Chapter 2

I'm not a fangirl, I just act like one.

A week and a half later, the boys sat in a circle on the ground with a slowly decreasing pile of letters. They had gone through nearly seven-hundred of them, narrowing down the ones that they liked (generally meaning the girl seemed like she had lots of ageyo).

There was about seven letters left and J-Hope sighed, knowing that Ariel's letter wouldn't be in that stack.

"Cheer up, hyung. She could have a letter right here," Jung Kook said, pointing to the other letters.

Rap Monster grabbed the pile and handed a letter to each of the boys. "Alright, this is our last round," he mumbled, opening his envelope.

They all took a second to look at their letters, none really interested in anything these girls had to say and tossed them to the pile of letters.

"Um, hyung, you might want to read this," V told J-Hope, before tossing his own letter.

His eyes flared and he jumped across the circle, snatching the letter out of V's hand.

"Dear Bangtan Boys," he began reading aloud. "Do you remember me? Of course you don't... I only met J-Hope. Do you remember me, Hoseok? I wanted to see you guys again, since I was only able to see J-Hope at the fan signing, and I wasn't sure how until I got home and saw this contest! I know you're probably looking for a cute girl with lots of ageyo (I have none by the way), but I thought I would still take the chance... Thanks for reading, Jeon Ariel."

J-Hope's cheeks flushed and the guys .

"You are like madly in love with this girl that you only spoke with once!" Suga teased.

"Oh, shut up," J-Hope mumbled, covering his cheeks.

"I would say, 'Let's go through the ones we narrowed out to decide on a winner', but under the circumstances of little J-Hope over there, I think we should just let him have the decision..." Rap Monster said, looking around the circle.

The guys all nodded in agreement.

"Really? You guys would do that for me?" J-Hope said, a grin forming on his face.

The others laughed and nodded.

“You’re our brother, of course we would,” Jin said with a smile.

"You sound like a little boy who's about to ask out his first crush!" V teased.

"Yah," J-Hope defended. "At least I've had a girl confess to me."

The others laughed while V’s face turned red in embarrassment.

"So, are you going to call her?" Suga asked.

J-Hope blushed. "Should I?"

“No, you should just sit there and stare at the letter for all eternity,” Jung Kook said sarcastically.

“Ah, but I’m so nervous…” the other said, shaking in his skin.

"Yah, give me the letter so I can call her," Rap Monster said, reaching for the letter out of the elder’s hand.

J-Hope held the letter away from the latter. "Ani, ani, ani. I'll do it," he said, taking the phone out of his pocket and dialing the number that was listed on the letter.

 

(J-Hope’s POV)

I felt my heart skip a beat as it began ringing.

"Yeobosseo?" I heard her ask on the other line.

"I-is th-this J-j-jeon Ari-ariel?" I stuttered out.

Wow, way to go. Sounding all cool with your stutter?

I glanced around the room and saw that the guys were laughing their heads off at me and Jin was sneakily videotaping the conversation. Why? Why me?

I blushed and hid my face. Gosh this is so embarrassing…

"This is her mother. Who might this be?" the woman asked.

I gulped. She sounded really strict...

"M-my nam-name is J-Hope. I'm from the r-rookie hip-hop idol g-group, B-b-bangtan B-boys. Your daughter w-won a letter contest," I managed to say to the woman.

"Oh! Did she? I'll go get her so you can speak with her."

"Thank you."

After a moment of the boys continuously picking on me, the phone was given to Ariel.

"Yeobosseo?" she asked, her angelic voice chiming through the receiver.

"A-ariel?"

"This is she..." You could hear the confusion in her voice.

I swallowed and gulped down the stuttering. "This is J-Hope from Bangtan Boys."

I heard her gasp. "Omo! You're kidding right now, right?!" she squealed.

I grinned at the sound of excitement in her voice.

“No, I’m not.”

The girl squealed on the other line and I had to take the phone away from my ear for a second until she calmed down.

I looked at the other guys and gave them a thumbs up.

“Okay, okay. I’m done,” she said, cutely, “I just had a minor heart attack, that’s all.”

I laughed. “That’s alright. I’ve called to inform you that you won the letter contest.”

“I did?!” she squeaked, beginning to squeal again.

“Yes…” crap… what else do I say?

Namjoon could sense that I was in a moment of panic and ripped the phone out of my hand, putting it to his ear.

“Jeon Ariel-ssi?” he asked. “This is Kim Namjoon, Rap Monster. Congratulations on winning!”

The rest of the group joined in on saying congrats to her.

I heard her squealing all the way across the room and I smiled lightly.

Namjoon put her on speaker phone and the all laughed at the girl who was still having her ‘minor heart attack’.

“We want to take you out for the day,” Suga hung said.

No, I want to take her out for the day.

“Omo, is this Suga?” she asked.

“This is.”

She had yet another ‘minor heart attack’. Gosh, this girl couldn’t get any cuter. Didn’t she say she didn’t have any ageyo?

“Okay, I’m all better,” she said, obviously smiling. “You-you guys are going to take me out for the day? When?”

“Is tomorrow okay? We’re about to be really busy,” Namjoon said.

“D-deh, tomorrow is fine…”

“Bring a friend!” JiMin yelled into the speaker.

We all looked at him.

“Since when were we bringing two girls?” Jin whispered so Ariel couldn’t hear him.

“Since I didn’t want us to ruin Hoseok’s little date and we should bring someone along that will focus on us as a whole,” JiMin whispered with a cute smile.

Jung Kook turned around to his hyung and nodded at him. “Good thinking…”

“Yah, the girl will probably be your noona, so hands off,” I scolded him.

