Fiction

Devil's Pride

Seoul 2013

"Kai, I can't." Yoona trembled.

"Are you choosing that Xi bastard over me?" 

"I'm so sorry." 

"You're going to regret this. I'll take everything you own Im Yoona." he sneered.

"Listen to me-"

"Why should I? I actually thought you were different from your father. Are you letting your personal feelings get in front of your duties?"

"I can't let you hurt Luhan or J.K. Fashion."

"You're still protecting him?! After all he's done to you?!" Jongin screeched.

"I am, because I love him." she admitted.

"What?" 

"I love him."

"Of course you do. Are you still going to love him when he doesn't return your feelings? He's a ruthless business man. He doesn't know what 'love' is. Why are you wasting your time on him?"

"He knows what love is. He's just... confused." she mumbled.

"Just don't keep running away from reality Yoona shi." Jongin hissed as he turned his back on her.

He started to make his way towars the door when he saw Luhan, who had been hearing their conversation the enitre time. The Chinese man sliently stood against the door with a shocked expression.

"You love me?" Luhan asked. Those words sounded so foreign on his lips. 

"Luhan?!" Yoona exclaimed as she turned to face him. 

"I said do you love me?" he repeated, with tears in his doe eyes.

"What if I do?! Will you hate me even more?! Are you going to call me a idioitic girl with foolish high school crush?" Yoona wept.

"I love you." The Chinese said, as tears cascaded onto his cheeks.

Now it was Yoona's turn to be surpirsed. The emotionless man she had always kept inside her heart said he loved her. She could only stare back, her eyes filled with pain.

"I'm sorry I couldn't say it earlier. I'm sorry I gave you so much pain, I-"

"Then why did you hurt her? Did you know how much tears she spilled because of you?" Jongin countered.

"I don't know. Maybe I was blinded by my greed for power and money. I hurt the person who loved me the most. I'll never be able to forget that." Luhan replied.

"I think it's sweet you confessed your undying love but you're a little too late." Jongin smirked.

Before Luhan could utter a reply Jongin grabbed for his pistol that was hidden behind his back and aimed it at Yoona.

"Kai, please don't do this." the girl pleaded as she collapsed onto the floor.

"Then what's your bargain?" 

"What do you mean?" she asked, dumbfounded.

"Don't play coy with me. I'm much more dangerous than Luhan."

"I'm not."

"It's either you or Luhan. Choose." 

Yoona's eyes were full of panic as she gazed at Luhan. He was helpless as he scrambled towards her.

"Stop!" two voices suddenly shouted.

Minho? Yuri? They barged into the dance studio and jumped on Jongin before he could pull the trigger.

But he did. Not once, but twiceHe had killed two hearts. The sound of the gunshot could only be heard. Yoona couldn't move. She felt like she was frozen in time. Everything had happened too fast.

"I-I" Jongin stuttered. He dropped the gun as he trembled with fear. He couldn't believe it. He had comitted a sin.

"Minho! Yuri!" Yoona screamed. 

Minho had been instantly killed. There wasn't a time to say goodbye. No one would know what his last words were. 

"Minho wake up! wake up! , this isn't funny!" she screamed. She knew too good herself that he was gone.

"Yoona ah..." a weak voice called.

"Yuri? Yuri ah!" 

Yuri laid in a pool of blood. 

"Unnie, you're going to be okay," Yoona cried.

"Idiot. I'm going to die," Yuri sadly smiled.

"Yoona, promise me something." she continued.

"We have to get you to a hospital." 

"Listen. Promise me you'll become a prima ballerina. Promise me you'll fall in love and have pretty kids. Promise me you'll never forget your bestfriends."

"I-I promise."

"I'll be watching you, from up there." Yuri smiled as she weakly pointed to the celling.

"Unnie-"

"Take care of my boy friend." Those were the final words of her bestfriend. Yoona never had the soul to tell her that Minho had died already and was waiting for her.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..." Luhan whispered as he embraced the broken angel in his strong arms.

"I lost both of my best friends today... How can you not be sorry?"

"I-" Luhan was at the loss of words. He could do nothing but pity his lover. 

"Because of my selfishness I lost two pecious people." Yoona continued.

"I- I didn't mean to-" Jongin's voice uttered.

"You killed them Kai." she countered, her voice full of malice.

"I- I did." he admitted.

"Then go. You don't deserve to be here."

Before Jongin could exit the studio doors Yoona's voice stopped him.

"Remember, the next time we meet again the guns will be faced at each other."