Another Bad Day at School

When Two Worlds Collide

It's Tuesday morning. We had just got into Calculus when our teacher, Mr. Lee, greeted us. We all got up and bowed at him and sat back on our seats. Mr. Lee Seung-hyun was fairly young-looking man at 42 years old. He wore a black buttoned down shirt with a white tie, black slacks, and black shoes. His hair was black and spiky like a porcupine. It's still surprising to me that he was involved in the incident my parents told me about that happened 20 years ago.

"Alright class, I have the results from your last test." Mr. Lee said.

The class groaned as if they all had very bad stomachaches. He walked around and passed back the results as students began to whine and complain about how bad they did on the test. As he approached me, he smiled as he handed back my test.

"Congratulations, Eunmi. You got another A+."

"Kamsahamnida." I said as I smiled back at him.

"What a nerd!" One student said.

"Geek!"

"Braniac!"

The other students began to call me names again. I'm used to this since this usually happens to me every day but it can get on my nerves depending on my mood. I guess that's what happens when I have high intelligence like my parents. My best friends, Suzy and Seohyun, were concerned of this.

"Ugh, those kids are so annoying. They should be doing other things with their lives than making fun of you." Seohyun said.

"Agreed. Doesn't it bother you when they make fun of you for no reason, unni?" Suzy said.

"No, not really." I said.

"Well you better do something about it before it gets worse!"

"Seohyun's right, unni. It's best you notify a teacher about it."

"Guys, I'll be fine. You don't need to worry about me."

Just as I said that, the other students pelted me with their crumpled F's and laughed.

As class ended, Mr. Lee called me to stay after class. The other students stared at me with disgust as they left the class.

"I've been noticing that the other students have been bullying you every day. Does it bother you in any way?"

"No."

"Could you at least tell me the reason why they've been picking on you?"

"I don't know why but honestly, I don't care because it just shows that they have nothing better to do with their lives than to pick on someone like me."

"I'm glad you don't give in to bullying but it's best that we should do something about it. I'll plan a parent teacher conference with everyone's parents and the counselors and--"

"Mr. Lee, I understand you want to stop it but I'll be fine. You don't need to do all this for me."

"Ok, but if you need any help, I'm here for you."

"Thank you, Mr. Lee."

After school, Seohyun, Suzy and I talked about K-Pop and our favorite boy bands. Seohyun's favorite boy band is CNBlue and her favorite member is Yonghwa. Suzy's favorite band is 2PM and her favorite member is Taecyeon. My favorite band is BAP and my favorite member is Daehyun.

"I love Yonghwa! He's so handsome!" Seohyun said.

"Daehyun's so dreamy with his voice!" I said.

"Taecyeon's so hot! His abs are amazing! I wanna be all over it" Suzy said.

We all sighed in happiness. If only we could marry them in real life...

We all said goodbye to each other as we reached Seohyun and Suzy's houses. I walked alone to my own home. As I almost reached my house, two guys from school ambushed me with eggs and flour.

"That's for getting an A+ on Mr. Lee's test!" They yelled as they ran and laughed.

"That's it. It's time I find a way to stop this madness." I said as I began to cry.

I ran the rest of the way home while holding back my tears as it began to rain. How much worse could this day get?

As I walked through the door, soaking wet and covered in egg shells, egg yolks and flour, my parents noticed me. Mom was cooking dinner while Dad was on the couch reading a book about BIGBANG.

"Eunmi! Why are you soaking wet?" Mom asked as she turned around and saw me.

"What happened to you?" Dad asked as he looked up from his book.

"I don't wanna talk about it!"

"Eunmi, wait!" Mom and Dad went after me.

I ran upstairs to my room, locked the door, and buried my face in my pillow as I continued to cry.

Thanks for reading! Chapter 3 coming soon!

-Andre