Yoseob's Lies

Immortal Sarang

6 days has passed by ever since the news about Jonghyun and Se Kyung breaking up was spread. Fans were confused whether or not to feel upset, angry, or even happy. IU, however, was extremely furious with what Jonghyun had done. The two haven't contacted each other ever since. Jonghyun tried to call and text IU, but IU had refused whatever Jonghyun had to say.

I can't believe him! IU thought angrily, I can't believe that he hurt other's feelings! Aish! I specifically told him not to hurt others, but he replied with, 'I'll try.' Jeez, who does he think he is?

"IU, are you okay?" Sulli asked. IU pushed her thoughts out of her head. Okay, right now, I have to focus MCing. If I don't, I'm sure to mess up, IU thought. The lights flashed back on the MCing state. IU took a deep breath and flashed a smile at the audience as the camera man started to camera. It was supposed to be a short interview between the 2PM members, but for IU, it seemed like an hour long interview.

It's probably because my thoughts are dreaded about what Jonghyun oppa did, IU thought. She secretly sighed deeply to herself. I should've listened to what Jonghyun had to say whenever he called me. I guess i was just to angry with him. Maybe I should give him a chance…

Before IU realized it, it was her turn to say something. IU tightly gripped onto the microphone, nervous. Even though she had been MCing live for a while, she was still nervous. Was she going to mess up? Hopefully not since she had MCed perfectly the whole time. IU smiled and clapped as the MCs cheered at the short performance 2PM had done. IU took a deep breath, ready to say her lines. Here goes, IU thought.

"So, as our MC-gayo–I mean, as our ‘Inkigayo’ MC-sunbaes, what score would you give us?" IU stammered, realizing her mistake. Gosh, Jonghyun is in my mind too much! I can't concentrate! IU thought, as she flushed in embarrassment. Wooyoung bent down lowly, laughing as Taecyeon laughed along. The two answered IU's question, but she wasn't really listening. Her thoughts suddenly moved to Jonghyun.

I wonder if Jonghyun oppa is watching me right now, IU thought, Omo, how about he sees my mistake? Would be laugh? Probably…Nah, I doubt it. Jonghyun oppa isn't the kind who would laugh at me. Oh gosh, never mind that, he's probably laughing at me right now.


Key was on the floor, laughing like a hyena. Taemin and Minho bit their tongue to hold back their laughter, while Onew chuckled. Jonghyun felt uneasy all of the sudden. Maybe I sent her too many texts and calls and she got lots of phone bills or something. Aish, Jonghyun, this is probably all your fault! Jonghyun scolded himself, digging his face in a pillow.

"Now that was funny!" Key laughed, holding onto his stomach tightly. Jonghyun frowned.

"Shaddup!" Jonghyun grumbled. Onew whistled.

"Oh, what do we have here? An uncle fan?" Onew joked. Key and Onew cracked up, as Minho and Taemin starting chuckling and giggling. Jonghyun blushed crimson red.

"I-I said be quiet!" Jonghyun mumbled, his face still red. 

"Hey, Uncle Jonghyun! Do you have a present for me?" Taemin teased sweetly. Key continued to laugh harder, as Onew bit his tongue hard, trying not to laugh. Minho started laughing along with Key. Taemin grinned, as Jonghyun through a pillow at him.

"Be quiet!" Jonghyun yelled angrily. The four other members cracked up, as Jonghyun sighed. 


"That was cute, IU-ssi," Kikwang teased. IU blushed.

"I-I didn't mean to purposely make a mistake. It just slipped out of my mouth," IU mumbled. Kikwang chuckled.

"There's news that you made a mistake because you were nervous since Wooyoung was around," Kikwang informed. IU sighed.

"I knew there would be something like that," IU murmured, looking away. When they arrived outside, the two found Yoseob in disguise, waiting. IU and Kikwang widened their eyes, shocked to see Yoseob.

"Yoseob?" Kikwang said. Yoseob turned around and smiled.

"Oh, IU!" Yoseob exclaimed, ignoring Kikwang. IU scrunched her eyebrows slightly.

"Annyeong…" IU said, barely audible. Kikwang sighed. So she's still uncomfortable with Yoseob around, hm? Kikwang thought. He knew very well about what had happened long ago when Yoseob and IU danced with each other for a Special Stage. 

"Can I talk to IU privately?" Yoseob asked, turning to Kikwang. Kikwang raised an eyebrow, but slowly nodded as he scooted away from the two. Yoseob watched Kikwang go until he was out of their sight. Yoseob cleared his throat and smiled at IU.

"I've heard about Jonghyun and Se Kyung," Yoseob started. IU bit her lips.

"Yeah? So? It's none of our business, right?" IU asked.

"It is our business, and it's partially yours, too," Yoseob said, scrunching his eyebrows, "I know exactly why Jonghyun broke up with Se Kyung. It's because he's a player." IU snorted and laughed. She rolled her eyes, not believing a single word Yoseob was saying.

"Ha, as if. Jonghyun oppa is a kind guy. Do you have any proof?" IU quizzed. Yoseob smirked.

"Remember that dance Jonghyun did with SNSD's Jessica? He was dating her until he met Se Kyung. He broke Jessica's heart and started dating Se Kyung until he met you. Now, he broke up with Se Kyung. His next target is you," Yoseob explained. IU frowned.

"That doesn't mean he's a player–"

"Look IU, he's been flirting with girls and started off with Sica, and then Se Kyung. You'll be next. I guarantee it," Yoseob said. From the tone of his voice, Yoseob was serious. IU sighed and bit her lower lips. What am I supposed to do? IU wondered.

"Trust me, IU. I know only one way to avoid this," Yoseob said.

"How?" IU asked, slowly looking up to Yoseob. Yoseob smiled and approached IU. He leaned in and slowly pecked IU's forehead. IU's heart started racing as her cheeks blushed. He smirked quietly, whispering, "Be my girlfriend."