“Yeah, let me have her,” Namjoon said.

“Why don’t we meet at the café across the street from the Big Hit Entertainment building at nine?” Suga asked, ignoring the other boys.

“A-alright,” she stuttered.

This was becoming a very awkward conversation, very quickly.

“Y-you said b-bring a f-friend?”

“Deh!” everyone yelled, obviously in agreement with JiMin’s idea.

“A-alright, well, see you tomorrow, I guess.”

We said our goodbyes and they hung up the phone.

I collapsed on the floor and rubbed my eyes.

“You need to thank me for saving your earlier,” Namjoon said. “You looked like you were about to start crying because you couldn’t think of what to say to her.”

I hit his arm. “Shut up. You would have been the same way, had you been in the same situation.”

“No, I would have used my intense swag to carry out a smooth conversation,” he said, running his hand over his Mohawk, to intensify his ‘swag’.

I rolled my eyes at him.

I heard Jin going back over the video and laughing his head off at me. “You are so petrified looking!” he teased.

I chose to ignore him and closed my eyes.

“Yah hyung, what will you do if she isn’t the way you imagined her to be?” Jung Kook asked, lying down next to me.

I shrugged. “Let’s not think about that right now.”

The others joined us laying on the floor as we all laid there with our arms behind our heads, knees bent, and staring into the ceiling.

There was a knock on the door and we all said come in simultaneously.

“Woah, you boys look so cool like that!” we heard our managers voice say, when he opened the door.

I felt my lips tugging at the corners into a smirk.

“Stay right there, let me get my camera!” the man said, running out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

“That man, I swear,” Namjoon mumbled.

“He’s so infatuated with us,” Jin giggled.

“You mean he’s infatuated with me?” JiMin challenged.

“Why can’t he be infatuated with me?” Suga questioned.

“I swear that he doesn’t give a crap about any of you six, and is infatuated with me,” V said, laughing as he said the line.

“Guys, what does ‘infatuated’ mean?” Jung Kook asked.

I turned to look at Namjoon and we both rolled our eyes at each other.

The door opened up again the manager walked in again. “Now, look up at the ceiling like you were before,” he said, putting the camera up to his eyes. I did as we were told and there were a few short clicks and then the man put the camera down, looking through the photos he had just taken. “Wowww, these are seriously cool!”

“Hyung, what did you want to talk about?” Namjoon said, sitting up and looking at the older.

“What? Now what was that…?” he asked, scratching his head. “Oh! I came to ask if you had decided on a lucky winner?”

We all sat back up and looked at the man.

“Yeah, her name is Jeon Ariel, or something like that,” I said, trying to play it off cool.

“A-ariel? Is that Korean?”

“She’s white,” Jung Kook filled in.

“Oh, that makes sense. Wait, how do you know she’s white? Have you seen her before?”

Before the other guys could answer I shook my head. “No, she mentioned it in the letter.”

“Oh, I see. Well, are you guys going to meet her tomorrow?”

We all nodded. “Deh,” we said.

The manager smiled. “Good job guys, keep up the hard work,” he said before leaving.

“Hyung, why didn’t you tell him that you had already seen her?” V asked.

“It would just be easier…” I said with a sigh.

 

(Ariel’s POV)

The second I got off the phone I put my shoes on and ran out the house to go to the boba shop where Tae Ri works.

“Tae Ri!” I yelled when I saw her behind the counter.

She was helping another customer and she gave me a ‘what the f*** do you want look?’.

“I need to talk to you!” I yelled to her.

“Give me a second, can’t you see I’m busy with someone?” she asked, motioning to the ahjumma and the little boy standing in front of her.

I huffed and sat down at an empty table, waiting for her to get done with the people. After five minutes, Tae Ri handed the ahjumma the two drinks and cakes and came over to sit with me.

“Did an atomic bomb drop on your house?”

“No.”

“Did your mom get hit by a car?”

“No…”

“Did you get hit by a car?”

I sighed. I knew what she was doing: guilt tripping me for interrupting her with the customers. “No.”

“Did someone die?”

I shook my head. “No.”

“Then what was so important that you had to rudely interrupt me in front of customers and causing a disturbance? I mean, I don’t want to get fired here…”

“BTS called me,” I interrupted.

She chuckled. “Nice try. Were you asleep?”

“BTS called me, I swear.”

“You must have been asleep.”

“No! They actually called me. I put a letter into that letter competition, and they chose my letter!”

“Omo! You’re serious?!”

“Yes!”

We both squealed.

So much for not causing a disturbance.

“So when do you go with them?”

“Tomorrow, we have to meet them at the café in front of their entertainment building.”

“Wait, ‘we’?” she asked, a large grin forming on her face.

“Yes! JiMin told me to bring a friend!”

We both squealed again.

“You actually talked to JiMin?!”

“Yes! And I talked to J-Hope, Rap Monster, and Suga! They were all there, but I didn’t personally talk to all of them.”

We continued squealing in excitement.

“Wait—don’t you have to work tomorrow?” I questioned, my smile fading, knowing that she couldn’t miss work anymore.

The girl chuckled. “Yeah, but this is the chance of a lifetime. Screw one day’s pay.”

I chirped happily. “Get back to work, before you’re fired. Meet me at my house at 7:30 tomorrow morning. We have to meet them at nine.”

The girl nodded and gave me a big hug, kissing me on the cheek. “I love you so much right now!” she yelled.

We got odd looks from other customers. I stood up, bowing awkwardly to them and then left the shop, giggling to myself the entire way home.


I hope I'm not dissapointing y'all...

Comment, suggest, subscribe!!!

Until next time... <3