Feelings

Best Friends?

Jiyong jumped as he heard Top behind them. "Hy-hyung!"

Youngbae also got up and scratched his head.

"What are you guys doing?" Daesung asked, obviously irritated.

"We're just checking these clothes out." Youngbae said, turning towards the rack. "See."

Daesung shook his head and sighed. "You know that's not very nice. You know, to spy on people."

Both Jiyong and Youngbae looked at eachother. They were caught.

"Sorry." Jiyong said, looking down at his feet. "It was my idea."

Youngbae couldn't believe what Jiyong said. "No! No! It was both our idea!"

Jiyong glared at Youngbae. "I'm trying to save your ..." He whispered.

"Oh..." Youngbae said, looking down in embarrassment.

"Just don't do it again." Top said, grabbing Daesung's hand.

Daesung looked at the two. It was so obvious that they liked eachother! Maybe they just need a boost...

Daesung looked at Top, and just like that, he read his mind.

Top nodded and turned towards Jiyong and Youngbae. "Alright. I guess we'll leave you two to it. See you later."

Top turned and "accidently" nudged Jiyong, making him run into Youngbae.

Their faces were inches apart. When they both realized the situation, they quickly stepped back, blushing.

"Nice work hyung." Daesung said, chuckling.

"Thanks. Now hopefully they'll get it throught their heads that they're perfect for eachother."

Jiyong rubbed his shoulder, anxiously. "Not again." He thought looking at Youngbae. Then something sparked in his brain.

He's blushing. Alot.

"Are you okay?" He asked Youngbae. 

Youngbae just didn't know what to do. He looked stupid just standing there, doing absolutely nothing.

He couldn't do anything else, but run.

Jiyong saw Youngbae sprint out of the store. "What the hell?!" 

"Bae!" Jiyong yelled, chasing after him. "Wait!"

Youngbae was now being even more stupid. Actually, he was being a coward.

Running like this from Jiyong was just plain cowardly.

He ran outside of the mall and sat on the bench. He felt sad, mad, every emotion possible.

But one emotion towered all of the rest.

Love.

"How could this happen!?" Youngbae screamed as he put his face in his clammy hands. "How could I like him?!"

After screaming like a maniac, Youngbae earned a few stares from people, but he didn't care.

He just didn't know what to do anymore. He loved his best friend and his best friend was a man.

He felt like crying. He felt like he betrayed Jiyong. He felt worthless.

Jiyong sprinted across the mall, trying to find Youngbae.

"Why would he just run off like that?" He thought as he checked each floor.

Eventually, Jiyong got tired and decided to exit the mall. He felt like Youngbae was hiding something from him and it made him sad.

It made him worry about him. 

Jiyong walked outside. The sun was setting now. He did try really hard to find Youngbae, he looked for hours, but never found him.

Jiyong sighed deeply as he kicked a rock on the street. 

"What happened to us?"

----------------------

Jiyong drove home in his truck, deeply thinking.

At a red light, he stopped and looked at the shirt Youngbae bought him and smiled.

It was so nice for him to buy that. Jiyong really liked it.

Then more sadness came over Jiyong. But where is he now?

Is he home? Is he somewhere else?

All these thoughts made a tear escape Jiyong's eye. "What is this?"

He was crying.

He was crying because of Youngbae.

Then all things became clear.

------------------------------

Youngbae paced back and forth in the apartment. He couldn't stop thinking about what he had done to Jiyong.

"I'm nothing but a coward."

He sat down on the couch and put his fingers on his temple.

"What will happen to us?"

-------------------------

Jiyong parked his truck in front of the apartment and quickly got out. He had to know if Youngbae was there.

He had to tell him, even if it would ruin their friendship. It was a chance he was willing to take.

As he ran inside, he thought of how oblivious he was. How could he be so stupid?

All this time he had loved Youngbae. It was a love that was slow and it gradually built up over the years.

It was the kind of love that was like the love in romance novels.

He just thought that it would never happen to him.

Jiyong pushed the button on the elevator and waited inpatiently.

Finally, the door opened and Jiyong sprinted towards his door.

He finally stopped in front of it, panting. Then he slightly held his breath, hoping that he would find Bae inside.

He slowly opened the door and saw Youngbae on the couch. He had his hands on his head.

He looked so sad.

Jiyong walked in and closed the door, making Youngbae look up.

Youngbae had sadness and fright in his eyes when he saw Jiyong. Then he decided to run to his room and lock the door.

This was not going to be easy.

Jiyong sighed as he walked towards their room. "Bae?"

All he heard were soft whimpers. Was he crying?

Jiyong knocked softly on the door. "Bae. Are you okay?"

"Go away!" Youngbae shouted. He sounded hurt.

"There's no way I'm leaving Bae. This has been going on for too long. We need to talk about this." Jiyong said, gently.

Youngbae was confused. "Talk about what?"

Jiyong leaned against the door. "Can you just come out please? I just want to talk. I'm not mad at you."

Youngbae sighed. There was no way to get out of this. He got up and slowly opened the door.

Jiyong smiled at him and pulled him into a hug. "Don't cry. Please. It makes me want to cry."

Youngbae couldn't believe what was happening. He wanted to push away, but he couldn't. Jiyong was being to nice.

Jiyong pulled away and took Youngbae's hand and led him towards the couch.

He sat down across from Youngbae and bit his lip. "Okay. I have something to tell you."

Youngbae was scared. He didn't want to end their friendship. He wanted to be with Jiyong forever, but he prepared for the worst.

Jiyong put a hand on Youngbae's leg and took a deep breath. "I know this might end our friendship, so don't be afraid to walk away."

Youngbae's heart dropped. Here it comes.

Jiyong looked right in Youngbae's eyes and smiled. "Youngbae..."

"I know." Youngbae blurted. "You want to end our relationship. It's because I'm acting weird isn't it?"

Jiyong was surprised. "Wha-what?"

"Why do I have to be this way?" Youngbae whispered as tears began to fall. "You don't deserve a friend like me. I'm a freak."

Jiyong's heart broke. He leaned in and wiped Youngbae's tears. "That's not what I was going to say and you're not a freak silly."

Youngbae looked up. "What?"

Jiyong could finally say it. He could finally tell him.

"I want to tell you that...I love you."

Youngbae gasped. Did he just really hear that?

Jiyong hugged Youngbae. "You can walk away if you want. I'll understand."

Youngbae couldn't hold back his tears. "Idiot."

Jiyong was confused. He looked at Youngbae, expecting sadness in his expression, but instead, he was smiling.

"I thought I was the only one." Youngbae said, grabbing Jiyong's shirt tightly. "I love you too."

Jiyong couldn't describe the happiness he felt. This was what was missing from his life. 

It felt right. It made butterflies flutter in his stomach. It made his heart warm.

Jiyong chuckled. "I can't believe how stubborn we are."

Youngbae blushed. "Well, at least we know now."

Jiyong caressed Youngbae's cheek and leaned in.

It felt like fireworks. It felt so amazing.

Youngbae's eyes went wide, but slowly closed. He melted into Jiyong's kiss.

It was their first kiss and it felt just right.