Chapter 5

It's True Love

 

Chapter 5

 

            [Minho’s POV]

 

            It had only been a few minutes since we waited in the line for the roller coaster, and we were up next. The atmosphere was absolutely awkward, Victoria-noona doesn’t seem as excited and talkative as before. Nichkhun, who was out of place, remained silent while Onew hyung’s been blushing in front of everyone, probably embarrassed. It was only moments before our turn came, and suddenly someone got through the extremely long line. Not actually someone, but everyone. Key and Amber came running, without even caring for their idol image. It was like they were having a race with each other. Wooyoung came, coolly walking with flowing charisma, not to mention making eye contacts with some of the fangirls. Chansung and Junho came just behind Wooyoung, followed by Taemin and Sulli. As expected, Sulli’s eye smiling towards Vic-noona and ran towards her, and hugging her. Taemin just went by everyone with his famous cute smile, and stayed with me and Onew hyung. Krystal followed behind Sulli, saying hi to everyone, meaning me, Onew hyung and Vic-noona.

 

            “Hah! I beat you, Key oppa!” Amber laughed. Key replied back by messing with Amber’s hair. “You won’t , after this!”

 

            “Yeah! We finally found you!” Sulli exclaimed excitedly.

 

            “What do you mean, found?” I asked her back.

 

            “We were kind of lost, actually, luckily, we found a group of students, who were talking about some famous celebrities, and we got here,” Wooyoung explained.

 

            “And.. how about you guys?”

 

            “We were just strolling down the stream, without anything to do, since Amber had rode on all of her rides, and I had eaten all the ice cream in the world and Chansung and Junho wanted to see Nichkhun hyung, so.. we ended up here, together!” Key explained thoroughly. The only people were missing was the fourth group, consisting of Jonghyun, Luna, Taecyeon and Junsu. Probably they were having the time of their lives.

 

            “Okay! Who’s up next?” the guard who was guarding the roller coaster gate suddenly interrupted. None of them behind us dared to go on the roller coaster for they just stood there, like a stone. “Us!” Krystal showed the guard her free pass, later followed by all 11 of us. Because of the seating, we had to sit 3 by 3.

 

            Front line – Some other people

            Second line – Wooyoung, Sulli , Taemin

            Third line – Key, Amber , Chansung

            Fourth line – Me, Krystal , Junho

            Fifth line – Some other people

            Sixth line – Some other people

            Last line – Onew , Victoria , Nichkhun

 

            And that was it. I could feel Onew hyung’s hands were extremely cold, as if he had a fever but his forehead seemed fine. I can’t take care of him now, that I’m placed on a further line between him. Nobody could. He could only take care of himself.

 

*****

 

            [Nichkhun’s POV]

 

            I went inside the roller coaster calmly, not showing any emotions at all. Since I was the first to sit, a lady in front of me asked politely if she could have my picture taken. I said yes, and she asked for an autograph. Trying to be polite, I autographed for her.. Yeah, that’s not the point. Victoria climbed in next, and sat beside me. I smiled at her, she smiled back. Looking at the still really long line, I decided I should have a conversation with her.

 

            “So..”

 

            “So.. ?” she answered back.

 

            “Do.. you remember me?” Aish. What a stupid question to ask. Calm your head down, Nichkhun!

 

            “Of course I do.. Why do you ask?” her cute little mouth pouts at me.

 

            “Nothing.. So.. you like roller coasters?” I asked.

 

            “Yeah, I like extremely dangerous things. Or weird things? It just livens up the moment, making me feel like I actually have a wonderful life..” she turned out to be talkative..

 

            “Me too..” I kind of lied. But it was still kind of a little bit true.

 

            “I’m sorry for the other day, I’m not sure if you recalled it?” those words suddenly blurted out of my mouth.

 

            “Oh.. That.. Nah, it’s okay.. I was just kind of glad that our president didn’t make up a big issue about it,” she said calmly, later facing her head to the front. The others were still having trouble getting through the line but I already saw Wooyoung and Sulli got on the roller coaster. Seeing nobody else went up yet to take the seat beside her, I continued our conversation.

 

            “Have you been into anything, lately?” I had to ask her that since we were on a stuck conversation. I’d like to know her better.

 

            “Well.. We had just been through our comeback, still doing it though.. Recently, we’ve been invited to some variety shows.. But mostly Starking.”

