Side Story - Akira

Exo High School Host Club

 

 

 

 

 

After studying a book all of last night that he’d got from the library (namely, Essential Etiquette for Budding Young Women), Kyungsoo finally felt completely confident.

He’d prepared completely. He’d even eaten a lot before setting out so as to just have the excuse ‘I’m not hungry’ for any meals he didn’t know how to handle. Kyungsoo didn’t get to be a consistent A* student by not preparing.

On the way, Kyungsoo wasn’t expecting a guest. こんにちは。私はあきらです。日本語に分かりますか。She was very polite, but Kyungsoo simply said ‘Ug.’ Technically, he knew a bit of Japanese, enough to understand the ‘Hello.’ And ‘My name is Akira.’ But after that he was totally confused. I know! He suddenly had a flash of genius idea. Suho or Jongin must know Japanese, posh people get taught loads of languages, and his school wasn’t that far.

He took the girl by the hand.

When he got into the school, he suddenly realised the fault of his plan. He was a boy stranger leading a girl somewhere unknown. To check why she hadn’t slapped him and ran off, he looked back to see she was blushing furiously.

For some reason, Kyungsoo felt a bit happy even though he didn’t like her. Someone’s got some talent with the ladies, despite what dad says! His weird dad had been convinced Kyungsoo bent the other way ever since he’d come out a bit… pretty… for a boy.

He met Luhan just before the host club. ‘Do you know Japanese?’ Kyungsoo had almost screamed in his excitement. ‘No.’ Luhan looked up from manicuring his nails ‘But I see you’ve got a guest. Don’t worry, Sehun knows a bit of Japanese. I think. Well, he claimed to be learning Japanese when he went to the night classes. He might not have been.’

He rushed to the club room, only to find Jongin and Tao, who were playing snap, of all games. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

‘Do you know Japanese?’ He frantically asked. Tao and Jongin both bounced up to Akira, who seemed a bit overwhelmed, but they didn’t know any either.

Frantically, Kyungsoo ran off. Akira was safe with that pair. They were doing weird made up sign language gestures at her.

Panting, he ran across Sehun in his classroom.

‘Do you know any Japanese?’ Kyungsoo was hopeful, but Sehun shook he head.

‘I thought Luhan said you went to night classes.’

‘That was to impress my parents. I never thought there would actually be a time I needed it. Japan exists? News to me.’

‘What did you do then?’

‘I went to the classes… I just drew this in it.’ Sehun ruffled through his notebook before settling on a page.

Instinctively, Kyungsoo raised a hand to protect his innocent eyes, but, surprisingly, it wasn’t inappropriate.

‘Cute.’

What Sehun said next immediately turned it weird.

‘It’s Luhan in girl form. I didn’t have to change the face much, just the hair and the body.’

Kyungsoo didn’t think he could look at Luhan again without imagining him as a girl.

‘N-nice.’

It was Suho, or it was nothing.

By the time Kyungsoo arrived at Suho’s classroom, he was exhausted.

‘Suho?’ Random Classmate who Kyungsoo had vaguely seen but never actually met because of his dorkiness said ‘He goes off to pray before class.’

WHAT THE… After Sehun’s weirdity yesterday, Suho was religious? Suho just didn’t seem religious. Unless it was the sacrificing for wealth kind of religion.

Running back to the classroom, Kyungsoo saw Tao waving at her.

‘KYUNGIE! Cuddles speaks Japanese.’

Kyungsoo entered to find out Cuddles meant Kris. Typical. He spoke English as well, why not Japanese?

‘What’s she saying?’

Kris spoke some Japanese, and so did Akira. ‘She says she’s lost.’

‘Ask her where she needs to get to.’

‘She says… umm, some school… near the mountains? Scoring system… renowned… What? Tadashi?’

Akira seemed to have a sudden realisation.

‘What’s she saying?!’

‘She says… wrong manga…’ Kris looked up completely confused.

Akira smiled, then walked through the wall. Kyungsoo ran out to the hallway to find out she had vanished.

‘What the hell was that?’ Kyungsoo said before sitting down to rest.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----

 

AN - Hope you liked it, comment please! Also, recognise the manga? XD

Actually, I just went off on a tangent and wrote for so long I made it into a side story... nothing with the host club is ever planned.

I don't think I am actually in control of my writing anymore...