Birthday Cake

Still Into You

A/N: This one is for the birthday of our cool guy, Minwoo oppa….XD Happy Birthday!!! I made him as a special cameo in this story and tried my best in writing fluffy and sweet stuff….still don’t know if I succeeded in it or not….:D Enjoy and if u drop a comment, thz a lot!


Hyesung carefully put the little sprinkles onto the top of the cake. Colourful sprinkles fell onto the white chocolate cake beautifully and he smiled proudly seeing how perfect this birthday cake is. This is the last ordered one he had to make before calling it a day. He did the final checking but ended up adoring the cake he had just made.

It was so lovely and looked so yummy even at the first glance.

Like the one he made for Eric a year ago….

Everytime he had to make a white chocolate birthday cake, the memory of first meeting with Eric flashed upon his mind without fail.


Flashback

“Welcome, Sir.”

Hyesung greeted the customer who came in really late, almost near the closing time. There were not that many breads and cakes and he wondered if the customer still could find the one he liked to have or not. By the way, he found the customer really tall and handsome. He was not like every common person that Hyesung met everyday.

“Well,… I want to order a birthday cake…You accept the order here?”

“Of course, Sir. But you have to place an order at least two days in advance because we don’t have many staff here.”

“Oh….but my niece’s birthday is tomorrow and I’d like to have the cake by tomorrow evening. Impossible?”

“Ah….Can I know what kind of cake would you like?”

“Ummmm….she really likes white chocolate. So, I think white chocolate one will do.”

“Ok…it’s a little rush…but…I think you come here for the first time and it’s for your niece’s birthday. So, I’ll accept the order, Sir. Please take it as a special service and if you come here next time, I’ll be really glad.”

“Oh…thank you! Don’t worry. I’ll come and buy breads and cakes only here from now on.”

“Thank you, Sir. Ah…can I know your name, please? I want to note it down in the order list.”

“Oh, the name’s Eric. And….can I know your name, too? Cause I’ll be the regular customer here and I think I should know your name…that’s why…”

“Ahhh….Hyesung. Shin Hyesung.”


Hyesung felt a pair of arms snaking around his waist and he let out a small chuckle even without turning his head to know who the owner of those arms is.

“Sung-ah, what are you thinking? You seem happy.”

“Nothing special.”

“No. It’s not like nothing special. What makes you happy like this? Just the thought of it….”

“Eric-ah, isn’t it obvious? Of course, it’s you. Just recalling the first meeting with you.”

“Ah…hah… a handsome customer ordering a birthday cake and a cute bakery owner accepting the order… in the late evening….Wow…the scene must really look romantic.”

“Eric, you! Call me cute again? And what’s romantic? Just an annoying customer giving a problem at such late time….”

“But now who fell in love with that problematic customer?”

“You sly mikkulaji! It’s only a month and now you’ve become that arrogant…”

Hyesung gave a glare and a small pout towards Eric who welcomed them with a sweet peck on Hyesung’s pout.

“And you tell me not to call you cute, Sung-ah. I will surely die if you do this so often. So many skipping heartbeats…”

“You and your sweet words….Let go of me, Eric-ah….I have to put the cake in the fridge.”

“Ok…my cutie Sungie…”

Eric received another glare from Hyesung before he put the cake in the refrigerator. Then, the couple heard the footsteps towards the small kitchen.

“Hey, you lovebirds! Done with lovey-doveying?”

There appeared a short yet handsome guy with a wide grin. Lee Minwoo, the best friend and an employee of Hyesung.

“Minwoo-ah, why you come on your off day?”

Hyesung asked while starting to rub the dirty counter with tissues and Eric began to help his boyfriend.

“Hyesung-ah, I maybe stupid but I still remember that tomorrow, it’s been a month you guys started being lovebirds….Should we call it monthsary?”

“So?”

“So, you guys should have some bonding time tonight as a pre-celebration and you, Shin Hyesung, will have to stay at home tomorrow because of lack of sleep and who knows, maybe a little pain?”

“Yah, Lee Minwoo!”

Hyesung’s face became deep red while Eric chuckled with a little shyness rubbing his neck.

“So, as a good friend and a good employee, I’ll take the responsibility of preparing for tomorrow and managing the bakery tomorrow. Just put your trust on me and don’t you even dare to put your foot here tomorrow! Understand?”

“Minwoo-ah, thank you.” For the first time since Minwoo entered, Eric let out his voice with a light hug to the short guy.

“Lee Minwoo, don’t mess up with the customers and orders…..and…”

“Oh…Nagging Hyesung is back! Eric, what do you like about this guy, huh? Please take this guy away from in front of my eyes! Seriously, you two, just go home!”

“Thanks again, Minwoo,” said Eric while dragging Hyesung, who was trying to kick Minwoo, out of the kitchen.

“Hey, I don’t want to hear you just had dinner and cuddled on your special day. You need more than that!”

Minwoo’s loud voice followed by a heartily laugh came from the kitchen while the couple were pulling the door to exit.

“Oh, that brat!”

Hyesung cursed in a low voice but Eric could see a happy yet a little shy glow in Hyesung’s eyes. He automatically smiled seeing the cute image of his shy but kind of excited and nervous boyfriend. He, too, felt a tint of nervousness although he believed they would have the best time of their lives.

“Eric-ah, what’s our plan tonight?”

Hyesung’s words cut his thoughts and Eric saw a pair of glistening eyes full with expectations looking at him while walking hand in hand.

“Ah…I’ll cook you spaghetti and we’ll have a small candle lit dinner…..and…ah…I forgot....I’ve got that DVD you want to watch…so we’ll watch it together lying on your couch and then….”

“Then….?”

Eric thought if Hyesung was really innocent or he was just acting up. But, he had a sudden urge to make his boyfriend’s face red again.

“Then, maybe we’ll end up kissing for a few minutes before making out and….and….later, I don’t know…the bed or the couch?….although the bed will be more comfortable, I think….”

“Yah, you ert! What….what are you saying on public?”

“Don’t say you’re not expecting this, Sung-ah!”

Eric shouted while running away from Hyesung whose face was like a chili crab and a second later, the pedestrians saw a tall and slim guy chasing furiously after a well-built, handsome guy who was running like hell and shouting “I’m sorry”.