Chapter 10

I'm not a fangirl, I just act like one.

The boys anxiously rushed through their radio broadcast then hurried back to the dorm to figure out what to do about this dance teacher.

“Are you positive that you heard what you think you heard?” V asked Jin.

Jin rolled his eyes. “No, I lied about the whole thing.”

“What did the man look like?” Rap Monster asked.

Jin went over to the computer and looked up pictures of ‘male ballet dancers’. He scrolled through a few pictures and found a man named Chi Cao. “He looked almost identical to this man, except Korean. But he was built the same way,” he mumbled.

“Well , this man could take all of us with one hand behind his back…” Jimin said.

“Why do you think I didn’t approach him?” Jin sneered.

“What are we going to do?” J-Hope asked, beginning to panic more and more as he continued to look at the picture of the extremely built dancer.

“I don’t think there is much we can do… We can warn them about what Jin heard him say, but that’s about it…” Rap Monster mumbled.

"We could try and get her to not dance with him anymore..." Suga said softly.

"Guys, you know how thick headed she is," Jin said. "This guy is going to be her key to Julliard. She won't say no to that, she might even do something with him just so she does get into Julliard."

“I’m calling Ariel,” J-Hope said, whipping his phone out of his pocket and dialing her number.

What do you want?” she asked when he answered, sounding extremely tired.

“I—I’m sorry, did I wake you?”

She sighed. “No, I’m studying for a test tomorrow.”

“Oh… Could you and Tae Ri come by the dorm for a few minutes?” I asked her.

“I can’t. I just told you that I’m studying…”

“Please, it’s urgent,” I begged.

“What’s so urgent?” she barked.

“Noona, I swear that it’s urgent!” Jung Kook yelled into the phone.

She scoffed. “Fine, but I’m only giving you a few minutes, okay?”

“That’s fine, thank you. See you soon.”

 

Twenty minutes later, there was a knock on the door and the girls were let in by Jimin.

“What was so important? I was trying to study,” Ariel repeated when she walked into the dorm.

“Hey guys, long time no see,” Tae Ri exclaimed, a smile on her face as she led herself to the couch, making herself at home.

“We need to talk to you two,” Rap Monster, said waiting for Ariel to make herself comfortable in the living room too.

“Well I gathered that by the sound of Hoseok’s voice on the phone,” Ariel mumbled, still obviously upset that she had to be ripped away from her studies.

“I—I heard something this afternoon on the train while I was going to our radio broadcast…” Jin said, hesitant about saying anything else.

“Well, what was it?” Tae Ri asked.

“He was a scout for Julliard,” Jin wasn’t sure how to continue without scaring them. “And… well, just stay away from him, he’s bad news.”

“What do you mean ‘stay away from him’? I kinda have to dance with him now every day during class,” Ariel said, rolling her eyes.

“Tell your dance instructor something so you don’t dance with him; he’s bad news,” Jin said again.

“What’s your definition of ‘bad news’?” Ariel challenged.

“Ariel, I think we should listen to him…” Tae Ri mumbled, realizing how terrified everyone in the room looked.

“No, I want a reason why first. This man could affect the rest of my life and get me into an elite school that I have always dreamed of going to. Now, I think I deserve a reason.”

“Ariel,” Suga spoke up. “Jin overheard some things he said. He’s dangerous. He could hurt the both of you.”

“What did he say to make you think he was dangerous?” Ariel asked Jin.

Jin sighed and glanced over at J-Hope, not wanting to be the one to tell the girls that this man was a e that was going to probably the both of them.

“He was talking on the phone about how he could ‘tap’ that…” J-Hope said with a disgusted look on his face.

Ariel found herself frowning. “Oh, is that just it? I can handle myself,” she finally said.

“Ariel, just be careful, okay,” J-Hope said, walking up to her and lightly grabbing her arm.

She quickly shrugged him off. “I don’t need your help. Thanks for the tip Jin.”

The boy nodded to her softly.

“I need to get back to my studying,” Ariel said finally. “Are you coming Tae Ri?”

The girl shrugged and looked at the band members. “You can stay if you want, noona. We always enjoy having you,” Jung Kook said, a cute smile on his face.

