Chapter 3

It's True Love

 

Chapter 3

 

            [Nichkhun’s POV]

 

            Ugh. The members are really teasing me non-stop. Especially Wooyoung and Junho. Why won’t they stop?! It’s only a coincidence. And my undying love for samgyupsal. I kept denying the fact that we dated, but still, they kept teasing me again and again. Seriously, they need to chill.

 

            “Nichkhun hyung! Did you call your girlfriend yet?” Wooyoung teased when we were taking a break from our filming CF.

 

            “Aish, this kid. I don’t have a girlfriend!”

 

            “Then who’s VICTORIA?” he smiled cheekily as I was unable to respond.

 

            “Woooyoung, stop it!” Junho suddenly interrupts our conversation.

 

            “Thanks, Junho. Wooyoung won’t sto..”

 

            “We have to leave him alone, if not, he wouldn’t be able to call Victoria!” great. Another one who’s joined forces with Wooyoung.

 

            “Come on, guys. It isn’t like we are a couple or something. It was just coincidence, that we met on the stage.” I explained clearly to them.

 

            “But you have got to admit, Nichkhun hyung. You really like standing besides Victoria, don’t you? The pictures told me so.”

 

            “What? You actually talk to the pictures? I didn’t know you had powers, Junho.”

 

            “But really. You and Victoria look good together. As if like you were a couple. I guess that’s why they misunderstood? And seriously, hyung. Couldn’t you come out with a better disguise? That lame stubble and also wearing Taecyeon hyung’s glasses made your image look really bad,” Junsu commented. That, I could not deny.

 

            “It’s too bad I wasn’t there yesterday. If I were, you guys would have date, you know that? Instead of just standing on the stage..”

 

            “So, when are you guys going to meet again?” Wooyoung asked while flashing an extremely cheeky smile.

 

            “Wooyoung!!” Yeah, I chased him.

 

*****

 

            [Victoria’s POV]

 

            The boys aren’t here yet and Luna already started her panicking. I tried my best to calm her down, but I failed. She is definitely one of the people who really panic first if something is wrong. The boys are only late a few minutes and Luna has already jumped to conclusions.

           

            “Unnie.. What if they are involved in an accident on their way here?”

 

            “Oh no, that would be terrible! No.. Their driver is certainly a great driver so that would not have happen.. Or perhaps they didn’t want to come and just thought that we are only kidding? That could not have happen.. Or..”

 

            “Luna! Calm down!” all four of us said together. “Chill, Luna. They’re only late a few minutes. It’s only been five minutes. A traffic jam must have happen. Don’t worry too much,” Krystal advised. Luna took a deep breath, and tried to calm down. Sulli did her a favor by cooling her off with a piece of paper. Fortunately, not long after that, the SHINee boys finally arrived in their white SUV. Jonghyun was the only one to get out of the van while the others just stayed inside.

 

            “Sorry, girls. We’re kind of fashionably late. Don’t blame us, though. Blame Onew hyung. He’s the one who loves to drive slow and steady. Come on in, quick!” he said. I giggled inside. I always knew how Onew was scared of bumping into other cars that he only drove for about 40 mph. He’s like that.

 

            “So, Victoria-noona would sit in front with Onew hyung, Minho, Krystal, Amber and Key will sit at the back and I, Luna, Taemin and Sulli shall ride in the second seats.” Jonghyun said as he arranged the seats.

 

            The others just followed what Jonghyun arranged, they were happy to be with each other closests’. I think my ride over there with Onew is gonna be what people would mostly call.. Awkward.

 

*****

 

            [Onew’s POV]

 

            I was perfectly normal when we stepped out of the dorm. But when I stepped IN the van, with them asking me to drive, that’s when I became nervous. I’m kind of afraid if they’re gonna set me up for something sneaky. And I was right.

 

            But then, I wondered. Why did I even would feel awkward when I’m going to be riding the car with her? I mean, we’re just best friends, aren’t we? Well, at least that what she thinks , and I’m going to let her think like that.. Until I was ready, at least. Yet, something tells me that she likes me too.. I try my best to deny it, as I’m sure.. she would’ve thought me as a dongsaeng because I’m two years younger.. Well.. two years doesn’t actually make a big . Sometimes, I wish I was a bit older than her, so she wouldn’t think of us as siblings. How I wish that would happen.. But if that happened, I wouldn’t have a chance to debut in SHINee but instead maybe in Super Junior group? They are somewhat older than us.

