Chapter 4

I'm not a fangirl, I just act like one.

WARNING: LAME UPDATE

It's a horrible chapter; however, it is necessary for the future chapters, alright. So bare with it and keep waiting for my next chapters.

Thanks for taking time out of your day to read!!! <3


(Narrator's POV)

"I-I don't know about this..." Suga said, scratching the back of his head. "Why do I have to do it? Why can't Jin do it?"

Jin shook his head, holding up his hands. "There is no way I'm doing it."

"It wouldn't matter if Jin were to. It has to be you; she loves you," Tae Ri said.

Suga sighed. "Can't I just give her an autograph and call it fair...?"

Jung Kook and JiMin came up behind Suga and patted him on the back. "Hyung, do it for Hoseok," Jung Kook said, trying to hold back his laughter.

"Yeah, do it for Hoseok," JiMin agreed, enjoying picking on the other when normally he is the one that picks on them.

Suga sighed. "I hate having to be the match maker..."

"It's not like I would have chosen to date you, Tae Ri said. "I would have dated him!" she said, pointing to Rap Monster's head.

"M-me?"

"Him?!"

The girl laughed, shaking her head. "Yah, Namjoon. Turn around," she demanded, the boys doing as she said. "Him."

There was an advertisement of Lee Min Ho behind Rap Monster.

"Oh..." they all said, embarrassed by their accusations.

"You mean you wouldn't date me?" he asked.

She shook her head. "You're too young for me."

His jaw fell and everyone laughed at him.

"What? You're younger than me. The only people that are older than me in this group is Jin, Suga, and J-Hope. And no offense, I don’t date younger guys."

"Wait, so you're my noona?" Rap Monster asked, flabbergasted.

"It would appear so," Jung Kook snickered. "It also appears that you can't ‘take the friend’ either, because she's your noona."

"What do you mean ‘take the friend’?" she questioned.

"Never mind," Suga said. "Fine! Fine. I'll do it for little Hoseok. Why I'm such a good hyung, I'll never know."

"I know that our Hopey will be proud of you," Jin said, patting Suga's shoulder.

"Alright... How should we do this?" Suga questioned.

"Just flirt with me," she said.

"I—I’m not sure what to do..."

"Alright then, I'll flirt with you,” she said simply.

"You already do that," Rap Monster said.

She stuck her tongue out at him.

"Tsk, child," he mumbled under his breath.

"I heard that,” she growled.

"I'm sorry, noona. What did you hear?" Rap Monster asked with an innocent look on his face. V elbowed the other in the side.

Tae Ri ignored him and began to work her magic, making sure to use extra body language so that Ariel and J-Hope notice.


(Ariel's POV)

This was sad... I could tell that this boy liked me... I knew he did and at the same time, I couldn't help but feel bad. Aside from a physical attraction, there wasn't much there for him. I mean, I wasn't feeling, well anything.

"So where do you going to school?" he asked. I felt so bad... He's trying so hard.

He's nothing like he is when you see him on the shows and stuff. He isn't full of all that charisma and carefree. He has some charisma, but only when he is trying to hide his sensitive and sweet, somewhat innocent, side. I never imagined him to be blushing up a storm the second he gets a little crush...

"Seoul Performing Arts high school," I responded.

"Oh that's so cool! What is your focus?"

"Ballet and vocals," I replied, cooly.

"Really?!" he nearly squealed.

I chuckled. "Yeah, really."

"Do you do contemporary dancing? Like stuff we do?"

"No. I do ballet only."

"Have you tried?"

"No, but I don't want to."

"Why not?"

"Because I like ballet."

"How do you know you wouldn't like both?"

"Because I wouldn't."

Now he's just starting to piss me off.

He chuckled and laughed.

"So what about you?" I asked.

"Um, well, what about me?" he asked, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Did you always want to be a star? And is that what you want to do for the rest of your life, perform?"

He shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe... It just kinda seemed fit, ya know?"

I nodded. "I don't know what I want to do... But I'm good at ballet and singing, so I'll probably look for someone to take me on as a trainee."

