Chapter 6

It's True Love

 

Chapter 6

 

            [Onew’s POV]

 

            I walked into the haunted house, NOT holding hands with the person beside me. We walked into the haunted house, and when suddenly, somebody sprang on top of me. I’m sure whoever he/she was, he/she wasn’t a fan of mine cause IT had a knife in IT’S hand. Not trying to sound like a girl or anything, but if you were me, you’d probably scream on top of your lungs, right?

 

            Apparently, I did. At least the girl I like isn’t here beside me, if she was, then I’d be terribly ashamed of myself.

 

            [Nichkhun’s POV]

 

            I watched, as Onew and Chansung went into the haunted house. Me and my partner were suppose to wait for at least two minutes, then we can go inside, that’s apparently what I understood from the sayings of a skeleton dressed in a cloak.

           

            I was kind of nervous, kind of afraid to go in because I was, like, I had this feeling inside, that if I freaked out just a little bit, my image is going to go down, and she’d be thinking bad things about me. That would just NOT be right. I’m the Thai Prince, she’s the Queen Of China, she just ruled over me.

 

            “You may go in, now..” seriously. That dude in the cloak has to spend less time on haunted houses, and more on actual living life.

 

            We went in, I took a glance at the beautiful Victoria beside me, and I could sense that she was pretty excited. Normally, when partners or couples go in, they would hold hands, and the guy would protect the girl from the ghosts, but in this situation, I’m thinking she would’ve protect me.

 

            Slowly, we walked step by step and with every step, I was careful. Indeed, I was thankful that Victoria didn’t even see me sweating. The atmosphere was very dark, yet I could see some light coming from the exit door. Wanting to hurry up, I signaled her [which I’m certain she didn’t realise], and rushed up to the exit door. But that was the worst mistake I’ve ever made.

 

            Out of nowhere, a zombie sprang out in front of me and was trying to choke me to death, I suppose? Quickly, I grabbed Victoria’s hands and ran further away from the zombie. I took a breath, and started walking again.

 

            “Are you okay? If you’re not, then we should just rush out the door, that’s fine by me,” she said with a beautiful smile, even if I can’t see it because of the darkness that surrounded us. When I was just about to reply back, something closed and took her away from me. I was, like what is happening?

 

            “Victoria-ssi? Victoria-ssi? Where are you?” I seriously can’t see anything in the dark. I couldn’t feel her hand, or her presence beside me. Her voice and smile too. I was totally clueless in the deep darkness, and I know I couldn’t leave without her.

            I tried looking, yet I can’t see anything. I just kept walking on, calling out her name, Victoria-ssi, and nobody answered. When I was almost at the exit, nothing scrambled on, rushed to or sprang to me. That was kind of a surprise for a haunted house. It was then, that I thought of an idea. I quickly rushed to the near entrance of the door, took out my ever brilliant torchlight, and started searching for her.

 

            The torchlight was kind of helpful, but not anymore because of two reasons. Number one, I kept bumping into people. Number two, there was nothing there. I was totally frustrated. What’s the members going to say to me? I’m the next oldest after Taecyeon, and they still consider me as the eldest. So is Victoria. But then again, if she’s missing, shouldn’t she be able to take care of herself? I thought like that.

 

            Giving up, I went out of the haunted house  alone, without Victoria or being scared by fake ghosts and zombies and worms and mummys. The others, all 14 of them were outside, chattering and bickering happily as they waited for our return. The first person who noticed me, was none other than Onew.

 

            “Nichkhun-ssi, where’s Vic-noona?” he asked me.

 

            “Truthfully, I don’t know. She just disappeared all of a sudden,” I said, trying to act normal. Unfortunately for me, the others heard that too.

 

            “What do you mean she disappeared? Shouldn’t you be looking after her?” Krystal was the first one to voice out her thoughts. Looking at the ice princesses’ sister, she was quite suitable for that role herself.

 

            “Yeah, you’re supposed to protect her, remember?” Sulli, the virtual maknae continued.

 

            “Oppa, you must go back and find Victoria unnie, now! This is very worrying!” Luna’s turn to say her opinion has come.

 

            “You better find her, now! How could you come back without Victoria unnie?!” Amber’s kind of scary voice startled me. Boy, these f(x) kids are pretty scary. It was kind of weird that I managed to remember all of their names. I usually forgot.