 

            I tried my best to drive the car slow and steady, so our moments of meeting them would be lesser and thus, less awkwardness between me and her. The plan kind of failed because the members kept yelling at me to speed up. You know how I can’t stand that kind of stuff? So I speeded up. And eventually, I only got to stall up 8 minutes.

            “Noona, you go ride with Onew hyung, okay?” My eyes widened when I heard the words that came out from Jonghyun’s big mouth. I gulped. I’m practically nervous even if I’ve met her dozens of times. Yet each time, I’m nervous.

 

            I peeked out of the window. Slowly, all the f(x) members get into the car without any problems. Well, all of f(x) except for Victoria. I’m thinking she wants to make sure her ‘kids’ got onto the car safely. I quickly fixed my hair, took a breath a few times and told myself to relax, and don’t panic. After I heard the noisy voices of the youngsters, I saw the passenger’s door opening. And there she was, pretty as ever. She is pretty every time I  meet her.

 

            “Hi, noona..” I said, lowering my voice down.

 

            “Hi, Onew..” she replied with a gorgeus, lovely smile, then buckled her seatbelt. She turned to the back, looking out for the f(x) members. I used the opportunity wisely. [keke. Hope you understand what I mean]

 

            So here’s what is practically happening right now. Amber and Key is playing rock, paper, scissors to decide who gets the window seat, Jonghyun and Luna are arguing about who’s idol is better, Taemin and Sulli looked as if they were gossiping about others, giggling and such and Minho and Krystal looks like the only one who is normal over there. And I was staring at Victoria noona, and she’s staring at them. NOT forgetting, I said,

 

            “Okay, let’s go! The car’s going to move now!” and slowly stepped on the clutch, making the car move. I drove slowly and steadily, making sure that the passenger beside me is fine and not ruining her makeup. Well, she doesn’t actually wear makeup when going out with us or the f(x) members. The only person I see with most makeup is either Sulli or Luna.To me, they’re the ones who took care most of their appearance.  

 

            The car was filled with noisiness from the back yet silence from the driver and passenger’s seat. Victoria just looked straight ahead, and I try my best to not stare and focus at my driving. I wouldn’t want any of us to get an accident, right? But looking at the situation now, it is certainly awkward. I should say something. Now.

 

            “So, noona.. What you’ve been into lately?” I asked, with my voice lowered down.

 

            “What?” probably my voice was too slow for her to even hear despite the noisy sounds the kids were making.

 

            “What have you been into lately?” I repeated, only this time louder. Victoria nodded, and replied,

 

            “Nothing.. It’s kind of our time to take a break for a while, but after this, we are going to do our comeback and the schedule’s gonna be really busy. I try to make the time we have by spending it valuably but without any work, I felt bored and uneasy. Like I have to do something. However, our manager oppa told us that we are going to star in some variety shows that the company had set us up for and we just have to be ready.”

 

            “So I guess you guys are going to have free time after this?” she nodded. My mouth circled and let out a voice saying ‘oh’then the atmosphere turned back to awkward. Usually, I’d have so much to talk with her but this time, nothing seemed to pop out from my intelligent head.

 

*****

 

            [Victoria’s POV]

 

            “Did you go somewhere yesterday, noona? I called you but you didn’t answer.” He asked me. The question that I’ve been trying so hard to avoid has finally come.

 

            “I.. Left my cellphone on the table while we were eating samgyupsal yesterday..” I said, trying to let my voice sound normal. Unfortunately, the f(x) kids heard what I was saying, and started to fuss up.

 

            “Oh yeah! Onew oppa! Did you know about our outing yesterday? It was like the best time I’ve ever had! And especially because unnie got to meet her dream partner..” Krystal, who was quiet, has now successfully changed into her talk-a-lot aka talkative mode. I’m gonna be in trouble..

 

            “Yeah! I got a picture of it! You wanna see it?” Amber joined in.