Tae Ri ruffled the maknae’s hair. “I think I’ll stay here,” she told the other girl.

Ariel nodded and left the dorm.

“Do you think that he really wants to hurt us?” Tae Ri asked after her friend left.

Jin nodded. “You should have seen the expression on his face. It wasn’t exactly a nice one,” he told the girl.

She sighed. “I just hope that Ariel doesn’t do anything stupid. She likes to prove people wrong…”

 

(Tae Ri’s POV)

After a hastily prepared dinner, the guys decided that they wanted to go to sleep, so I took that as my time to leave.

As I stepped out of the building that their dorm was in, I heard the elevator open up behind me and a “Tae Ri noona, wait!” come from the inside.

Before turning around to face the boy, I smiled lightly. It was Kim Namjoon.

I turned around to him and batted my eyelashes, flirtingly, before flashing one of my signature smiles.

I noticed the pink flush onto his cheeks. I swear this boy likes me…

“Yes?” I asked him.

“M—may I walk you home?” he asked hesitantly.

“You know I’m not into younger guys,” I told him bluntly.

“I know…” he said, a disappointed look on his face. “But I would still like to walk you home, just in case you come across that man and he decides to try something…”

He’s so shy in real life… He even had to make up an excuse to ask me out…

I smiled at him and nodded. “Alright, that’s fine with me.”

We walked in silence mostly; I could practically hear his heart racing. This was awkward, like I’ve never even had a blind date become so excessively awkward.

I cleared my throat. I needed to fix this awkward walk before I died of awkwardness. “So, uh, what’s it like?”

“Wh—what’s what like exactly?” he stuttered.

“You know, being a star and all…” I said.

“Oh… it’s good,” he mumbled.

That didn't work... Well, can’t say I didn’t try.

“T—tae Ri-ah?” he asked.

Wait, is he actually going to start a conversation?

“Yes?” I asked him, turning to face him.

“W—why do you only go after older men?”

I chuckled. So he does like me?

“It’s just a I have… I prefer taller, masculine men, and I guess that means that I need to find an older man.”

“Oh… I’m taller than you are.”

Awww, this boy is just too cute! I just want to squeeze his adorable cheeks and put him in my pocket.

“You are taller than me,” I agreed.

“I would consider myself masculine…”

I shrugged. “Sort of…”

“What do you mean ‘sort of’?” he asked, getting defensive.

“Well, if I was basing it off of the image that you support in your promotions, I would say yes, you are masculine,” I told him.

“But?”

“But you are nothing like your image in real life.”

“So I’m not manly?”

“Sort of,” I repeated.

“Oh... Noona?” he asked.

“Hmm?”

“Who is your bias in BTS?”

I smirked. “Why do you want to know?”

“I’ve just been wondering… We all know who Ariel’s bias is because she obviously likes Suga. And I’ve been trying to figure out you, but I just can’t.”

I chuckled. “That is for me to know, and for you to never find out,” I told him.

“Can I guess?”

I smirked again. “You can try.”

“Is it me?”

“I don’t know, is it?” I chuckled.

“Yah, you can tell me if it is…” he teased, a slight smile forming on his face.

“I don’t know. It might be you, it might not be you.”

“That means it isn’t me. Then… is it J-Hope?”

“Do you honestly think that I would go after my best friends’ man?”

“Yeah, probably not. Hmm, you said older men, right?”

I nodded.

“Theeeeennn, you like Suga.”

“No, dating him is just for Ariel’s own good. There is nothing there, you know that.”

“Then you must like a younger guy in the group because Jin is totally not your type. So, Jimin?”

“Let’s just stop guessing, alright? I’ll tell you when I want to tell you.”

He sighed. “It is Jimin, isn’t it?”

“You can think whatever you want to think.”

“It totally is… How much farther do you live?” he asked, changing the subject.

“Hey, you were the one that wanted to walk me home…”

He sighed. “I know I did… I just didn’t realize how far you lived.”

I tsked. “Wimp,” I muttered. “I live just around the corner.”

We walked around the corner in silence; this time, it was nowhere near as awkward.

“You know, I’m not using sunglasses for our next album…” he said, as we reached the front steps of my apartment building.

“Okay…?” I asked, not exactly sure where he was coming from.

