Acquainted Guy

Still Into You

A/N: Here we go again, everybody! Firstly, I want to tell you that I am not creating a song-appreciated oneshots collection. I’m not that smart and creative…:P Actually, I’m at writing description for each of my oneshots and I want to have a place that I can post whenever I have an urge to write those oneshots *maybe gibberish thoughts?* instead of scattering them around… But, for this time, it’s also an inspiration from the song “Acquainted Guy” by our legends…seriously, that song gives me a sad and kinda pathetic vibe whenever I listen to it…*sobs* I always wanted to write something related to it since the first time I saw the lyrics…and now Mission Complete! :D This time I wrote it from Eric’s POV…Hope you can enjoy...


 

The moment I saw you,

I fell for you…

The moment I ran into you at the café,

I went blank…

 

I usually don’t have the habit to go to cafes but I am still glad and thankful that I did go to that café on that day because of the appointment with one of my friends.

Because I met you for the first time there…

I never believed the love at first sight and even thought that it only exits in dramas and movies. However, you broke that stubborn attitude of me just with the first glimpse at you.

I fell in love with you completely…

It was like you and I were alone in that café, blurring out any other things and people around us.

You were sitting there, enjoying your coffee, chatting with someone, sometimes chuckling and smiling.

I could really feel you glowing with some kind of warm light…

Fortunately, my friend knows you and introduced me to you.

“I’m Shin Hye Sung. Nice to meet you.”

Since that time, I decided that I would make you mine.

 

There’s another guy next to you

Someone who isn’t me

You will probably tell him

You love him…

 

Being in the same field of professionals, God gave me a chance to be acquaintance with you in a short time. Not very close friends, of course.

But, still, it is a step forward to have you…

Without you knowing, I started following you after your work.

Can it be called stalking?

You walk, go grocery shopping, borrow books in library, drink with friends…

I followed you everywhere.

Everything had been fine until…

Until I saw you with him…

You Meeting him beside Han river at midnight…and he grasping your hand and interlocking fingers…

That only means one thing…

You are in the secret relationship with him…

With the other man that is not me…

 

But I don’t care,

I don’t care, I won’t back down

Because of the guy next to you…

 

After that night, my obsession with you became severe. Everything I did and thought ended up in thoughts of you.

I felt a pang in my heart to see you with a person that is not me but at the same time, I felt relieved because at first, I had not been sure how you would respond to man-man relationship.

But, after I knew you are attracted to men, I granted myself that I have a chance.

A chance that I will never let go…

I will not back down. Nothing can hold me down.

Because I am ready to sell my soul to the devil if I can claim your heart…

 

It’s ok if they curse at me

If I can have you,

If I can steal you,

I can do anything…

 

Before I met you, the most disgusting type of human being for me had been the one who hit on a person, still knowing that that person’s heart has already been owned.

However, I turned into that kind of person because of you.

I no longer care about others’ opinions. I am no longer afraid to show my affection to you.

I ignore your couple ring on your left hand. I ignore your hints that you already have someone. I ignore your refusals to meet me becoming frequent.

Because I can withstand them…

No… I have to withstand them…

Because I swore to God since the day one that…

If I can have you, I will even go to hell willingly…

 

The place where you need to be is

Right next to me…

Even though you got a boyfriend

I don’t care…

 

I saw the tiredness in your a little puffed eyes and the bruises under the rims of your sleeves even though how much you were trying hard to hide them.

I screamed in my head though no word came out from my lips.

What was happening?

How could he hurt you, a jewel like you?

No. He does not know the value of the presence of you, the being of you.

The place beside me is always vacant. Why can’t you see?

Why are you pushing me and keeping a distance from me?

I did not care and…I am not going to care…

I am not going to care that you got a so-called boyfriend…

 

You are shaken up by me too

Your eyes tell me…

 

Out of blue, you called me and invited me to drink together. While drinking silently, you suddenly gave me a look longing for something. A look that was telling me to save you, to embrace you.

But it disappeared in a blink and you turned back to the normal you, acting like you were drunk.

Although I already knew that look was genuine, free from any clouds of being drunk…

You can open up to me…lean on my shoulders when you get tired or fed up with that hopeless relationship…count on me to make you smile…let me take the responsibility of protecting your fragile heart…

I already made this obvious to you since the beginning…

But still why you can’t?

 

Let me be your new man

He doesn’t suit you

You don’t really love him either…

 

I can see that you are just sticking with him because you once loved him. You just do not want to admit that you have already been fall out of love with him.

Because you are afraid to be judged that you left him because you found a new love…

Because you are insecure to let yourself start from the beginning with another new man…

But…

That new man can promise you to keep you unharmed from the judgments…

That new man can promise you to make you fall in love with him again and again till the end…

That new man can promise you to love you all his heart out…

 

Can you at least give me a chance?

 

Because I no longer want to be just an acquainted guy to you…