Chapter 9

I'm not a fangirl, I just act like one.

WARNING: y update, sorry y'all.

And you're allowed to kill me after the chapter... just saying.

Happy reading!!! <3


(Suga's POV)

"How was dinner with the 'rents?" Jung Kook asked when I walked in the house at a little after midnight.

"It was fine," I told him, looking around the fairly dark dorm. "Are you the only one up?"

He nodded. "I believe so."

The boy was doing something at the kitchen table. There were papers all over the place with various, random words written in no logical order. Some papers were crumpled up on and scattered all over the floor.

I walked over to him and glanced down at the papers, the words still making no sense to me.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"I'm trying to write a song," he said, his voice filled with frustration.

I chuckled and sat down next to him. "May I help?"

"Nope."

"May I hear?"

"Nope."

"Why not?"

"Because, I want to learn how to be a song writer like you, Namjoon-hyung, and J-Hope-hyung."

I ruffled his hair. "You know we usually help each other, right?"

"Yes, I know. But I still want to try on my own."

"Alright, alright," I said, resting my elbows on the table.

"Hyung?"

"Hmm?"

"You know that Namjoon likes noona, right?" he asked.

I looked at him oddly. Nope, this would be the first I've heard of this.

"Which noona?" I asked, hoping he wouldn’t say Ariel.

"Your girlfriend," he replied hesitantly.

"Oh...” I said, letting out a sigh of relief. “Okay. How do you know?"

"He looks at her differently than other girls."

"So, he hasn't told you yet?"

The maknae shook his head. "No. He hasn't. Aren’t you worried though? I mean, I know that you didn’t like her when you started ‘dating’, but it seems like you are quite fond of the girl now…"

“She’s just a friend,” I told him, then nodded. "Well, I'm going to go to bed..."

"Alright, nighty night. Sleep tight hyung," he said with a smile.

"Work hard on that song; I want to hear some of it in the morning."

He groaned and I left the room.

I trudged into the bathroom and the faucet, still thinking about my evening with Ariel.

There was a knock on the door.

"Come in," I mumbled, splashing water on my face.

"Hyung?" I heard Taehyung's voice ask.

I looked up at him. "Did I wake you?"

"No, I was waiting for you to get home."

"Oh... Why?"

"Because, to be quite honest, ‘your parents invited you for dinner’? That's a load of crap," he said, stepping in the bathroom and shutting the door behind him, knowing Jung Kook was still awake and could probably hear the conversation.

I sighed. "You know me too well..."

He flashed me a grin. "I know I do. So where'd you go with her?"

I sighed. "We ran into each other at the grocery store. So I gave her a ride home, and when she was walking up the steps, she fell and landed on her head, giving her a concussion... So I stayed and made dinner for her and her family."

"You made dinner?" he laughed at the odd thought, completely ignoring the fact that she got a concussion on my watch.

"I did make dinner, and surprisingly, it was actually halfway decent. Her mom said she liked it more than Ariel's cooking," I chuckled.

"So, how were her parents?"

"They were really funny. Her mom was grumpy and her dad was really chill and loved to watch his wife pick on Ariel," I said, laughing at the thought of dinner.

"What'd you do after dinner?"

"I helped her to her bedroom and laid her down on her bed to sleep, since she had fallen asleep on the table twice already."

"What did her room look like?"

"It was tidy. There was a bookshelf with loads of books piled everywhere, a computer desk with papers everywhere, and a small bed. Oh! And her walls were covered in photos," I said refraining from mentioning the wall that just had my picture on it.

"Do you want Dr. V to tell you his diagnosis?" Taehyung asked.

There was a reason behind these questions?

"Um... I guess?" I mumbled, utterly confused.

"You are madly in love," he said matter-of-factly.

"W-what? Why do you say that?"

"Because, you blushed the entire time you were talking, made dinner, which you and I both know that you don’t do, love her parents, put her to bed, and memorized her bedroom. You are obviously in love."

I sighed. "I'm not. I can't be."

"You are, don't deny yourself any longer. You need to admit it to yourself and tell Hoseok."

I ran my fingers through my hair, frustrated. Why does everything have to be so complicated?

