Shadow

Devil's Pride

Seoul 2013

"Marry me." Yoona courageously demanded as she wipped her tears away.

"I know what you're doing." Luhan sneered.

"You're doing this to save J.Y. Fashion. For money." he continued.

"L-Luhan, this is different. I never wanted your money. I'm a chaebol heiress, I-"

"Rich people always want more. It disgusts me."

"You're being a hypocrite. Don't you live for money?" she confided.

"Of course I do. I want it all. But you weren't always rich. Your father climbed to reach the top. He bribed and plotted against his superiors. He's scheming, just like you." he snarled.

"I-"

"I don't even want to look at you anymore. To think that I liked such a ."

"Y-you t-think I-I'm a b-?" Yoona squeaked.

"Are you deaf? You're a . The flithiest of rats." he cackled as he took a sip of champagne.

Luhan sighed as he turned to leave. 

"I loved you Xi Luhan. I would've loved you even if you were poor, a beggar, or an orphan. Why? Because you always made my heart flutter and my checks flush the colour of crimson. And- and I'll wait for the real Xi Luhan to return. Because he promised me he would comeback and find me." the girl screamed.

He stopped in his tracks. 

"I'm not marrying you Im Yoona." he replied, without a hint of emotion in his voice.

Luhan left without a second glance at the poor girl, who broke down into painful cries. He wasn't the same Xi Luhan anymore. He was the cold, ruthless business man who never gave a about the idea of 'love'. He climbed inside his pearl white audi and slammed his head onto the steering wheel. Why was his heart pounding by Yoona's words? They're all lies. Luhan thought. He wouldn't let Yoona be a hindrance. She was trash, after all.

***

"Yoona, oh my god! What the hell happened to you?!" Yuri yelled. She opened her front door to only find a drunk bestfriend.

Yoona's face had paled and her innocent doe eyes were heavily swollen from crying. Her black eye liner and lip stick had smudged by the tears and her once glossy chocolate brown hair had become frizzy looked like a brids' nest. She was still wearing her party dress, which reaked of vodka and whiskey.

"I'm aaa biitchhh," Yoona slurred.

"Shut up. Minho! Help me!" Yuri groaned as she dragged Yoona to her leather sofa. 

A groggy, half asleep Minho emerged from the stairs. He scratched his bedhead as he approached the two ladies.

"Yoona's drunk?" Minho grinned.

"Yuri unnie, am I trash?" 

"Yoona ah, why are you asking?" Yuri curiously asked.

"So I am." Yoona drunkly chuckled as tears escaped once again.

"Noona, why are you crying? Did something happen at the party?" Minho ushered.

"I'm ing trash. I'm a ing gold digger." Yoona snickered.

"Who told you that?! Was it Xi Luhan? That , I'm going to ing murder him for hurting you!" Yuri screamed.

"He's right unnie. I deserve this pain." 

"What the noona?! Are you just going to let that win?! You're supposed to fight back! You don't deserve this at all!" Minho screeched.

"Minho's right. You can't just let-"

"So I just defend myself and J.Y Fashion, the company my father took with his bloody hands?" Yoona wept.

"W-what? What do you mean 'bloody hands'?" Yuri stuttered.

"My father killed Marcel and Briel investment CEO's wife and daughter." 

"You're not serious." Minho mumbled.

"The son came back from overseas to take revenge." Yoona drunkly continued.

"No... I can't believe this." Minho ranted.

"It's Kim Jongin."

"What?!" Minho and Yuri scoffed.

"He's going to kill my family, then take down J.Y. Fashion."

"We're not going to let him even touch you." Yuri countered.

"That's what best friends do right?" Minho said as he cracked a sheepish grin.

Minho and Yuri embraced the broken girl as the night continued.

***

"Jongin, I don't think I can be your dance partner anymore." Yoona croaked as she played with the hem of her leotard.

"Why is that?" he asked, in shock.

"Minho requested me to be his dance partner for the time being." she uneasily replied.

"You know, don't you." Jongin replied, suddenly stiff and serious.

"I don't know what you're talking about." she said as she turned to leave. But he managed to grab her wrist before she could escape.

"Stop lying and say it to my face!" he sneered as he pushed her against the wall of the dance studio.

"My father's a murderer." 

"You know more!" he spat.

"You've returned for revenge. To wipe out my family and crush J.Y Fashion to pieces." she confessed.

Jongin's face suddenly softened. He knew he shouldn't be taking his anger onto her. She was hurting as much as he was.

"So what are you going to do since you know?" he uttered.

"Nothing." 

"What?" 

"My father deserves it. Our company won't last long either. Luhan's planning to take it anyways. I have no interest in defending my father or J.Y Fashion anymore."

"You really are something." Jongin smirked.

"Don't hurt Sehun. Please." Yoona pleaded.

"I can't gurantee that. He's a prosecutor. He might protect your father and cover up all his crimes." he hissed.

"He won't. I'll make sure he doesn't. Please." 

"Your father killed my mother and my sister. So why should I spare your brother?"

"B-because. He deserves a future. Kill me instead." Yoona insisted.

"So you're giving your life away to save his?"

"Yes."

"I'll spare your brother. But I won't kill you either."

"Then what's your condition?" she asked suspiciously.

"Marry me. Marry me and I'll kill your parents and take J.Y. Fashion and make you mine."