Melancholy

Devil's Pride

Seoul 2013

"Noona, wait!"

Yoona let out a sigh and turned to face the owner of the voice.

"Sehun ah, I have to go." the older sibling whispered.

"I need to tell you something. It's urgent." Sehun exclaimed.

"Then tell me."

"I- I can't here. Let's go inside and I'll tell you ev-"

"I don't have the time right now-"

"It's about our company." he murmured.

Yoona suddenly felt her blood run cold. She knew how important J.Y. Fashion was to her family. But business meant blood and money. Back door deals were always made in order to raise their stocks and others were always hungry for her father's seat. 

"Is the news bad?" Yoona wimpered.

"Taeha rejected our offer to sponsor us." Sehun cringed.

"What?! Then what's our next option?" 

"Xi. Xi Entreprise."

"But-"

"Don't worry noona. I'll marry Xi Krystal so you don't have to marry Luhan." 

"What about Suilli?!"

"I have to break up with her."

"You can't!"

"This is the only way-"

"What about Marciel and Briel?"

"Never. Do you know what father did to them?!" Sehun screamed.

"Calm down-"

"He murdered CEO Kim's wife and daughter. I think the cause was something personal."

Yoona blinked. Her kind, loving father had killed someone. No, that was impossible. She couldn't believe it. 

"That's impossible." Yoona finally managed to say.

"I couldn't believe it either at first but when I confronted father about it... he's a disgusting man noona, but I'm not sacrificing the company for his crime."

"Then- then why is Kim Jongin here?" she trembled.

"Probably for revenge. He's cunning and intelligent. Stay away from him."

"H- how did you know about this?"

"I'm an investigator noona. Of course I would know about this." 

"I- I'll marry Luhan. You should just focus on finding Kim Jongin's true motive." 

"I can't let you marry that ." Sehun sheepishly smiled.

"I'm doing this for J.Y. Fashion."

"We can't let anyone know about this. I'm not letting my father lead another bloodshed."

"Got it."

"Are you coming back to the party?" Sehun questioned.

"I guess I have to let Luhan shi know that I'll marry him." Yoona sadly smiled.

"I'm sorry noona." he added.

Yoona nodded as she fixed her dark curls and locked arms with her brother. Her eyes searched until she found Luhan leaning against one of the maple trees near the pond. He seemed to be daydreaming. She took a deep breath and began to walk towards him.

"I used to like this girl before." Luhan suddenly blurted.

"She seemed perfect in every single way. Looks, intelligence, and etc., but that's not why I liked her. She had this magnificent smile that just made you instantly happy. My only friend had died before I met her, so I was pretty sad. But she would grab my hand and say "Don't be sad. I'll be your friend." and kiss me on my cheek. I went home with a smile that stretched up to my eyes and waited for my brother to come home so I could tell him about my new friend. You know what he told me? He said she was a gold digger and was just being nice to me because I was flithy rich. And I actually believed him. Then I became a casanova because I loved to idea of using girls and throwing them away like trash. 10 years later, I met the girl again. She was still beautiful as I remembered her to be and her kindness was unimaginable. Instead of embracing her and blabbering about how much much I missed her, I slapped her. I told her she was unworthy and useless. God. I was such an . You should've seen the horrified look on her face. She probably thought I was a monster." Luhan laughed.

"Did- did you regret it?" Yoona stuttered.

"Of course I didn't. I knew what my brother said was true."

"Then what was her name? The girls'?" she continued.

"Im Yoona."

"It... was...me?" Yoona felt tears threatening to overflow. 

"Take a guess." Luhan smirked.

She had never felt pain. It was as if he had staked her without any mercy. The wet mositure from her eyes had already ruined her makeup but she didn't care. He wasn't the Luhan she knew. The Luhan she used to love. He was Satan.

"Marry me, Xi Luhan." she cried.

The evil smirk on Luhan disappeared. 

"What?" he was flabbergasted.

"Marry me."