn't continue the banter because her lips were no longer hers to use.

 

Their lip locking continued, growing in intensity and it wasn't long before Tiffany moaned. They stopped kissing when she did, breathless and panting, their hands unwittingly under each other's clothes, caressing the bare skin underneath. One look said everything and Taeyeon set Prince back onto the floor. Tiffany allowed her to take her hand and lead her into her bedroom. Officially, they had a room each. Unofficially...

 

Taeyeon closed the door and locked it. The sound of the lock sliding into place sent tingles down Tiffany's spine. Taeyeon only locked her door for one reason. One simple reason that needed no introduction.

 

The Way cont'd (TaeNy rated)

pass for rated part available here