Chapter Eight (Edited)

Loving Youuu~! (Editing in progress)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mina inch her body higher before opening the cabinet that was on top of her head. Carefully, she grab the handle before pulling the door’s open, revealing all sorts of bottles of coffees and cordial juices mixtures.

She grab the mango flavor mixture before pouring slightly in the clear glass on top of the counter and proceed to grab the cold water inside the fridge to fill it inside the glass, mixing those two liquid together.

Mina sigh, turning her eyes to the clear glass that are already filled with yellowish colored water.

She shut her eyes tightly before shaking her head a couple of time. She slightly slap her own cheek.

“No Mina. Don’t get too ahead of yourself” she murmurs.  Even though she was the one who said that, she can’t betray her own mind as it keep on repeating the same words that Kai just said to her.

‘I missed you…’

Mina quickly snapped from her thought. She bit her lips hard, shoving away the thoughts inside her mind.

Why? Why does this happen to her? When she thought she finally manage to sort her own feelings, he came. He came, saying that he misses her? What does that even mean? Is he playing with her?

More importantly, does he know what wrong he did towards her? How can he easily came here and pretending that nothing ever happened?

She curses at her own feeling that betrayed herself. She gotta admit, even though her tongue said otherwise, her action always shows the proves that she is indeed still in love with her own bestfriend, Kai.

Proofs? She scoffs.

She instantly glances over the mango juice that are neatly placed on the small tray.

Kai always love mango juice. Mango was and still is his favorite fruits and he always end up ordering this flavor whenever they go out to have their squash at their favorite spot.

Without she realizing, her body automatically make him his favorite drink.

Mina sighs for the umpteenth times.

‘So much for to-do list in order to forget about Kai’ she rolled her eyes, blaming herself.

She glances toward the living room before taking a big shot of air. Carefully, she lifts the tray and walks toward the living area.

Mina put on her poker face, entering the silence hall. She was about to open when she couldn’t spot Kai figure anywhere. She shoots her eyes around the house and there is still no sign of him.

Suddenly, she felt anxious taking over her body.

“Kai,”she calls, still no answers.

‘He left?’

Mina put down the square tray on the coffee table. She walks over to the front door and opens the door wide.

“His shoes is still here” she said, taking a second look toward his Nike sport shoe.

She closes the door. Her mind trying to process hard to solve the mystery inside her head.

Her eyes rounded at her sudden thought.

“No way….” Her voice trailed slow. She glance over at the stair that leading up to the second floor of her house.

Doubtfully, she started to take her first step on the stairs, climbing her body to the second floor. She walks over toward her bedroom before pushing the door that was slightly ajar.

“Kai! What are you doing here?!”her voice pierce loud, taking over Kai body by surprise.

His body jolted. Kai looks over at Mina with his round shocked eyes. Mina glares over at him with a small frown on her forehead.

Kai relax his body before continue looking over at the softboard at Mina’s study table. Mina walks over toward him after the tall guy couldn’t care less to answer her question.

She looks over at Kai and saw the guy was gazing intently at something. Curiosity forces her to turn over her head, looking over at the same direction that Kai was looking.

Her eye open wide. She could feel her heartbeat started to accelerate faster. Looking over at the object that was sticking to the softboard, she can feel her cheeks burning up again.

She looks over at Kai that was still gazing at the softboard.

The picture! She should have remembered to take down the picture. It was the picture that was taken last year. The picture showing how close her relationship with Kai. Kai comfortably grabbing her shoulder while Mina pouting slightly toward the camera direction. Their head was touching each other. The picture clearly shows how close they are, looking at how Mina place her left hand on his waist while the others on his lap.

But that’s not it. That is not why the reason she felt like hiding right now.

It was the words that sloppily written on top of the picture using a gold sharpie marker.

It was written Mina and Kai, with a huge heart surrounding their names. Adding ‘4EVA’ beside their names. There is also a lipstick mark beside their names, making it obvious to whoever saw the picture.

Mina was busted. She feels like digging a hole and hide her face inside it.

Abruptly, she snatch the picture out of the board. She didn’t even care to pull out the small pin that gluing the picture to the board.

Silence came along after the sound of the pin bouncing over her wooden desk.

Mina hides the picture behind her small body. Head hung low, hiding her flushed face.

Kai who was little taken aback by her sudden action, slowly become relaxed. Somehow, he feels his face started to burning up too.

The moment he saw the words that are written on the picture, he gladly let out a sigh of relief. It’s a point that strengthen his testimony.

“Mina,” his called, softly.

Mina lowered her face again. She feel like crying.

Why? All of people, why him that saw the picture? Mina bits her lips hard to the extent she feel the soaring sensation coming from her bottom lips.

Mina quickly took a step back when she saw Kai feet turning to her direction. When Kai walks over toward her, she took a step back.

“Don’t!”

Mina stopped her steps.

“Don’t avoid me like that. I feel hurt whenever you do that,”

Mina slowly pulling her head up. She looks over at Kai face.

All she can see, the hurt expression displaying over his face.

Thump! Her heart beats faster. What’s wrong with me? He only pretending!

Mina look over at her feet, freezing in her spot.

She was contemplating on what to do when she feel her hair was being touched. She looks up and saw Kai grinning over at her.

“That’s better,”he said. Mina frown in confusion. Her hand slowly reaches on top of her head, feeling the sudden weigh on her head.

“Don’t take it off,” Kai said, gripping over her wrist when he saw Mina slightly pulling the object on her head. Mina looks over at him in confusion.

“It’s the hair pin that I gave you,”he said, smiling.

Mina glances over at her dressing table. The pin that Kai gave her was gone. She usually puts it  on top of the pink box, but it was not there. Mina trail her fingers over the hair pin texture. Yup. It was Kai present to her.

Mina put down her hand, letting the pin to rest on top of her head.

Silence once again fills in the atmosphere.

Kai breathe in.

‘En

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter