Goodbye

Devil's Pride

Seoul 2013

Yoona hurriedly made her way to Incheon airport as her brother had told her to do. She had nothing but the clothes on her back, her plane ticket, and her wallet.

This is the only way we can all be happy, Yoona thought. She quickly searched for her plane gate and hurriedly found her way to the first class section of the aircraft. She found her seat and her dozziness slowly began to overtake her until someone gently poked her shoulder.

"Hey", a deep voice said.

Yoona opened her eyes and saw the familiar figure she did not want to see again. As she tried to move seats ,his hand sternly wrapped around her slender wrist.

"What are you here Kai?", she asked in an exhausted voice.

"I was going to ask you the same thing."

"Why should I tell you? You murdered Yuri and Minho."

A pained look came across his face as she mentionned that he had murdered not one but two innocent victims.

"I didn't mean to. You know that."

"But you meant to kill me", she turned to him.

"I- I did."

"Was it because of revenge?"

"Yes and no."

"What do you mean?"

"I wasn't joking when I told you that I wanted to make our dream come true.", he mumbled as his soft brown eyes stared into her cold ones.

"Kim Jongin, you killed my friends. You tried to kill me. How am I supposed to trust you?", she asked.

"I wasn't going to kill you. I I- I just, I got jealous."

Yoona raised an eyebrow. "Jealous?"

"I was jealous because Xi Luhan had Im Yoona, the most talented and beautiful girl I've ever met wrapped around his finger. I was jealous because you loved him back, the selfish, ignorant bastard that was  going to stab you in the back. I genuinely like you Im Yoona. No, I fell inlove with you the very first time I saw you. I came back to South Korea to take down the Im franchise and destroy everything that was important and valuable to him, your father. But then I saw you. I saw you dance and I felt your pain. I thought we had something in common so I finally thought about abandonning my plan. Then you rejected me. You said you would give up ballet for Luhan. I was confused and enraged at your answer. Why would someone give up their ultimate dream for someone else? The answer was so obvious. It was love. You loved, no love him.", Kai smiled.

"I guess something inside my kind of broke after realized that. I asked myself what I was doing the past 15 years; to plan revenge and find happiness or to kill innocent people and destroy their happiness? I'm so screwed up Yoona. What the am I supposed to now?", he continued as tears streamed down his frail cheekbones.

He waited for Yoona's respone but she remained slient in her seat as she looked at the crying boy. Finally, after what it had seemed like an eternity, Yoona spoke.

"What I did was a mistake. I shouldn't have chosen love over my passion. Love gave me tempory happiness but dancing gave me infinite euphoria. Sehun gave me a last chance to make my dream come true Kai. I realized that I can find love again but passion, I can't. If I can move on, so can Luhan."

"What- I-I did. I know it's unforgivable b-but can you let Yuri and Minho know that I'll live with this pain for the rest of my life.", the younger boy began to sob unontrollably.

"I- I will."

"Yoona. We-we have to get off this plane. We have something to do.", Kai suddenly said.

"What are you talking about?"

"Just come on.", Kai muttered as he grabbed her hand and ran off the plane.

***

Luhan sprinted to Incheon airport, hoping to be on time to stop Yoona from leaving. He anxiously scratched his golden hair as his eyes searched everywhere for her until he saw two familiar figures walking towards him.

"Yoona? Kai?"

"Kai, what are we doing? Our plane already left!", Yoona hissed.

"I'm turning myself in.", Kai sheepishly smiled.

"So was this your plan the entire time?"

"I'm afraid so."

"Noona!"

The three of them turned to see Sehun running towards them.

"What the hell are you doing here? You were supposed to be on the plane!", he screeched.

"Perfect timing Oh Sehun.", Kai grinned.

"What the hell is going on?!", Luhan screamed.

"I'm turning myself in Mr. Xi. I plead guilty to the murders of Choi Minho and Kwon Yuri."

Sehun grabbed Kai's collar and screeched into his face,

"What about your revenge? I thought you were going to destroy me. Yoona. My family. Why are you being so bipolar?"

"Yoona taught me to change. She taught me that revenge would be a never ending cycle.", Kai nonchantly replied.

"Whatever.", Sehun barked as he began putting handcuffs around Kai's wrists.

"Wait. Before I go to jail and become a criminal and , I have one wish.", Kai annoucned.

"What is it?", the three others asked.

"I want a kiss from Yoona noona."

"You must be joking right?"

"No way in hell", Luhan growled as he wrapped his hand around Yoona's thin waist.

"Luhan, let me go. I'm not yours.", Yoona said as she slid out of Luhan's grasp.

"So what about it noona?", Kai winked.

"Kim Kai, No Kim Jongin, you murdered my  two bestfriends and almost ruined my family's business and threatened to kill me. But yes. Why? Because you made me realize what was really important. Because you gave me a second of warmth and happiness. For a second, I can say I loved you.", Yoona gently smiled as she crashed her lips in Kai's. He wrapped his left hand around her slender waist and carrassed her silky raven locks as he deepened the kiss.

Hey guys. I am so sorry for not updating this fic any earlier LOL I've just been really caught up in school and stress but now it's summer break so I can update more. This story is getting to complex and cliché for my taste like it actually really so I'm sorry to all the reader who's been patiently waiting for the new chapters. Ok I'll do a quick anaylsis if some of you have difficulty understanding what's going on.

Basically, Yoona's just this broken piece of china because she's shocked from her friends' murder to her father's malicious past. Her "first" love for Luhan kind of faded as you can see as the chapters go on. I guess you can say, she's not this little girl who relies on love and her prince charming. She's realizing the world is a darker and more evil, especially in the high class society she lives in. Jongin's love confession made her realize that it wasn't love that she was searching for, but it was her passion, which has been beside her all this time.

Luhan. Oh Luhan. He is one complex and bipolar character. I actually regret that I made him so complicating. He's the character who's trapped in the high class society. He cares a lot of money and power, and that sometimes gets in the way of what he's really seeing. In other words, he knows Yoona love(d) him, but he doesn't realize that her love for him was real and that he loved her back until too late. He's kind of a coward if you ask me LOL.

Lastly KIM JONGIN. UGH. The main reason Jongin came back to Korea was to kill Mr. Im and destroy and Im franchise. But a part of him change when he met Yoona and saw her love for Luhan. Kai is the type of person who never really experienced love or any warmth because well his family was murdered when he was young. But it's ironic due to the reason that he gave Yoona friendliness and warmth that she needed. I can say for sure that he fell in love with Yoona because he thought they were similiar. They were both suffering and had a strong passion for dance. He's like the tragic character likes Brutus in Julius Caesar.