 

            “Oh, really? I’ve been invited too.. But I didn’t see you or the other f(x) members there..”

 

            “Maybe it’s because you and I have different schedules, Nichkhun-ssi,” I nodded to her answer.

 

            People started coming in front of us and I suspect that somebody is going to come and sit down on that empty seat sooner or later. And I know that that person is SHINee’s leader, Onew. He seemed dorky in one way. But he still managed to keep it as a feature of himself, that’s why his fans kept increasing day by day. I’ve seen the clip where Jonghyun dubbed him as whatever dork-ish thing he does, or fell, or slipped or any mistakes.. They would call it Onew sangtae/ Onew’s condition. He’s pretty funny, I guess? But still, I can’t lose to him. Sheesh. What am I talking about, seriously?

 

            Onew climbed up towards the empty seat. It was all good until he tripped over the tracks of the roller coaster and fell down, then knocked his head on the silver pole. He rubbed his head, making a sorrowful expression. Victoria, who saw this too, giggled but still stood up and got out of the roller coaster to help him.

 

*****

 

            [Onew’s POV]

 

            Owww.. My head hurts bad. Well, not that bad. Luckily she was there to take the pain away, keke..

 

            “Are you okay, Onew?” Victoria came near me, trying her best to hide her giggles, which I obviously saw, held out her hand for me to reach.

 

            “I’m fine, I think.. Noona..” I took the soft hand and stood up, yet still feeling a lil bit dizzy. Ah.. Today I could touch her hand thanks to my sangtaeness..

 

            “Are you sure? You don’t look fine.. I’m not sure you should be riding on the coaster, now..” her motherly feel is starting to come out.

 

            “I could stand it, don’t worry. Besides, you could always give me a rub on the head, right , noona?” I gave her a wide smile. She just laughed and accompanied me to the roller coaster, letting me sit down first before her. I seriously felt like I was a girl who was going to ride on a roller coaster with her boyfriend. Made me feel less manly. Especially after I threw up and.. well.. let’s not talk about that just yet.

 

            “Woah.. It’s starting! Don’t worry, noona! I’ll protect you!” but she just giggled after my words.

 

            “I think it’s me who would be protecting you.”

 

            The roller coaster set off, to a smooth sailing start. It was where it was really high, that I started to feel dizzy again. I was going to ask Victoria for a quick massage but I was a bit worried to let go of my hands that were clutching onto the handlebar. I might fall and risk my life and.. ah, whatever..

 

            “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!” together with me, we all screamed and I’m proud to admit that I screamed like a true MAN! Keke..

 

            We went up, down, left, right, above and under and all types of prepositions that you would come in mind. Whenever it turned, I tried my best not to push Victoria to the side cause you know, this might resulting into her bumping into Nichkhun-ssi. I WILL NOT like that. The ride finally came to an end, relieving most hearts of the people who rode it. Well, actually only me.

 

            “That was fun, wasn’t it?” Victoria said, as she looked to both ways, me and Nichkhun. Then, a guy came and handed her a photo.

 

            “Ah.. Kamsahamnida!” she said. I peeked at the photo for a bit but I could see nothing. The guard told us to quickly leave the roller coaster, as he had many other customers waiting in line. We three waited at the exit area, and found the rest of them there.

 

            “Haha.. Minho oppa! You look terribly funny that I can’t stop laughing!” Krystal’s voice suddenly sprang into my ears.

 

            “Yah.. Stop laughing.. It’s not THAT funny, okay?” Minho replied, giving Krystal the icy, cold look she used to give other people.

 

            “But you have to admit it, it is funny. Don’t you think so, Junho oppa?” Krystal showed the picture.

 

            “Yeah, I think it’s funny too.”

 

            “Omo! You’re so cute in your surprised face!” Sulli exclaimed. Now everybody was gathering their funny photos, I’m afraid ours will be next..

 

            “Haha! Key, I totally won! I look way better than what you look like!” Amber laughed, hard.

 

            “What? That wasn’t fair. Besides, I purposely made that look so I would lose, okay?” Key pouted, refusing the fact that he lost to Amber. I don’t know what they lost. They’re always competing with each other at such weird stuff.

 

            “By the way, Chansung looks good here.”

