Shocked

Immortal Sarang

Jonghyun impatiently tapped his fingers on the table, pressing his cell phone next to his ear. C'mon, Se Kyung! Pick up your phone! I need to talk to you, Jonghyun thought impatiently. Throughout the days, Se Kyung refused to pick up her phone.

Or maybe her phone was off, Jonghyun thought, Yeah, her phone is probably off. That's it! I should just visit her personally so I could get a straight answer. Arraso, Jonghyun! 

"Jjong!" Onew shouted, "Let's go!" Jonghyun scrunched his eyebrows.

"What? Where?" Jonghyun asked. Onew sighed deeply, as Minho jumped in to explain where the five were going.

"Dinner, duh!" Minho reminded, "You're not even ready yet! Gosh, you know we're going to a private dinner alone? I heard that they are serving steak. Gosh, Jonghyun, you loved to eat out in fancy restaurant! Is something bugging you or anything?"

"Uh, no. I was just planing to see Se Kyung," Jonghyun said, forcing a tight smile. 

"I thought the two of you broke up and are remaining as friend. That's what the news said," Taemin pointed out. Oh right, it's been released to public, Jonghyun thought, rubbing his forehead uneasily.

"Er, yeah, well…I just wanted to talk to her as friends. You see, I still feel a bit awkward about this and–"

"Jonghyun!" Key gasped, "You're not even in your tuxedo! Are you planning to go out like that?" Jonghyun looked down at his clothes. He was wearing a baggy t-shirt with a pair of black jeans. It was the type of clothing Key didn't like him to where. Jonghyun sighed.

"Okay, okay! I'll change," Jonghyun grumbled, getting up.

"Pull your pants up, Jjong!" Onew called. Jonghyun flushed in embarrassment as he ran into his room to get ready for dinner. I guess I'll have to wait for Se Kyung's answer, Jonghyun thought with a deep sigh.


At the restaurant…

"Hey, manager, I thought it'd be a private restaurant reserved for only the six of us. Why are there still people?" Taemin whispered, leaning next to the manager's ear. The manager scratched his head uneasily.

"Er, I tried, but then the owner wouldn't allow such a thing," their manager stated sheepishly. The five members sighed tiredly. The manager cleared his throat and said, "But don't worry! Everyone knows that you will be here for dinner. They shouldn't bother us at all…"

"Omo, honey, isn't that SHINee?" a lady whispered to her husband.

"Yeah, I heard they were visiting. Want me to get their autographs or something?" her husband whispered. The idol members stared at their manager with blank expression. The manager laughed uneasily and rolled his eyes to their reserved table.

"Oh look, our table! Let's eat," the manager grinned as they walked to their seat. Jonghyun sighed deeply. Their table was right next to the window, giving them a good view over the city. At least we have a good view, Jonghyun thought, forcing a smile. 


"Er, are you sure it's okay to eat here?" IU asked quietly. Yoseob smirked and pecked IU's cheek. Yoseob was told not to kiss IU's lips, since she felt like their relationship didn't go that far.

"I'm positive. I'm your boyfriend, aren't I? You should be able to trust me," Yoseob grinned. IU forced a tight smile, pressing her lips together. Arraso, Yoesob-ah. I'll trust you, since you've been persuading me that Jonghyun oppa is a player, IU thought.

Suddenly, she stopped her thoughts. She quickly shook her head, chewing her lower lips nervously. Stop thinking about Jonghyun oppa now! IU scolded herself, He doesn't exist in your life anymore. He's just a player like Yoseob said. Why is Jonghyun oppa still in your mind?

"Are you okay, IU? We can eat somewhere else if you want to," Yoseob suggested before paying to enter. IU forced another smile and shook her head.

"Ani, it's fine. Let's go. Besides, you're paying for me here, anyways," IU laughed. Yoseob grinned as he paid to enter to restaurant. When they entered, IU froze. There was someone sitting on at the far table near the glass window who looked very family. That can't be… IU thought, as the waitress led the two to their table. She caught the familiar person's eye. They were brown and soft, like…

"Jonghyun," IU whispered. Yoseob frowned. Really? Jonghyun is still in her head? After I told her that he was a player? Aigoo, poor IU. Jonghyun must've infected her mind too much, Yoseob thought, secretly pouting.

"Did you say something?" Yoseob asked. IU jumped and shook her head.

"A-Ani! No, I…Doesn't he remind you of SHINee's Jonghyun?" IU asked, pointing to the familiar guy. Yoseob glanced at the person IU was pointing. He widened his eyes, shocked. That's totally Jonghyun, no joke. That's really Jonghyun, Yoseob thought.

"IU?" Jonghyun said aloud. Everyone turned around at Jonghyun's table. Jonghyun has standing half way up, getting a better look at IU. IU hid her face with her purse.

"I-I'm sorry, you got the wrong person," IU whispered shyly, dashing to her table. Jonghyun scratched his head, confused. I'm sure that was IU, Jonghyun thought. He suddenly got a text message from an unknown number. Raising an eyebrow, he checked on the message.

To: Jonghyun

From: Unknown

IU and I are dating, so don't get in the way

Jonghyun widened his eyes and looked up, looking closely at the person with IU. He gasped. It was no other than Yang Yoseob. Yoseob smirked, as Jonghyun unknowingly made a fist under the table. What's he up to? Jonghyun wondered, slightly gritting his teeth softly.