No Help

When Two Worlds Collide

The next morning, I went straight to my class without saying hello to Seohyun and Suzy. As I opened the door, I saw Mr. Lee was standing there alone preparing today's lesson. He looked to the right and noticed me. As he saw me, I bowed to him.

"Oh, good morning Eunmi. What are you doing here so early?"

"I need to talk to you."

"Did the bullying get to you?"

"Yes..." I nodded as I began to cry.

"What happened?" He said as he went to hug me.

"When I came home from school yesterday, these two guys from here pelted me with eggs and flour."

"Do you remember who they were?"

"No."

Mr. Lee pulled me back a bit as he looked at me.

"Eunmi, you don't need to hide it. I can help you solve this. Now tell me, who did this to you?"

"Okay. It was Kim Taehyung and Jung Hoseok."

"Those two are always into trouble."

As he said that, some of the students began to come in. I wiped my eyes as I walked to my seat. The two guys who had pelted me yesterday gave me a threatening stare as if they wanted to kill me. After class, Mr. Lee took me to the counselor's office to talk with Mr. Park and Mr. Yoo, who are now in their mid-50's.

"Eunmi Park?" Mr. Yoo said.

"What happened?" Mr. Park said.

"Yesterday, these two guys pelted me with eggs and flour as I was walking home from school."

"This morning, she came to my class crying to me because she needed help."

"Who are the two boys who did this to you?" Mr. Park asked.

"Do you remember who they were?" Mr. Yoo asked.

"Ne, Kim Taehyung and Jung Hoseok."

"Why am I not surprised?" Mr. Park asked.

"Those two are always up to trouble. Why can't we kick them out already?" Mr. Yoo asked.

"We can't. That's Principal Yang's job to do that. Unfortunately, he's good friends with their parents," Mr. Park said.

"Can't you do anything to stop this from happening to anyone else? Eunmi's been going through a lot of problems lately," Mr. Lee said.

"Well there's nothing else we can do. Even if we try to, their parents are gonna complain to us." Mr. Yoo said.

"Sorry, Eunmi. You're on your own," Mr. Park said.

Tears began to roll down my face as I tightly held on to Mr. Lee.

"Some counselors you are. You helped us defeat EXO 20 years ago and now you'll refuse to help poor little Eunmi. Come on, Eunmi. Let's go," Mr. Lee said as we walked out of the office.

As we were walking through the hallway, we noticed Taehyung and Hoseok giving me the "I got my eyes on you" look.

"What am I gonna do, Mr. Lee?"

"If the counselors won't help us, I'll have to talk to them myself."

As he said that, I felt a little better. Mr. Lee's known for being a good speaker.

"You can do that?"

"Ne. I care about you, Eunmi. You're my smartest and nicest student. I can't stand what you go through every day with everyone else."

"Thank you, Mr. Lee." I hugged him with a smile on my face.

Thanks for reading! Chapter 4 coming soon!

-Andre