 

1 week later

(Ariel’s POV)

“My name is Mrs. Choi,” a young woman, with the body of a ballerina, told our class, with a bright smile and her hair in a neat bun. “Welcome to your senior year English class.”

Tae Ri leaned over to me. “I can imagine you looking like that one of these days,” she whispered to me.

“Except for the fact that I’m not Korean,” I hissed to her. “Shhh.”

It was the first day of school. Besides the fact that my mother wouldn’t let me leave the house to see anyone until my head felt a little better, and the fact that the Bangtan Boys were extremely busy, still being rookies and all, I made no attempt to contact them and they didn’t make any attempt to contact me, or even Tae Ri, in the last week.

“Now, we’re going to go around the room and everyone will introduce themselves in English, and tell us all something about yourself,” Mrs. Choi said, a smile forming on her lips at the sound of the groaning class.

I could get used to this woman very fast.

We went around the room, starting from the front, and I was suddenly thankful that Tae Ri had dragged me to the back of the classroom when we arrived.

After much laughter, as people made up random crap that made no sense in English, it was finally Tae Ri’s turn.

The girl stood up and I was already covering my face in laughter. “Hello,” she said in an almost perfect accent. “My name Kang Tae Ri,” her almost perfect accent fading. “I—I” she still hasn’t thought of anything yet, seriously? “SARANGHAEYO BTS!!!”

My face fell in my hand, wondering why this girl was my best friend, as the class erupted in laughter, some clapping and whooping in agreement, coming from both guys and girls.

I glanced up at our teacher, who was laughing softly to herself. “Next!” she said, motioning to me.

Tae Ri sat down and I stood up.

“My name is Jeon Ariel. I ballet,” I said in my broken English with my thick accent.

My teacher looked at me oddly, obviously in shock that my English wasn’t flawless, as expected, but then smiled lightly at me, before mouthing ‘me too’.

Yep, I could get used to this teacher.

 

“Well, she seems chill,” Tae Ri said, as we walked out of the classroom.

“I agree. I might actually learn English this year,” I laughed, heading toward the fine arts building.

She thought for a moment. “I might try and at least learn a little, because it is our last year before going to a university… or I could just take an English class there.”

“Yeah, right, like you’ll go to a university and take English…”

“Hmmm, maybe I should drop painting and take rapping or dancing here,” she said, changing the subject from university to high school. “That way I can join Big Hit with you when you get back from the states.”

“Who says I’m going to join Big Hit? What if I joined YG? That way I can have Big Bang and 2NE1 as my sunbaes,” I said with a smile.

“Just join Big Hit; it will make everything ten times easier when you’re married to J-Hope and work in the same company.”

I rolled my eyes. “That’s never going to happen. Here’s the dance room,” I told her.

She nodded and hugged me goodbye. “You be careful. Tell Madame Croteau that you’re recovering from a concussion,” she said.

I smiled at the girl. “I’ll be fine.”

 

After I had changed into my uniform, we all met in the studio, sitting down in a circle, waiting for Madame to come out.

The girls that I had grown up with were sitting together in their little clique of friends, and as usual, I was sitting alone.

I never had many friends, at all, even if I had known these people for most of my life. The reason why Tae Ri ever started hanging out        with me, I’m not sure… I honestly think that she felt bad for me and ended up actually liking me.

Madame walked into the room, a young man following her into the room.

“Welcome to the start of a new school year,” Madame told us, “This is my new partner, Dung ho.”

I glanced around the room and saw all the girls fawning over him.

This was the first time Madame had ever allowed a male in the room during class. There was a ballet class for boys the period after ours and if a recital required a duet with both male and female all practices were to be after school. So the thought that she openly brought in a guy made me think something was fishy…

Madame motioned for Dung Ho to introduce himself.

“Ah, my name is Dung Ho. I just graduated from Julliard in New York,” he said in a deep voice. “Please treat me well.”

The girls swooned more at him.

He’s from Julliard? Maybe he could be my ticket in…

“Alright girls! Stand up, do your stretches!” Madame barked.

