Study

Still Into You

A/N: This one is as a compensation for my readers for making them down with the previous depressing oneshot. The idea is from the latest song of Stellar, Study. Tbh, I am not the fan of toe-wiggling cute songs of girl groups….but this song gives a different feeling to me…I fell in love with it since the first time I heard and I also love the lyrics….So, why don’t make an oneshot based on it??? XD Please enjoy and comment if you can, neh??? <3


“Come on, Pilkyo-ah….It’s not a big deal….”

What? It’s not a big deal??? How is it not a big deal if a guy who confessed me keeps asking me to sleep over at his home to do our project instead of doing it in the library after school???

“I already told you no. Are you deaf?”

“Just this once, Pilkyo-ah…”

“Mun Jung Hyuk! Don’t make me mad if you want to do the project with me!”

“……”  

“Come to the library after school and DON’T BE LATE!

“Ok….”

I feel a little guilty seeing his darkened face before leaving him behind in the school corridor. No….I can’t be like that…He is a creature that you can’t put your guard down around him. Then, he will use his pretty tricks and lead you to the wrong path….like a loach….

Mun Jung Hyuk is that kind of person. During these months after his confession towards me, he has been trying one way after another to trick me or as he always says, to fall for him. But, there is no way that I will fall for a guy who suddenly got into our school like wind as a transfer student six months ago and told me he had fallen for me only after two weeks of being friends. For him, it seems like the most natural thing on the earth to like a guy in two weeks but for me, thank you, I am not that easy.

I was actually too shocked to hear a confession from him. Not because I do not like guys or I am homophobic. Since I knew there are different ual preferences, I decided to love as my heart tells me, not according to gender. Moreover, before that loach, there are a few guys who seemed to have a crush on me and who even asked me out. But, I did not take them that much seriously and they, too, somehow got over me. At that time, I was shocked because of his bold and kind of stupid thoughts like I will accept him easily after his confession and he only needed to ask me if I can go out with him.

Did he think he can get me with that kind of slight efforts?

NO WAY!

He did not even know what kind of person I am and it seems he still doesn’t. At least, he should learn about me and what I want. But he is still throwing himself to me without thinking much. During these times, whenever I ask why he likes me or why he has fallen for me, his answer is always “Cause you are cute”, “Cause you are born to be loved” or the one I hate most, “Cause you are mine since the beginning”. He is being that much thoughtless and still hoping that I will trust my heart with him. What a loach!

Maybe it seems like I am playing hard to get but the truth is once I fall for someone, I will never turn back but go straight till the end like a comet. So, I cannot give my trust to any random person and I must be careful before falling for someone. In the case of Jung Hyuk, I know he has a kind heart and a loving mind in spite of being stupid and strange most of the time. But, we have not known each other for a long time and I still do not have any idea on what he has in the deepest side of his heart. What if he is just playing with my feeling? What if he is just hitting on me like trying some kind of lottery for fun?

But…….

Maybe…….

Maybe after some time, in the future, if he will still be like now, following me around and poking my feelings, I will end up falling for him, who knows?


“Yah! I told you not to be late. Now look at your watch. What time is it now?”

“Pilkyo-ah, I’m just late for 15 minutes. Don’t be that strict.”

“Shut up! Take out your notes…Hurry up. We don’t have that much time left.”

“Ok….”

We start working on our project and without us knowing, it has already been dark when we finish it.

“Ahhhh….at last, it’s done! Jung Hyuk-ah, pack your things. Let’s go home.”

“Pilkyo-ah, can I walk you home?”

I do not reply back but just stay silent. Actually, I always insist not to walk me home but this time, I am too tired to argue with him and as I refused violently the idea of sleeping over at his home, I let it pass as a kind of sympathy. Only for this time.

He understands my hint and grins like an idiot as always. He is really a loach…..

We walk side by side in silence until his voice appears.

“Pilkyo-ah…”

“Hmm….”

“Can I request you something?”

“Shoot.”

“Don’t be so mean to me, please.”

I am kind of caught off guard because of his straightforward plead. I give a blank look at him before he goes on.

“You already know I love you. I am your admirer, not your enemy. It’s not like I’m trying to hurt you or make something bad to you. I know you still don’t like me back…but…at least…. can’t you go easy with me?”

“Jung Hyuk-ah…”

“I know sometimes I am annoying and kinda act like a spoiled brat but…it’s because I want some attention from you instead of following you around silently….”

Hearing his words, I feel like a mean kid who bullies an innocent kid who wants to be friends.

Aish…he is making me feel guilty again….

We keep on walking in awkward and silent mode until we reach in front of my house.

“Here we are. Good night, Pilkyo-ah! See you tomorrow.”

“Just a little bit more…”

“Um…..What did you say?”

“A little bit more, Jung Hyuk-ah. You have to try a little bit more.”

“……..”

“Try to know me. Learn about me. Study my likes and dislikes. And don’t act like a loach using tricks.”

“Pilkyo-ah…”

“Come to me just with your genuine feelings. Try when you still have a chance to win me. Will you?”

He just looks at me with a blank expression before his lips start to curl upwards forming a big smile.

“Of course. I will.”

“If so, good luck and…..”

“and?”

“Fighting, Jung Hyuk-ah.”