The beginning

Devil's Pride

Seoul 2013 

"Yoona, we're meeting your fiancée and his family tonight. You should get ready - it's almost time." Mrs. Im called. 

"Yes mother." 

This is it. Yoona thought. Her parents have been planning her engagement for over a decade and all of it lead to today. She sighed as she opened her  enormous closet and scrambled to choose a dress that declared itself feminine and mature. After hours of searching she finally settled for a creamy white chiffon dress that ended above her knees. As she was finishing her light makeup a head popped infront of her open bedroom door.

"Noona!" 

"Sehun ah? I'm getting ready. You have to knock first." the older girl giggled. 

"Sorry, but this is my house too." 

"So what do you want?"

"I just wanted to see my beautiful sister before she gets engaged. Is it that big of a deal?" Sehun sheepshily smiled.

"Thanks Sehun ah." 

"Who's your fiancée anyway? I heard he's Chinese." 

"Xi Luhan. That's his name." 

"I don't really trust him noona." 

"You don't even know him personally. How can you say that?" 

"Because... I heard rumours. I heard he's violent. Watch your back sis." 

"Don't worry about me. Oh it's almost time! Lets go downstairs." 

Sehun could only nod as he enter locked his arms with Yoona's. They made their way downstairs and realized the Xi family were already there. 

"Ah this is my son Sehun and this is Yoona!" Mrs. I'm warmly greeted.

"Oh my you're exceptionally beautiful." Mrs. Xi answered.

"I hear you're the vice director at J.Y fashion. Your parents should be very proud of you." Mr. Xi added.

"I'm honoured to have you as my fiancé." a young man smirked as he kissed her hand. 

So this is the famous Xi Luhan. She thought. Sehun was right. This man was dangerous. He was incredibly handsome with his lanky figure and his godlike sculptured face. He had doll like eyes and his appearance almost seemed innocent. He has a lustful look in his eyes that only she could seem to read. It sent shivers down her spine.

"Thank you." she managed to reply.

"Yoona ah why don't you show Luhan around the house while we wait for your father to return from work?" her mother suggested.

"That would be a fantastic idea Mrs. Im." Luhan immediately replied before she could. 

"Well then. Yoona go on!" her mom urged.

Yoona hesitantly nodded as she mentioned Luhan to follow her upstairs.

They entered one of the many guest rooms and as Yoona began introducing the space to Luhan he suddenly pushed her onto the bed.

"You're weaker than I thought Im Yoona." he barked.

"What?" she was utterly shocked his sudden bipolar personality.

"I said you're weak. How could my parents pick someone like you to become my future wife. I'm disappointed. I've traveled all the way from Beijing to see this piece of trash. How ridiculous." he cackled.

"You're right. I am weak. I'm a piece of trash. You deserve someone better than I. So why don't you cancel the engagement now?"  she challenged. 

"Because you're useful. You can be my toy." he answered- his voice full of malice.

She looked up at him disgusted. 

"Is this some kind of joke?" 

"It's up to you." he winked. Then he abruptly jumped on Yoona's frail body. 

"What are you doing?!" Yoona shrieked as Luhan began kissing her earlobe.

"Fullfilling our parents wishes." 

Then he began caressing her body. Shockingly, Yoona did not fight back. 

"Why aren't you fighting back?" 

"Because if I'm going to hell, I'm dragging you down with me." she whispered.

Before Luhan could counter her she roughly pushed him off and fixed her garments. 

"Don't underestimate me honey." she breathed.

Luhan was awestruck. He had definitely underestimated her. 

"Lets be more mature at dinner shall we?" she sneered as she walked out of them room.

But Luhan was faster. He firmly grabbed her wrist and she spun towards him. 

"You're such a ." Luhan coldy whispered. Then he slapped her. Hard enough that the it made her left eye momentarily blind. Yoona staggered to regain her balance. 

"You're worthless. No wonder your parents want to get rid of you so quickly. You're a spoiled princess who's world revolves around prissy ballet." 

Yoona blinked. She held back her tears that were dangerously close from streamind down her cheeks. She had to be strong. 

"Is ballet that shameful?" she trembled.

"Ballet is mediocre. You wasted a quarter of your life on a worthless dance." 

"Perhaps I have. But I never regretted it." her voice cracked. The sadness was overpowering her.

"Do you even know how embarrassed I would be if I had a prima ballerina as my wife?" he screamed.

"Stop." 

"No you're a-"

"You can insult me later. Please." she begged.

"Whatever, you're not worth my time."