Invitation to "Immortal Song 2"

Immortal Sarang

"IU! My favorite singer!" IU's manager exclaimed. IU smiled brightly and shook hands with him. 

"Annyeonghaseyo! You called for me earlier?" IU asked, making sure that it was her manager that called her 2 AM in the morning. She was still awake at that time doing homework and finishing up a 10-paged essay for her teacher. Her manager smiled brighter than IU as he patted a seat next to her.

"Yes, I did! Sit down, IU. We need to talk," her manager said in a stern tone. Fearing that she was going to get kicked out, she slowly and carefully sat on the seat. Her manager sat across from IU, folding his hands. He searched around his messy table that was filled with paperworks and pens. He happily found the paper he was looking for and handed it to IU. IU slowly took and looked through it.

"'Immortal Song 2.' Um… What's that?" IU asked, clueless. Her manager stared at IU for a second, not believing his ears. He cleared his throat and took a deep breath."I

"Mm… 'Immortal Song 2' is similar to 'I Am A Singer.' I'm sure you watched some of those shows, right?" her manager asked. IU shook her head. She was so busy with work and schoolwork, she barely had time to watch T.V. She did hear her mother talking about the show, though. Her manager sighed deeply, and continued on with his explanation, "Anyways, it's basically a show where the best singers perform against each other. The audience gets to vote for which singer they want: Singer A and Singer B. If Singer A wins, then Singer C is randomly chosen and comes up to battle against Singer A's song. Do you understand?" IU nodded enthusiastically, glad to hear how simple the rules of the show was.

"So… according to this document, they are inviting me to join this show?" IU asked, her eyes glued to the document. IU's manager smiled brightly and clicked his tongue.

"Exactly! Now, I know you're extremely busy with homework, MCing for 'Inkigayo,' performing on 'Kim Yuna's Kiss & Cry', and everything, but can you please make it to this show?" her manager begged. IU bit her lips, wanting to refuse. 

"But–"

"You can just make, like, a guest appearance for just one episode! Please?" IU's manager pleaded. IU sighed deeply. Anything for you, manager, IU thought. She forced a tight smile and nodded, adding the information that she would on perform on one episode and sighed her signature. Her manager smiled brightly.

"Thanks a lot, IU! This is one reason that you are my favorite– You know a good opportunity when you see one," her manager winked, as IU just nodded slowly. She was excused after she settled things down with her manager. As IU exited out of the building, she took a deep breath as she dialed her friends' phone numbers. I wonder if my friends got the invitation to perform on "Immortal Song 2…"


"OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH!!" a particular, young boy squealed.

"What?" Doojoon, one of the B2ST members, asked. Yoseob squealed once more as he stomped continuously with his feet excitedly and pointed at his laptop screen. Some of the other B2ST members gathered around the exited boy.

"IU'S CONFIRMED TO APPEAR ON IMMORTAL SONG 2! JUST LIKE ME!" Yoseob exclaimed, turning to Kikwang, "IN YOUR FACE, KIKWANG! Now you can't hog IU-ssi!" Kikwang rolled his eyes.

"I wasn't hogging her! I was just simply…"

"Acting, yeah, whatever. Kya! LOOK AT HER! She's beautiful!" Yoseob squealed, "OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH!" 

"Ya, Yang Yoseob! Shut your mouth and stop staring at IU like a ert," Junhyung shouted, as he went back to sleep. Yoseob pouted as the B2ST members went back to whatever they were doing. OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH! Yoseob thought wildly.


"I'm sorry, Jonghyun, but you can't go," Jonghyun's manager said with a frown. Jonghyun scoffed at his manager.

"Why?! I didn't do anything wrong, did I? C'mon! Just let me perform on the show! I promise I won't get behind my work!" Jonghyun promised, pleading his manager to enter the new show. This is an honor to be asked on this show! Why can't my manager understand that?! Jonghyun thought annoyingly.

"Jonghyun, you're way to busy with everything, there would be no time for you to fit this opportunity in your schedule! You're going to let everyone down!" his manager yelled. Jonghyun scrunched his eyebrows angrily at his manager.

"Fine! But I'm going to come back here everyday and beg to get on that show!" Jonghyun declared, as he ran out the door.