Texting Argument

Immortal Sarang

The next morning, Jonghyun woke up during lunch. Darn it, I skipped breakfast, Jonghyun thought with a deep sigh. He rolled off his bed, accidentally landing on Key. 

"Oof!" Key exclaimed. Jonghyun sighed as he sat up.

"Mian Key," Jonghyun apologized drowsily. He rubbed his eyes tiredly and weakly, thinking about nothing. Wait, Jonghyun thought, Key is sleeping. 

"Yah, Key, did you make breakfast?" Jonghyun asked quietly. He started shaking Key to wake up, but Key shrugged him off.

"Ugh, I don't want to make breakfast today. You guys cook something yourself," Key said.

"Hyung~" Taemin called from the kitchen, "I'm hungry!" 

"Get something yourself!" Key shouted back. He sighed deeply and buried his face in his pillow. Jonghyun sighed. With Key still sleeping, the only choice we have is…

"Hey Onew! Cook us something!" Minho called. 

"Ask Key! I cooked last time!" Onew whined. Jonghyun sighed as he dragged himself in the kitchen. Taemin and Minho were sitting on the kitchen chair, while Onew was biting into the left over chicken legs from last night. Taemin banged his head slowly against the table. Minho tapped on his stomach, as his stomach roared in hunger. 

"I'm HUNGRY!" Taemin whined.

"You're ANNOYING," Minho shouted, yelling in Taemin's ear. Onew rolled his eyes.

"Eat the leftover chicken from yesterday! I'm not going to cook or make something! That's Key's job," Onew mumbled annoyingly. Jonghyun chuckled as he headed towards the refrigerator. He grabbed the gallon of milk and closed the refrigerator.

"Oh, oh! Jonghyun hyung, are you going to make something for us?" Taemin asked excitedly. Jonghyun laughed.

"As if. I'm going to make myself some cereal. Key seemed to be really tired," Jonghyun said. Taemin pouted sadly.

"I had to skip breakfast because of Key hyung! This is totally not fair!" Taemin grumbled.

"I'll make you a bowl of cereal if you can tell me what the latest news is," Jonghyun promised. Quickly, Taemin grabbed Minho's laptop and frantically typed something on the keyboards. Minho looked furious that Taemin had stolen his laptop, but he said nothing. 

Suddenly, Taemin's eyes widened. Minho glanced at the screen and widened his eyes, too, shocked to see what Taemin had found. Seeing that the two were shocked, Jonghyun felt that there wasn't good news.

"So what's happening these days?" Jonghyun asked, chewing on his cereal.

"Hyung, you broke up with Se Kyung noona?!" Taemin and Minho shouted in shock. Jonghyun's eyes rounded as he choked on chunks of little cereal pieces. Onew accidentally swallowed a piece of chicken in whole.

"WHAT?! Jjong, you successfully did it? I thought you said you didn't do it yesterday!" Onew exclaimed.

'Wait, you were planning to do this in the beginning?" Minho asked, surprised. Jonghyun grabbed Minho's laptop to see the news, quickly swimming through the text. He couldn't believe it. He didn't even know anything about this. His phone rang, informing Jonghyun that he had received a text. Jonghyun checked the text, hoping that Se Kyung had an answer to this.

To: Jonghyun Oppa <3

From: Se Kyung ^_^

Jonghyun Oppa, I'm sure you saw the news about us breaking up.

I'm not really breaking up with you,

but then I wanted to inform our company that we broke up

and are continuing our relationship as friends.

I'm still waiting if you want to continue dating or not.

Please tell me what you think about this.

Jonghyun dropped his mouth opened. He didn't think that Se Kyung would do such a thing. He was shocked and upset, but at the same time, he was happy and glad. His phone rang again, but this time, the text message was from IU. 

To: Jjong Oppa ;)

From: IU ^_^

Jonghyun what is the meaning of this?! >:O

I just read the news about you and Se Kyung breaking up!!!

I told you not to hurt anyone!

Gosh, I feel so guilty!!!! T^T

Jonghyun bit his lower lips nervously, knowing that IU was angry with him. But I didn't do it! Well, I tried to do it, but I didn't do anything! Se Kyung did it all! Jonghyun thought. He replied to IU's text, exactly typing what he just thought. A reply came back faster than Jonghyun had expected. Again, it was from IU.

To: Jjong Oppa ;)

From: IU ^_^

Don't lie to me! >:T

I just talked with Se Kyung-ssi

(yes, i talk 2 her on the phone)

She said that you tried to break up with her because of me!!! >:O

What? Jonghyun thought in disbelief, Why would Se Kyung say that to IU? Actually, how did IU even get Se Kyung's number? Aish!!! What's happening? Jonghyun was entirely confused He was so confused, he didn't know what to say in reply. If he tried to defend himself, it would make it look like he was lying. If he called IU, IU might've yelled at her. He bit his lips hard. What do I do, What do I do, What do I do?!

Another message arrived. Jonghyun quickly skimmed through the message.

To: Jjong Oppa ;)

From: IU ^_^

Jjong Oppa, I said not to hurt anyone!

You're even speechless! You don't even know what to say!

So since you're not replying, it's all true, right?

 

To: IU ^_^

From: Jjong ;)

It's not true!

I'm serious!!

Okay, I did try to break up with her,

but then she broke up with me!

I don't know what's going on,

but Se Kyung is lying!

Jonghyun bit his lips. The other members stared at Jonghyun worriedly. They knew that something was wrong. IU replied. 

To: Jjong Oppa ;)

From: IU ^_^

Blaming ur girlfriend, huh?

Arraso, arraso, whatever.

But I'm going to take what Se Kyung-ssi

I'm going to believe that you broke up

with Sekyung-ssi and you broke her heart.


Se Kyung sighed. Jonghyun didn't reply to her text. She dialed some numbers on her phone. It wasn't Jonghyun she was contacting at all. No, it was someone else who wanted Se Kyung to tell her company that she was breaking up with Jonghyun.

"Yoboseyo?" someone answered.

"Yoseob-ssi… I did it," Se Kyung said quietly. Yoseob smirked through the phone proudly.

"Ah, okay. I'll take it from here, now. Don't worry. I'm going to make IU fall in love with me, and then you'll have Jonghyun back all to yourself," Yoseob replied. Se Kyung bit her lips.

"Actually, I think this is wrong. I feel like I want to let Jonghyun be with IU since he seems so happy," Se Kyung confessed, sighing.

"But then you can't have Jonghyun, hm?" Yoseob pointed out. Se Kyung stood quiet. Yoseob laughed. It wasn't those friendly, happy laugh. It was actually a dark, scary kind of laugh.

"Don't worry, I'll take it from here, arraso?" Yoseob said. Se Kyung still kept quiet. Yoseob sighed and hung up, as Se Kyung hung her phone up, too. What have I done? Se Kyung thought, tearing up a bit.