I ignored the fact that I still had a concussion and obeyed the woman, just like the rest, knowing that if I was going to be accepted to the elite school then I would have to ignore injuries as minimal as these.

My head was throbbing and I was getting really dizzy.

Just as I placed my leg on the bar and leaned forward, stretching my leg, my knees collapsed in dizziness and I fell to the ground with a soft ‘umph’.

I felt everyone’s eyes turn to me.

“Ariel! Are you okay, dear?” Madame asked, genuine concern in her eyes.

“I-I’m fine,” I said, sitting back up, my head spinning, my vision doubling.

“You don’t look okay,” I heard Dung Ho’s voice say.

I looked up and saw the beautiful man standing above me.

I felt myself gasp. This man was beautiful. He was the definition of gorgeous. He had washboard everything (not just abs) and a square jaw with soft facial features and professionally styled hair.

“I—I have a concussion, Madame,” I told the woman, defeated.

“How did you get that?! Dung Ho, help her up and get her over to the bench.”

“I can take care of myself,” I said, attempting to get up and falling back to the floor. I suddenly remembered when I fell with Suga for a second time, and he actually caught me. This man just stared down at the ground and watched me fall, not even attempting to help me up after.

“You don’t look like you can take care of yourself,” Madame barked. “Dung Ho, help her.”

The man groaned and bent down, grabbing my arm and back, helping me up off the floor.

“Thank you,” I told him softly.

“Don’t mention it,” he mumbled, walking me over to the bench. “How’d you get your concussion?”

“I was walking up some concrete steps and lost footing, and fell backwards onto the concrete,” I told him.

He tsked. “How could a ballerina be so clumsy?”

I glared at him. “I wasn’t focused on my footing, sorry. Even ballerina’s fall every once in a while,” I hissed.

“Well, if you are going to get into Julliard, than you better be more careful,” he frowned, helping me sit down.

I bent over and held my head, closing my eyes, trying to steady myself. “How did you know that I wanted to get into Julliard?” I asked him.

“Madame Croteau told me about you. I’m not just a partner, I’m a scout,” he said simply.

I knew something was fishy.

“Does she think that I will be able to get in?”

He nodded. “She has every confidence in you.”

 

Dung Ho left after our short conversation to help with class.

After class was dismissed, I found Tae Ri waiting outside of the locker room for me.

“Took you long enough,” she mumbled.

“Hey, it takes me longer to get dressed…” I frowned. “You don’t know what it’s like for every movement to feel like your brain is rattling around inside of your head.”

“Okay, ew. Too much information. Did Madame Croteau make you dance.”

“No.”

“You have paint on your face,” I told her, motioning to a blue splotch on her forehead.

She blushed and began ferociously wiping it off. “Is it gone now?” she asked, the paint still remaining there.

I laughed and my finger, beginning to rub the blue liquid off her face.

“Jeon Ariel!” I heard Madame’s voice call from behind us as we were walking down the hall, interrupting me from cleaning Tae Ri’s face.

Tae Ri and I both turned around to see Madame and Dung Ho standing beside each other, their lunches in hand, as they were about to walk to the teachers’ lounge for lunch break.

“Yes, Madame?”

The two of them walked up to Tae Ri and myself.

“I want to talk to you about why he is here,” Madame told me, motioning to Dung Ho.

I glanced over at Tae Ri who was gawking at the man’s beauty.

“He is a scout for Julliard,” she said, a stern expression on her face. “I know that you have been interesting in attending the university.”

“Yes ma’am, he informed me of this during class,” I told her politely.

“You need to understand that this semester, while he remains in the class, you must dance your best, because if he doesn’t think that you deserve to be in Julliard you can say goodbye to even an audition into the school,” she said firmly.

I felt my heart deflate. I can’t even dance right now.

“Now, I have asked him to overlook your concussion and we will give you one week before you must be back to normal and dancing again. Do I make myself clear?” she asked.

“Yes ma’am,” I said, looking the woman in the eyes and giving her a firm, but slight, nod with my head.

Madame smiled at me and put her hand on my shoulder. “You’re my best dancer; I expect great things from you, one of these days,” she said, before turning to Tae Ri. “Tae Ri-ah, keep this girl away from anything that could hurt her, okay? We need her to be in her best condition.”

