The First of Many Bad Desicions

Exo High School Host Club

 

Kyungsoo runs down just as fast as his legs will carry him, but unfortunately being unfit is potentially unbeneficial in some situations as he sees Jongin just reach ahead of him at the lake.

Kyungsoo is resigned to his fate as he rolls up his trousers and picks his books out of the lake.

Jongin strides in too and Kyungsoo can see shining sparkles from the droplets of water that are just about touching his hair.

‘No young lady should be knee deep in water.’ Kyungsoo has an uncanny feeling that he is missing something important in the sentence.

‘I don’t care.’ Kyungsoo resumes picking up his books when he realises that his A2 Chemistry textbook is also down the drain. The rest of the host club have reached the lake by this time, panting (although Suho seems to not be tired at all…)

‘Dammit!’ Jongin seems appalled that Kyungsoo is swearing (sort of?) ‘That textbook was so expensive!’

‘How much?’ Jongin resumes looking (but not actually getting the pond water on his hands)

‘Thirty pounds. I’ll have to use up some of my birthday money.’

Tao gasps ‘The injustice!’

Luhan hugs Kyungsoo to him while Sehun pats his head

‘You poor misguided soul.’ Sehun seems to be almost crying.

Jongin recovers from the shock of the twins molesting Kyungsoo ‘We have to open a Do Kyungsoo fund.’ He points to the sky ‘And my first act of charity will be donating her 15 Chemistry textbooks!’

‘Umm, I only need one really.’ Kyungsoo assumes Jongin was just teasing him when he said she.

‘I will too.’ Sehun says.

Even Kris seems to be nodding his head approvingly.

‘My first act,’ Luhan says ‘Is to grant Kyungie free access to the host club! To provide a useful pleasure from the relentless work and slavery at home!’

Kyungsoo’s head is still nestled in Luhan’s chest and he takes the time to pull away.

Unfortunately he pulls away too hard and overbalances.

Kyungsoo sits in the water while water drips down his nose and he can taste the salt in his mouth.

They still seem to be discussing the charity plan, and only Suho seems to have noticed Kyungsoo falling.

He gets up in a huff, takes his bag and leaves. He hears a faint whisper of Jongin rambling on his walk home ten minutes later.

The next day, Kyungsoo is weighed down and his legs nearly give under him as Jongin relaxes.

‘Wanna come to our activity today then? Free sweets! The finest delicacy.’

Kyungsoo looks reluctant.

He hears Jongdae mutter ‘Common food Jongin, common food…’

‘I know what!’ Jongin shouts ‘Red bean paste buns! OK? That can last you for the day, right?’

Kyungsoo considers stuffing himself in his locker just so he can escape this embarrassment.

‘We can expand our customers.’ Suho puts on glasses that have no lenses. Kyungsoo figures it must be an evil genius sort of thing to do ‘We can introduce males to our host club.’

In the uproar that follows, Kyungsoo says ‘What does that have to do with me? I’m a guy.’

As usual, no-one hears him, but later at lunch Jongin still drags him to the room. He gets shoved into a locker with himself and a dress.

‘What the …’ Kyungsoo looks at the sunshine yellow puffy dress and wonders how they guessed (at least, he hoped they guessed, you can never be sure with these rich people that they weren’t stalking you like Edward) his size.

‘I’m not changing into this you creeps!’ Kyungsoo yells ‘I’m a guy!’

‘Shhh.’ Suho’s on the other side of the door and Kyungsoo feels a chill come over him.

‘There will be a lot of privelleges.’

‘I don’t care.’ Kyungsoo is perfectly happy with the simple life.

‘I know you’ve been finding it hard to pay for all the books and resources you need. And now the Chemistry as well.’

‘Never.’

Suho’s voice is disturbingly soothing ‘You’ll have more time to revise at home instead of working, and you’ll never have to worry. There’ll be lovely events… and at this school no-one cares about crossdressing.’

Kyungsoo still feels wrong wearing the dress.

‘So there’s no chance of me getting suspended?’

‘Nope, that would be discrimination. Don’t worry, if that happens there will be suing from my family.’

Kyungsoo looks again at the dress and shrugs. He wasn’t looking to find love anyway, so why should this matter? And he had left his hair a tiny bit unkempt for the last few months so it was passable as a bob cut. He looked and Suho had even left a little red hairband with a bow. It was so cute Kyungsoo felt like throwing up.

 

Jongin and the rest of the club clapped their hands in approval as Kyungsoo left the changing rooms and Suho smiled.

Suho caught up with Kyungsoo later 'Remember, no-one can know. And remember to play along.'

 

Kyungsoo shivered in anticipation.