"Audition with Big Hit!" he exclaimed.

"What, so I could be with you?"

He winked at me. "Why of course. Why shouldn’t you audition with them?"

"But they won't take a ballet dancer."

"That's why you should dance contemporary."

I frowned at him. "No."


(Tae Ri's POV)

"This isn't working..." I mumbled.

The two hadn’t looked at us once. They were just simply talking… and it seemed like she was scolding him.

I chuckled.

That girl has such a bad temper some times. Has she forgotten that she was talking to a famous person?

"No... It isn't," Suga agreed, almost sounding relieved.

"Maybe he doesn't need our help..." Namjoon said.

"Why do you sound happy that she doesn't have to date Suga hyung?" Jung Kook questioned.

"I don't care who she dates," the Rap Monster said.

Yeah right, I heard it too, Jung Kook. He totally cares.

"Wait! They're looking at us!" V exclaimed.

I went back to my flirting ways, touching Suga lightly, batting my eyes, talking with a higher voice, leaning in a little more than normal, laughing a bit more than normal... And if it wasn't my imagination, Kim Namjoon stiffened when I began my flirting with Suga again.

I glanced behind us and saw them walking up to us a bit faster.

"Hey guys. We didn't realize that we got so far behind everyone," Ariel said, looking at me with a shocked expression as if trying to say ‘get your hands off of him’.

I shrugged and looped my arm through Suga's arm.

I'm sorry... I really don't want to do this to you, but J-Hope really likes you and I don’t want you to get hurt when Suga doesn’t like you the same way you like him… I'm not going to let your infatuation with Suga blind you when you have someone so perfect in front of your nose…

Her eyes flared and she elbowed me.

Suga cleared his throat. "I—um—would you like—to h-have d-dinner wi-with me?" he said looking to me.

Aww, he was so cute.

Ariel elbowed me again and shook her head no.

"Why of course I would," I said, using my best acting skills to try and pretend that I wanted to do this.

I heard Ariel gasp. I waited for her to say something, but I knew she wouldn't. She's too selfless to do such a thing.

"Wait, hyung, you like Tae Ri?" J-Hope asked, just as shocked as Ariel was.

"Yes..." he lied, refusing to look anyone in the eye.

"A-alright, you two ready to call it a day?" Namjoon asked us.

I nodded awkwardly and Ariel nodded eagerly.

We walked back in mostly silence... Well the boys weren't silent by any means, but Ariel and I kept our mouths shut. I knew she was angry with me... It's kinda like the bros before hoes theory: chicks before . So, I completely understand why she'd be mad... Well because quite frankly, I just stole 'her' man.

We walked in front of the café and said our goodbyes.

"C-could I get your phone number?" J-Hope asked, innocently.

Awww, he's nothing like I assumed he would be... He's so sweet and innocent, almost like JiMin.

The girl nodded, hesitantly, and handed him her phone and he handed hers his.

He smiled lightly, and we all said goodbye, everyone getting hugs.

Suga and I exchanged numbers for obvious reasons and overall, this day helped us without ultimate goal: helping us fangirls (yes, Ariel is a fangirl, even if she denies it) get to know our boys a bit better. But we also left with something a bit more, we had friends now... Which was very strange to say the least. I mean, isn't it a bit cliché to win a day with an idol group and then have one of the idols fall in love with the girl? I feel like this is straight out of a fanfiction...

Regardless, this fangirl is happy, very happy.

 

"C-congrats," Ariel mumbled as we walked up her front steps.

I felt my heart throb. I just want to tell her the truth...

"Thanks... Are you okay with this?"

"Y-yeah," she lied, not looking me in the eyes.

I pulled the girl into a hug. "Thanks. Besides, you and J-Hope seeped to hit it off well."

"I know he likes me… you can see it in his eyes. But, I don't like him, he' just fun to talk to. But, it is nice to get the attention from him, even if I kind of feel bad for this little crush he has on me." She looked at the ground as she spoke, refusing to look me in the eyes.

She won't say it, but the thought of Suga and myself being together was killing he on the inside. My bias wasn't Suga, her bias was Suga...

