Twist

Devil's Pride

Seoul 2013 

"Then lets go downstairs. Do this for our parents." she choked.

"Of course. Darling." he sneered.

Luhan fixed his white collared shirt and ran his hand through his golden hair. As soon as Yoona heard his footsteps fad away she felt her legs give away as she collapsed on the wooden floor.

How could someone be so cruel? He was mocking me. Yoona thought. When she finally had the strength to stand she felt a stinging pain from her left eye. A strange amber liquid dripped onto her palm. Blood.  She couldn't let her parents see this. She quickly covered her eye to somehow stop the excessive bleeding. 

"Noona! Father's home! What are you-" Sehun began to scold.

"What the ... What happened?!" he screeched.

"I'm fine... I just ran into a wall." she mumbled.

"Did Luhan did this?! How dare he! Lets tell mother and father right now!" he continued as he grabbed her thin arm.

"Sehun ah, Luhan didn't do this. It was my fault. Please don't say anything to anyone." 

"Noona! Why are you lying to me?! Explain to me?!" the younger stubbornly replied.

"I- I have my ballet practice right now. I promise I'll tell you the truth after I return. Cover for me." 

"You're crazy! You have to go to the hospital! You're loosing too much blood!" 

"I'll do that too." She sheepishly smiled.

Then she embraced her brother. He was the only one who ever understood her passion for ballet. He was the only one she could trust. 

"Thank you." she quivered.

"I'll always believe in you noona." he smiled. 

"I have to go now. I'll see you later." she grabbed her bag and headed down to the main floor. 

She ignored the people at the dining room who were staring at her incredulously. But her mind was only focused on getting to the dance academy. It was the closest to her idea of paradise. No one would judge her there. They all shared the same dream and worked together to achieve them.

Yoona always wanted to be a prima ballerina. A one who would be internationally known and would perform in the most prestige dance stages. She was an extremely skilled dancer. She had very advanced techniques and an unique style that had managed to get her accepted to South Korea's most elite dance academy. But she had a long way to go. This was just the beginning. 

She was famously known as the "genius". Her jumps and spins were absolutely perfect but there was one thing that made many fall in love with her dancing. It was the emotion she put in it. Her world revolved around ballet. 

When she reached the building she was greeted by Jung Soojung, another dancer. Even though Soojung was younger than Yoona they were still very close. They were often known as the "twins". 

"Yoona unnie! Oh my god what happened to your eye?!" the younger one demanded.

"I got into an accident. But I'm fine." Yoona interjected.

"B-but-"

"I'm fine. I need to go practice." she continued.

"Wait Madam Lee told all the students to-" Soojung babbled. But her other half was already no where to be seen.

"Aish unnie! Why are you stubborn!" 

Yoona made it to room 143. Her regular practice room. She opened to door and entered the room. The building was renovated just a few years ago so all the practice rooms were very modern, with the cherry wood floors and a full length mirror that extended to all four walls. She threw her massive tote bag to the side and plugged in the CD player. Beethoven's sonata no.14 in C- sharp began to play. 

Ahh. Moonlight sonata. Her body immediately reacted to the music. She was completely concentrated on the music. As she danced her mind began playing the day's earlier events. Luhan taking a strike at her pride, Luhan slapping her, telling her she was worthless, ballet was a waste of time. It hurt her. Tears escaped her eyes, blood dripped onto her white leotard but she couldn't have care less. All the sadness and regret from her soul was let out onto her dance. It was simply magnificent. 

"So you must be Im Yoona" a deep voice asked.

She abruptly turned around to face the owner of the voice. 

"Who are you?" she questioned.

"My name is Kim Jongin. I'm the transfer student from France. I'm your designated dance partner. I heard lots about you."  

She started back at the man. He was very handsome. He had a muscular face and a tan complexion. He looked built and lanky. His lips wore a boyish smile. 

"Oh... I wasn't informed of this." she stuttered.

"I think your friend Soojung was supposed to tell you." he chuckled.

Soojung had definitely tried to tell her something before. She regretted for not listening. 

"Shall we start practicing now Jongin shi?" she asked.

"Maybe we should patch that eye of yours first." he mused.

He open his black messenger bag and pulled out a portable first aid kit. He opened a gauze and medical tape and gently placed it over Yoona's eye.

"Thank you Jongin shi." She murmured.

"You don't need to call me that. You're four years older than me anyways." Jongin grinned.

"What?" she replied shockingly.

"You ask so many questions Yoona noona. Can I call you that?" he snickered.

"Just call me Yoona." she answered.

"Really? Then could you call me Kai?" 

"Of course." 

"You dance beautifully Yoona. I watched your whole performance back there. You have excellent technique and rhythm. But you're lacking power. Try to extend your leg more when you do to Grand Pas, and add a little more spin when you go in for the Grand Jete." he replied with a smile.

Yoona was amazed that he was capable of analyzing even the littlest detail of her dance. She was completely flabbergasted. 

"Well we should start practicing."  he boomed. 

"Let's go." she added.

Hey readers! It's cutiechoi! Did you guys like the plot so far? I really wanted to make chapter 2 longer but my IPad keeps erasing my writing if I write any longer. Luhan is very uh evil here isn't he? He doesn't want to get married to Yoona because he thinks she's weak and stuff but he doesn't want to cancel the engagement. It's pretty obvious that Luhan doesn't like her or seem attracted to her at all. But he'll change in the upcoming chapters. Yoona, may seem weak here but she's actually not. She hides a completely different personality but its shown when she challenges Luhan in the first chapter. But I want to say she's not manipulative or scheming at all. I just wanted you guys to know Yoona's actually so much stronger as she is portrayed as. Jongin is also introduced in this chapter. He seems kind towards Yoona because he's attracted to her in someway. Maybe it's her dancing. He is a bit like Luhan but also different. You'll see what I mean in the next chapter or so. I wanted to add supporting characters so you may see more SM artists. I hope you enjoy reading my story:)