 

            “Unnie!” all three girls came towards Victoria. “We want to see your photo!” And with that, she gladly gave the embarrassing (?) photo to the three most talkative people alive.

 

*****

 

            [Victoria’s POV]

           

            I handed the photo to Sulli, Krystal and Amber to which they all laughed immediately. Why wouldn’t they? To me, the photo was pretty funny too. I would’ve laughed if I didn’t feel sorry for Onew and Nichkhun. :D

            “Whew! Unnie! Yours are the funniest!” Sulli exclaimed again.

 

            “You look okay, it seems like you were having fun, but Onew and Nichkhun oppa..” Krystal didn’t get to finish her sentence because she was laughing terribly loud.

 

            “I wonder what would Luna unnie say to this picture..”

 

            “Okay, that’s enough laughing for now.. Keep the pictures, we’ll paste them onto our board at the dorm, THEN we can laugh out loud,” Amber suggested.

 

            “Agreed!”

 

******

 

            We met up with the fourth team at the cotton candy parlor. We all got one, [I got the blue one! Yummy!] and started walking together, four by four. It was like we were a marching parade. Our destination now, is lunch. But I think we are lost.

 

            “So.. Where is exactly the restaurant for lunch?” Luna suddenly questioned.

 

            “It’s suppose to be.. around here?” as expected, Jonghyun’s the one who always answers.

 

            “Well, we are lost, that’s for sure..”

 

            “What? We are 16 people. How can 16 people be lost?”

 

            “Have you watch the drama, Lost yet?”

 

            “I don’t think so.”

 

            “You need to. Cause 16 people can be lost at one time.”

 

            “Stop it, we’ll just eat at another restaurant. There’s got to be somewhere near, right?”

 

            “Well, the only place we can go is here,” he pointed to a point. “But to go there, we have to go through the haunted house first,” he explained.

 

            “I’m fine with haunted houses.” I said.

 

            “Then, let’s go!”

 

*****

 

            The person who was controlling the line told us that we had to come in in pairs. Well, that’s kind of impossible since there are 2PM members over here. They can’t just go inside paring with a guy? Or at least I thought it would be like that..

 

            “So, let’s do this. We play rock paper scissors, and who won over whom gets to pick their partner. Deal?” again, the one with the bright ideas, Amber suggested.

 

“Why is it that everytime the solution must be playing Rock, Paper Scissors? You know that game depends on your luck,” Key kind of rejected it yet everyone else seemed to agree, so we did it.

 

            The first round was from Wooyoung VS Taemin. Apparently, Wooyoung lost to Taemin with scissors. Of course, Taemin picked Sulli. The second round of guys were Taecyeon VS Jonghyun. When Jonghyun won, he kind of hesitated wether to pick Luna or not. SO he decided to wait until the last selections were made, and he would just steal anybody’s partner. Cruel Jjong. Third round continues, with Minho winning over Junho, taking Krystal with him. Fourth round, with Key battling Chansung for Amber.

 

            “Hah! I’m gonna win, Chansung. You’ve always lost to Rock Paper Scissors!” Key said excitedly.

 

            “Oh, not this time!” Chansung fired back. However, he still lost to Key. Satisfied with himself, Key placed his hand on Chansung’s shoulder and said, “Better luck next time!”

 

            The last round, would be Nichkhun and Onew. Onew really seemed like he didn’t want to go into the haunted house alone. I know he’s not. To give Onew some encouragements, all four of the SHINee members cheered him on.

 

            “Come on, Onew hyung! Us four already won! You’ll be the last to win, and we have got ourselves five complete wins!”

 

            “Yeah.. But..”

 

            “You can do it, Onew hyung. Even if you at Rock Paper Scissors,” Key blurted out. I don’t know if that can count as an encouragement.

 

            “Ready? One, two , three!” Jonghyun, suddenly acted as a referee, shouted. One thing you should know, I’m extremely nervous of who’s going with me.

 

            “Wait!! I’ve already made my decision.. Taec hyung, you’re gonna be my partner,” Jonghyun smiled, sheepishly. Which automatically makes Luna with Junsu.

 

            “Okay.. Okay.. Resume, please!”

 

            My heartbeat wasn’t normal as usual. It went totally crazy. I closed my eyes, as if the result of who win’s gonna ruin my life.     

 

*****