Tae Ri smiled brightly and nodded to the woman. “Yes ma’am!” she said, almost too eager.

“Good, have a great lunch, you two,” Madame told us, before turning around with Dung Ho following her as they walked to the teachers’ lounge

“Who was that?” Tae Ri asked, eyes flaring. “He’s handsome… Handsome doesn’t even describe how attractive he is. That man was straight up beautiful.”

 

(Jin’s POV)

I glanced down at the clock on the wall in the subway station. The train was now officially late.

I groaned, tapping my foot impatiently.

I’m going to be late and Manager hyung will kill me…

I quickly got out my phone and dialed Namjoon’s number.

“Hyung!” he exclaimed when he answered the phone. “Where are you?! We’re going to start in fifteen minutes!”

“The subway is running late,” I groaned. “I don’t know what to do… do you think that we can stall the radio show?”

“No, they have a schedule too!”

I continuously tapped my feet. “I’m sorry, it isn’t my fault. If the train was on time, then I would have made it just on time.”

The train pulled up and I let out a sigh of relief. “The train just arrived. I might get there on time,” I told him, and hung up the phone without a goodbye.

Everyone piled in the train and I grasped for a handle in the ceiling before it could take off and send me flying on the floor.

“I saw the dancer that I was supposed to be scouting today,” a man next to me said into the receiver on his phone.

I looked the man up and down. He was very tall and very muscular and very intimidating looking. I gulped. Definitely don’t want to get in a brawl with that man…

“Yes, she appeared to be Julliard material. I didn’t actually see her dance today, but I saw some tapes of her. They were impeccable. She has a concussion right now and won’t be able to dance for another week,” he spoke.

Woah, Julliard? Isn’t that some fancy fine arts school in the USA? Lucky girl…

“She was also really pretty,” he chuckled. “I might try and tap that one of these days.”

I frowned. These erted college men, always going after young girls…

“Yeah, I could get you a friend too, hyung,” the man said. “Oh! This girl had a friend. She wasn’t a dancer, but she had some paint on her cheek so she might be an artist. I know you like those artist girls, hyung.”

I felt myself glaring at the man, who was completely oblivious to my obvious dislike for him.

“I think the dance instructed called her Tae Ri? Yeah, something like that. And the other girl was Ariel. Jeon Ariel.”

I felt a lump form in my throat and my mouth go dry.

This ert is going to go after Ariel and Tae Ri?

I reached into my pocket, my hands shaking in fear, and grabbed my phone again, quickly dialing Namjoon’s number yet again.

“What?” he asked when he picked up.

“Y-yah, K-kim N-N-Namjoon,” I stuttered.

“Is something wrong? You sound like you’ve just seen a ghost…” he asked.

“W-we might have a p-p-problem…”


So I have to say, I'm not exactly happy with this chapter... I know that there isn't much BTS action, HOWEVER it is necessary for later. And before you ask questions Ariel and Tae Ri will NOT fall for Dung Ho. He is simply an antagonist that will probably piss everyone off (including me).

Aren't these two just too precious??? Sorry, just a bit of a fangirl moment......

Also, I realized that I really don't mention Jin hardly at all, so I decided to make him be the one that listens in on Dung Ho's phone conversation, which will make him more important in the future too. ^.^

I'm reposting the poll that I posted in chapter 6. This will allow my new readers to vote and since I seemed to have swayed many people in the last chapter from J-Hope to Suga, it will allow you to change your mind if you have. I will be reposting it periodically to see what people want later and will offically announce a poll closing time a week or so before I plan on closing it.

NOTICE: THIS POLL IS THE ONLY WAY FOR ME TO CHOOSE WHO ARIEL IS GOING TO END UP WITH. WHEN I OFFICIALLY CLOSE THE POLL, THE WINNER WILL BE THE ONE THAT WINS HER. IF YOU WANT YOUR MAN TO WIN, THEN PLEASE VOTE. =D

Thanks for reading!!! Comment, suggest, subscribe!!! ^.^ Love y'all!!! *muah*