 

            “Don’t startle him. He’s probably shocked too,” Taecyeon, finally came to my rescue.

 

            “Whatever. Come on, girls. Let’s look for Vic-omma,” Amber pulled the other f(x) members with her, giving a glare at me.

 

            “Wait! We’ll follow you too..” And the SHINee boys are following. Boy, aren’t they close?

 

            “So, Khun hyung! Where did you hide Victoria?” Wooyoung suddenly questioned me with a sneaky smile, rubbing his hands together. “Did you want to keep her all to yourself, and not share with anyone thus, hiding her in a secret place?”

 

            “No! I didn’t hide her, Wooyoung-ah! I was telling the truth!” I denied most strongly.

 

            “Then, what exactly happened?” Junsu asked. I told them what happened, the whole story, from when we came in, to when I came out alone. When I had finished, all of them nodded their heads in unison.

 

            “You are in BIGG trouble, Khun-ah!”

 

            I know, Taecyeon. I know.

 

*****

 

            [Onew’s POV]

 

            Since the time when Nichkhun announced she disappeared, I was totally devastated. That could not be true, can it? I can’t believe what he’s saying. The other f(x) girls heard him, and they were certainly worried as I was. I wondered for a second what actually happened, when Amber roughly gave him a killer glare, that most probably hurt his round eyes. I knew she was upset, and when Amber’s upset, never try to touch, play or kid with her, ever. She would just kill you for that.

 

            Seeing them go, I was about to suggest that we go too, luckily, I got to save my mouth from blurting that, which Jonghyun helped by saying that we, SHINee, volunteer to go and search for the missing Queen of China. Aw~ I love my SHINee members. I know they understood me.

 

            When we got into the dark room, how I wished I had brought along with me, a spotlight. Not just a little torchlight that could only spot on one place. Trying to find the ‘on’ switch, I waved the torchlight everywhere, well, at least Key stopped me, nagging that it was way too abnormal. Fortunately, he didn’t keep nagging because Taemin had already found the switch. The lights were on, but all we could see was some clueless mummies and zombies dressed up in blood. I sighed.

 

            “Let’s go on to the other room.” I followed.

 

            Victoria~ Victoria~ Lovely Victoria~ Where are you?

 

*****

 

            [Amber’s POV]

 

            I knew I couldn’t trust him. His face just looks angelic, yet the truth is he’s not. Luna was scolded me for doing that to Nichkhun but I just ignored her scolding. To me, he should’ve been more responsible with my Vic-umma. I didn’t even see him try his best to find her back. His expression was like he didn’t care. Well, I’d like to show him my fist if he wanted to think that way. Luckily for him, Luna was there too.

 

            We searched probably everywhere, yet there wasn’t even the slightest clue where Victoria unnie was. While the others were searching, I went up front, trying to find the guards who monitored the haunted house. Not surprisingly, I found Key outside too, with his nagging face.

 

            “Yah! Key hyung. What are you doing here?” I’m still not used to calling him Key oppa. But sometimes, I succeeded.

 

            “I was gonna look for Victoria noona. But it was too dark, and the other members told me I was nagging too much and I had to go away from them to help them search for Victoria noona better so here I was, complaining to myself without anyone caring in the world. Not even the guards, can you believ..” I stopped Key from continuing.

 

            “I’m here to inform the guards about this, so they would help us search for missing Victoria unnie,” I explained without allowing him to talk. I was about to walk towards the guard who was sitting peacefully, reading [no, sleeping] when I felt a tug on my hand.

 

            “Wait! Let me go with you. I’m bored standing and complaining here, all by myself.”

 

            “As long as you don’t nag, and stay quiet, please?”

 

            I talked to the guards about Victoria unnie being missing, and the guards led us both to the control room of the haunted house, showing each and every part of the house, clearly. I watched each and every screen that was there, trying to spot Victoria unnie when I saw something else.

 

            There was a guy, with really a whole lotta hair, but I couldn’t tell what his hair colour is. And there was unnie, kind of like unnie because she had her bangs this morning for a hairstyle. And on her shoulders were her long beautiful silky hair together with her t-shirt and jeans. And I was convinced, that was definitely her.

 

            “Key hyung!”

 

            “Wae?” he answered back annoyingly.

 

            “Look at this! Don’t you think that’s Vic-umma?”

 

            “I think so too.. but who’s THAT tall guy? Are they, dating or something?”

 

 

*****