Questionable Acts of Friendship?

Best Friends?

"Of course, I forgot my lighter." Jiyong grunted as he facepalmed himself. "in' ADD."

Youngbae was taking out the trash when he saw a pack of cigarettes in Jiyong's hand. Did he need a lighter?

"Hey Ji." Youngbae boisted as he walked closer to his best friend. "Catch."

Jiyong caught a red lighter in his small hand. "Bae...what are you doing with this?"

Youngbae turned around with a smirk. "I'm not a little kid Ji. I smoke too."

"Oh." Jiyong mumbled as he lazily pulled out a cig and lit it up. "Are you almost done with your shift?"

"Yeah. Just gotta clean up a little." Youngbae said, turning towards Jiyong.

"Okay." Jiyong said, taking a puff of his cig. "I'll be waiting right here."

Youngbae nodded and went inside to clean some dishes.

Jiyong always waited for Youngbae after his shift. Not because he really cares, but because they only have one car.

It was an old, grey truck that they got from one of Jiyong's friends. What a great friend to give a barely working, breaking down all the time, ugly truck.

Hey, at least it got them to work. They both work at a small restraunt in the city. It actually gets a good amount of customers and it has some good food.

Jiyong and Youngbae wanted to try to start a restraunt on their own, but they didn't want to take that chance. It might cost them all of their money and they just can't afford it.

While breathing in the last puff of smoke, Jiyong stood up and walked sluggishly toward the truck.

Youngbae came out of the door and locked it. "There weren't that much to clean this time."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the thirty minute drive home, a question popped in Jiyong's head. "Hey Bae. How come you never told me that you smoked?"

Youngbae sighed. "I don't know. I didn't think it was a big deal or anything."

Jiyong smirked as he stopped at the red light. "From now on, we smoke together."

Youngbae looked at Jiyong with a raised eyebrow. "Really?"

"Let's add that to our bff list on things to do." Jiyong said sarcastically.

"Ji. I'm not doing that ridiculous list again." Youngbae said, lightly punching Jiyong's arm.

"Fine." Jiyong said, slowly pulling into their driveway.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Youngbae opened the car door and tiredly walked to their apartment building. Their room was on the third floor.

Jiyong soon followed Youngbae as he opened the door to the lobby. Then they both got into the elevator and pushed the button at the same time.

"Sorry." They both said in unision.

Awkward.

Once they got to their floor, they eyed at eachother and squinted. "One." Youngbae mumbled.

"Two." Jiyong whispered as he prepped for the race.

"Three!"

Jiyong and Youngbae raced down the hallway to their room. They did this all of the time. It was on the "list."

Who ever got to the room first got to sleep on the top of the bunk bed. Yes, it was very childish, but who cares!

"I win!" Youngbae squeeled. He did a victory dance and unlocked the door. "Na na na..boo...boo.."

"You still remember that?" Jiyong said in between chuckles.

"Yup. We're not that old Ji." Youngbae said as he poked Jiyong's forehead.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was about 10:00pm when they got home. They were both about to go to sleep, but then Jiyong's stomach grumbled. Loud.

"Did you eat Ji?" Youngbae questioned as he poked Jiyong's stomach playfully.

"I didn't get to..." Jiyong mumbled.

"How does instant ramen sound?" Youngbae said, leaping towards the kitchen to look into the pantry. "So...would you like beef flavor, or beef flavor, or-"

"Let me guess...beef flavor." Jiyong said sarcasticly as he approached the kitchen.

"Nope. Actually we have chicken flavor too." Youngbae said, laughing his off.

"How can you be so energized after work? That should be me. I'm the one with ADD." Jiyong said, taking the chicken flavor ramen packet from Youngbae's grasp.

"I'm just happy all the time. That's all." Youngbae said, giving Jiyong a famous eye smile.

Jiyong smiled back and put the instant ramen in the microwave. "I love that smile."

Youngbae turned pink at that comment. "Umm...are you alright Ji?"

"Ya. Why?" Jiyong said, taking out his so called dinner.

"That's not really what you say to your best friend. Especially your male best friend." Youngbae grumbled as his face slowly faded back to normal color.

"Chill Bae. It's not like I freaking called you cute." Jiyong said, pinching Youngbae's cheeks.

More awkwardness.

"Um..I'm going to go to bed now, so ya...." Youngbae said, sprinting to their bedroom.

"What's wrong with him?" Jiyong said to himself while munching on his ramen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Okay. Tell me what you guys think about this chapter. :) Next one will be longer. See ya!)