 

            “They look soo good together! What do you think, Onew oppa? Don’t they? Ah.. I just wish they would exchange numbers..” dreamed Sulli.

 

            “Unnie! Don’t you think it would be an absolute coincidence if you and Nichkhun oppa met today? Ah~ that would be lovely!” hard to believe, Luna stopped her quarrels with Jonghyun and started to join into teasing me. From here, I could already see Onew’s eyes widened and gets bigger by the second they release their naughty words. What surprises me is that the SHINee boys kept quiet, not even bothering to join in the teasing.

 

            “Luna unnie! You know that We Got Married show? That Seohyun unnie appeared in? What do you think would have happen if Vic-omma was there with Nichkhun oppa? They would be the sweetest foreign couple ever!” said cheerful Krystal, no longer icy Krystal.

 

            “Yeah! I totally agree.. Nichkhun oppa is called Angel Khun, right?” she responded.

 

            “Right.. And Angel Nichkhun oppa and Caring Vic-omma would be the perfect couple ever!” Amber continued Luna’s words.

 

            And all I could do is stay still, and act normal.

 

            “Girls, girls, chill.. I don’t think Onew hyung’s gonna look at those what-you-call-them sweet photos now. He is driving you know?” Key said.

 

            “Yeah, and if Onew hyung doesn’t focus on his driving, we might get into a huge accident, don’t you know?” Jonghyun backed up Key. I felt relieved. From that second there, I thought there was going to be no more teasing yet again, I was wrong..

 

            “Then how about Jonghyun oppa go and drive, and let us show Onew oppa the picture? He’s the only one who didn’t see it yet..” Sulli gave an idea.

 

            “But there’s one problem in your perfect plan, Sulli.” Taemin said.

 

            “And what is that?”

 

            “Jonghyun oppa can’t drive. The only one who can drive among us SHINee members, is only Onew hyung.”

 

*****

 

            I checked the time on my watch. It’s going to end anytime now. And.. there you go!

 

            “Thank you, 2PM, for coming here, doing and interview with us. Now you may go off and spend some of your own valuable time.”

 

            As soon as we are off the screen, apparently I was the first one to jump out of the seat and ran off to get some water. The other members were just sitting over there, chattering amongst themselves. I opened my blackberry, and updated my twitter, that’s what I usually do after filming or concert or bored.

 

            “Hyung~” Wooyoung suddenly jumped over me. That was certainly a surprise. He laughed cheekily.

 

            “What are you doing?” Chansung and Junho came over now, accompanying Wooyoung.

 

            “Keke.. Watching Khun hyung texting his new girlfriend..”

 

            “No, I’m not! I don’t even have her number, Wooyoung-ah!”

 

            “If you want, I could just ask Sulli, and she would be pleasured to give Victoria’s number to you. I’ll text her just right now..”

 

            “DON’T!”

 

            “Just kidding, hyung.. Obviously you fell for that!” Wooyoung laughed. Enjoying much?

 

            “So, do we have any other schedules after this?” I asked Taecyeon. He’s the one who always remembers 2PM schedules. Ask him anything about it, he’ll answer straight away.

 

            “I don’t think so. My organizer says that after this CF filming, we are free.”

 

            “Then, how about we go to Lotte World? It’s about time we went there. Besides, today is my last all-rides-free day! I don’t want to waste this opportunity.. What do you think, hyungs?” Chansung said, holding his six Lotte World pass card up high.

 

            “Would the manager agree? And do we have disguises this time? Cool disguises?”

 

            “Yeah, we do. But I don’t think the manager’s gonna let us go just like that. He would say, ‘You guys can just stay here, and don’t go anywhere.. and blah blah..’,”

 

            “SO, let’s just run away then? We’ll just send a short text to the manager, saying we’re going somewhere, and would be returning at about 7 o’clock night?”

 

            “Don’t you think that’s too long?”

 

            “It’s Lotte World, Khun hyung! Even one day isn’t enough! Don’t tell me you haven’t been there?”

 

            “No, I haven’t sorry.”

 

            “Then, this is the perfect time to show our Khun hyung what Lotte World really is!” expressed Wooyoung, quietly. He is the most obnoxious, cheerful and hyper guy in 2PM. Well, to me, at least.

 

*****