“That means that we can’t walk down the street anymore without people recognizing me, because the fans would get used to seeing me with my eyes not covered…”

Oh, that’s where he was getting at.

“That’s true…”

“Well,” he began, his awkwardness flooding back into him. “Do you think that we could do this again some time?”

He finally asked me out… I couldn’t believe that he actually did it, I thought he never would.

I smiled lightly at him. “You know that I’m not into younger guys.”

“I know, but that doesn’t mean that we can’t be friends, right?”

“Right,” I said, trying not to show a goofy, fangirl grin. “Yeah, sure. We could do this again some time.”

At that we exchanged phone numbers and I waved goodbye to him.

“Who was that?” my younger sister greeted me.

I laughed. “You won’t believe me if I told you.”

The girl crossed her arms and pursed her lips. “Try me.”

“His name is Kim Namjoon,” I told her leaving the room.

“Wait! K—kim Namjoon?! As in R-Rap M-Monster?!”

I laughed at the little girl and closed my door, leaving her without an answer.

 

(Suga’s POV)

“I need to study,” Ariel said, as she picked up the phone, not even telling me hello.

“I know, I know. I just needed to see how you were doing…” I mumbled, looking around to see if any of the other guys were in the room.

Thankfully, I was in the clear.

I didn’t hear a response from the other line.

“Ariel, Ariel, are you okay?” I asked, starting to panic. “Hello, is something wrong?”

I heard her gasp. “What, what’s going on?” she finally said.

I let out a sigh of relief. “You stopped answering for a second.”

“I’m sorry, I think I fell asleep.”

“You should sleep sooner,” I told her.

“Yeah, you try sleeping every once in a while when you’re taking all advanced classes,” she sneered.

I heard music in the background, instantly recognizing it as Rimsky Korsakov’s Russian Eastern Overture.

“I like the selection,” I told her. “But I don’t think that it is good for homework, it's not a very good song for focusing. You might stick with something less Russian, maybe Handle or Mozart. You know, something boring.”

“Shut up,” she sighed. “Why did you call me again?”

“I wanted to see how your concussion was… are you able to dance yet?” I asked her.

“No, not yet. But I’ll be fine in a week or so.”

“I’m sorry…” I told her.

“May I go? You are preventing me from finishing my homework and getting to sleep.”

“I’m sorry,” I repeated. “I’ll let you sleep now. Sweet dreams.”

“Goodnight,” she told me. “Thanks for checking up on me.”

I swear I could hear a smile forming on her lips when she said that.

“Anytime,” I said, mentally facepalming myself on how cheesy the line was.

Then the line beeped as she hung up.

“Y-yoongi hyung?” I heard Hoseok’s voice say from behind me.

My breath hitched and I turned around, facing the conversation intruder.

“Yes?” I asked, trying my hardest to pretend as if I wasn’t talking on the phone to the love of his life.

“How did you know she has a concussion?”


DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNN What do you guys think??? Should Suga tell J-Hope that he and Ariel hung out and that he really likes her too??? Or should he keep it to himself??? Leave replies in the comments. <3

 

Okay so Chi Cao is the principal dancer in the Birmingham Royal Ballet. I became freaking OBSESSED with him after seeing the movie Mao's Last Dancer. I mean, who couldn't be obsessed with THIS???

He's just too freaking attractive for his own good.

This was the image I imagined the boys looking at toward the beginning of the chapter.

Okay, enough of that fangirling. My best friend told me that our RapMon won't be promoting with sunglasses next time!!! =OOO I don't know where her sources came from, but regardless, I almost flipped a desk when I found out. I freaking LOVE his eyes and I'm so glad that we'll get to see them all the time now.

Next, many of you probably knew this, but Suga claims that he used to love classical music. <3 I'm hoping that one of these days he can change that statement to 'still loves classical music', but I'm still happy that he did. So I just had to be my classical nerd self and add a section about Korsakov. If you are interested in listening, here it is. It's kinda slow at the beginning, but once you get about half way through, it's intense.

Lastly, did you like the RapRi moment??? Can any of you guess who her bias is??? ^.^

Sorry for the late update, my internet wasn't working. >.<

Thanks for reading!!! Comment, suggest, subscribe!!!