Chapter 10

Myungsoo The Fake Psychiatrist

  Mum, Dad, how long are we leaving to America?" Soo Min dejectedly asked.

 
"Three years dear, then we will come back to Korea. Is anything wrong?" 
 
"Ah... no. I will miss Korea alot that's all." Soo Min lied, her mind wandering off to Myungsoo. 
She hasn't met Sungyeol yet, wondering if Sungyeol looked like Myungsoo. She wondered if three years down the road, Myungsoo will remember her when she rush back to the same institution to find him.
 
She sighed.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Hello Soo Min." Myungsoo's eyes like the crescent moons, crinkling into a soft smile. Soo Min managed a feeble smile, at loss about how to break the news to Myungsoo. 
 
"Soo Min I hope you don't misunderstand this statement, but would you like to go out with me tomorrow?" Myungsoo stammered. "I would like to thank you for your cooperation the previous session with your parents."
 
Way to hit on a girl Myungsoo.
 
"Ehh???" Soo Min choked, feeling a lump forming in . How is she going to break the news to Myungsoo?
 
"I can't. But I want you to meet me somewhere tomorrow." Her eyes downcast.
 
"Soo Min what's wrong? It's fine if you don't feel comfortable on the streets yet. I can always treat you tea here." Myungsoo gently gestured around the room.
 
"Airport. Terminal B. 6pm tomorrow please." Soo Min's tears dripped down from her orbs as she curtly replied.
 
"I'm leaving for America. Three years."
 
Myungsoo said nothing and silence rang in the room. He nodded slowly and engulfed Soo Min in a hug. He her hair gently, urging to kiss the top of her head but resisted.
 
"Can you not go? I really want to bring you somewhere tomorrow." Myungsoo's voice cracked and Soo Min knew he was upset. All of a sudden, guilt drenched her like a waterfall. How Myungsoo had carefully nursed her back to sanity, bought little things for her, brave through floods and snowstorms just to visit her,
 
and this was how she repaid him. 
 
"Myungsoo I'm sorry but I promise you I will remember you three years down the road. Promise, with the little pinky." She hooked her pinky with Myungsoo's and stamped the promise with their thumbs.
 
"promised."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"MYUNGSOO AHH. JINJA. You are a man stop your woman from leaving!" Sungjong blabbered on, he was the romance expert. "Maybe she is testing your affection for her."
 
"1. She thinks I'm gay and I'm her friend nothing more.
2. If she finds out I'm straight she will never forgive me for doing things like massaging her shoulders.
3. It's not a scam, her parents talked to me about it."
 
"At least confess to her." Sungyeol urged.
 
"No, I prefer this." Myungsoo sunk himself into the sofa. "Maybe three years down the road, I will confess alright?" 
 
"She might not even remember you and who knows when you two will meet again." Sungjong butted in while Sungyeol nodded in agreement, what are the odds of them meeting again? Wouldn't they feel awkward or will their friendship (and one sided relationship) be unstable?
 
"Fate will let us."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The airport was a place of mixed emotions, some families jubilantly skipping off for a holiday trip while some friends are bidding farewell to one another as they step into the departure hall.
 
"Myungsoo, I will definitely miss you and you, the best impersonator I ever met," Soo Min lowered her volume, glancing at her parents far away at the check in counter, "best friend I ever had who is so patient towards me and my random squeals, please don't forget me. I will come back in three years I promise."
 
Myungsoo smiled a feeble smile and presented her a panda coin bank.
 
"Myungsoo it's adorable," Soo Min grinned and tucked it carefully into her bag, " I have something for you too." Soo Min fished out an envelope.
 
"Read it later."
 
Myungsoo nodded and hugged Soo Min for one last time. Letting the ignorant love of his life slip away, who remained unaware of his feelings and the truth. But three years down the road, I will confess to you, Soo Min.
 
Soo Min waved goodbye and her shadow disappeared in the terminal, leaving Myungsoo sobbing and hands clutching onto the envelope tightly.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Dear Myungsoo,
 
Pardon for my horrible handwriting hehe I wrote this in quite a rush. I'm leaving tomorrow for America. I really want to thank you for the memories you have given me throughout this four months, how much I adored your visit.
 
I remember the first time you visit me, you fell onto the floor in fear. Haha you little coward! :P But I'm really glad you stuck through my fierce behavior and even bought little things for me.
 
Though you are a fake psychiatrist, I believe you are the best one I ever encountered, among all the ones I have been attached to.
 
Myungsoo can we promise each other? That we will remain friends no matter how long we will not be seeing each other face to face. 
 
Maybe I will meet you after you have graduated and become a rich fellow haha and even build business joints and establishment with my father! (oops but he will find out your identity)
 
Last but not least, I wish you and Sungjong a happy relationship! Last long and I hope to see him with you when we meet again :P
 
Soo Min
 
 
 
Myungsoo sobbed and hugged himself to the pillow. Damn you stupid Soo Min, I am in love with you and not Sungjong, when will you ever know that? Argh screw this, I am supposed to confess to you today at Doverie Cafe.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Soo Min sat at her seat, placing the panda coin bank on her lap. Its cheerful smirk and large brown eyes, how it resemble Myungsoo so much suddenly.
 
~~~~
A/n: Hello new subscribers new and old! Thank you for all your support ^____^ EEKS AND INFINITE CAME SINGAPORE YESTERDAY SIGH THEY ARE REALLY BEAUTIFUL BEING