No Sleep

Best Friends?

Youngbae couldn't really sleep that night. Jiyong was being weird. He was just being plain weird.

Then Youngbae thought about his own reactions to Jiyong being "weird."

"I'm the one that's weird." He said to himself. "I blushed for crying out loud."

Youngbae rolled over and looked down at Jiyong from on top of the bunk bed. "Hmm..."

"What are you staring at?" Jiyong asked, opening one eye.

"No-nothing!" Youngbae boisted, as he turned over in his bed.

"Sure...." Jiyong mumbled as he dragged himself from bed. "Well..., today's saturday."

"Ya." Youngbae replied, heart beating fast.

"We don't have to go to work, so what do you want to do." Jiyong asked as he went to the bathroom to brush his teeth.

"Um...I don't know." Youngbae said, sighing.

"Come on. You have a good idea in that creative mind of yours." Jiyong chuckled from the bathroom.

"We could...um...go to the park?" Youngbae suggested, later putting his face in the pillow.

"That's sounds good to me." Jiyong said, gargling water.

Youngbae got out of bed and went in the bathroom. He got his tooth brush and didn't realize that he was still staring at Jiyong in the mirror.

"Youngbae. You're staring again." Jiyong said, nervously laughing.

"So-sorry." Youngbae stuttered, mentally slapping himself.

"I'll go make breakfast. Toast?" Jiyong asked.

"Sure." Youngbae said, rinsing his mouth with mouth wash.

"Okay..." Jiyong said, leaving Youngbae in the bathroom.

"We've never been that awkward before." Youngbae said to himself. "What's happening to us?"

Youngbae and Jiyong sat down at the table, eating their toast.

"So..., what park should we go to?" Jiyong asked, breaking the awkward silence.

"Uh...there's a park where you can walk on different paths and look at different plants and animals." Youngbae said.

"That sounds cool." Jiyong said, poking Youngbae's cheeks. "What's wrong with you Bae. You've been acting weird since last night."

Youngbae's face turned red. "It's nothing."

Jiyong folded his arms and squinted at Youngbae suspiciously. "Uh huh.."

"I'm fine Ji. Really." Youngbae said, forcing a smile.

"Then what are these dark circles doing on your face?" Jiyong said, touching Youngbae's grey eye bags.

"I just didn't get much sleep, that's all." Youngbae replied, playfully batting away Jiyong's hands.

"Why didn't you get sleep Bae?" Jiyong asked, pouting.

"It's nothing." Youngbae said again.

"I'm keeping my eye on you mister." Jiyong said, standing up to put his dishes in the sink.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After eating breakfast, Jiyong and Youngbae rode in their ugly truck to the park. Once they arrived, Jiyong saw Youngbae's eyes light up. "It's so cool!"

Jiyong put the truck in park and opened the door. "It's a huge park too."

"I'm so excited! Hurry Ji!" Youngbae exclaimed as he literally ran to the entrance.

"Wait Bae! Come on!" Jiyong yelled as he chased Youngbae.

Once Jiyong caught up with Youngbae. He saw Youngbae look at the park map. "Look! They have a butterfly garden!"

"That's cool." Jiyong said, still trying to catch his breath.

"Oh look! They also have a place to feed fish!" Youngbae said, jumping up and down.

"Well, lead the way." Jiyong said, smiling at the excited Youngbae.

Jiyong was happy that the old Youngbae was back. He was starting to get worried, but after seeing Youngbae this happy, everything was fine.

Youngbae grabbed Jiyong's hand and led him through the entrance.

Jiyong felt his heart skip. "What the?" He thought to himself.

Youngbae's hand felt warm. It felt comfortable too.

----------------------------------------------------------

(sorry for the short chapter. it was like 5:00 am when I finished this last sentence. I hope you guys like it and I will update again soon. :) )