"Visit me at work tomorrow?" I asked her, hoping she would forgive me.

She shrugged. "Maybe. I have to ask my mom..."

I frowned. That girl doesn't ask her mother anything.

"Well, okay. Bye," I said before walking off the porch and going home.


(J-Hope's POV)

What just happened? I know Suga's type and Tae Ri was definitely not Suga's type.

Tae Ri was pretty, yes. She was sweet, yes. But, I would have never pegged as someone that fit into Suga's specifications.

"You thinking about your girl?" V asked me on the walk back to the dorms, ripping me out of my thoughts.

I shook my head. I'll think about her later... "Actually, I'm really confused on what happened after lunch. Hyung, you really like Tae Ri?"

"I did it for you, so you better be happy, you little rat," he said, obviously not wanting to talk about this.

"F-for me?"

What on earth was he talking about?

"Yes. You like Ariel, a lot. It’s very apparent," Namjoon said, causing me to blush. "So we began thinking of ways to get Ariel like you… And so Tae Ri said that the only way to get her eyes off of Suga was to have him be taken. And then we began asking what girl and then JiMin jumped in and was all like 'Tae Ri should do it!' And so, yeah, now he is 'dating' Tae Ri."

"So everything is fake?" I questioned.

I frowned.

"Why don't you look excited that we're trying to help you get her?"

"It's not that, I just know how much we're hurting her right now..."

They all looked away from each other, knowing that he was right.

"I'm just nervous about the fact that we became friends with them... What if something happens and a scandal erupts? Also, will this happen every time we have a competition for our fans like this? Will we walk away with their phone numbers too?" Jin was asking.

"No," Rap Monster said, taking control of the situation as the leader. "We won't do this ever again. And we have to keep everything on the down low.

“Suga, when you go on your dinner-date with Tae Ri, we'll come with you so it doesn't look like you two are dating and makes her seem like our friend. We need to come up with cover stories saying something about how we've known her for years.

“J-Hope, even if you happen to score, you won't be able to date her in public; only at our dorms or her house or something like that. We are new idols, and we really can't stand a scandal. Does everyone understand?"

"Yes," we all said, feeling as if we were ready to go into war.

I sighed as we entered the building. I felt so bad for Ariel... She's probably dying on the inside right now. We walked over to the elevator and patiently waited for it to come to the ground floor.

I glanced down at my phone in my hand and went over to her phone number, rubbing my finger over the call button.

I sighed again, stepped on the elevator, when its’ doors opened, and quickly put the phone in my pocket. No, better not...

 

(Ariel's POV)

"Why didn't you tell me that you were leaving?!" my mother yelled at me.

"I forgot, and you were at work this morning," I told her, trying not to burst into tears.

The woman looked at me sternly. “You should have told me. Don’t forget next time.”

Her face softened and she frowned.

"Is everything alright?" she questioned.

"No," I said, walking back to my room and falling face-first into my bed, tears falling down my face.

Tae Ri betrayed me. How could she call herself my best friend when she pulls a stunt like that? After eight years of her being my best friend she betrayed me…

Why did I have to win that contest? Did J-Hope choose my letter? Probably...

I wish he wouldn't have... That would make everything so much easier. I would still be acting as if I was a fangirl and Tae Ri wouldn't be going out with my Suga.

Suga isn't even her bias!

I sighed and opened up my ancient flip phone and scrolled to Tae Ri's name: she was always the one I went to when I was upset. But this time, she was the one that upset me. I didn't have many other friends. None of these people would ever help me... Except one of them.

Jung Hoseok probably would help me feel better... But no, I won't bother him now.

I sighed again. This is the reason why I’m not a fangirl… too much drama.


I told you, lame update... I don't like it a whole lot, but whatever. Like I said, it's necessary.

I wrote this during my break at work yesterday. xD My boss was like, 'why are you madly typing on your phone?' It was quite funny, I have to say.

I would like a different poster, so if anyone is willing to make one, please talk to me. ^.^

Mind if I spam you a bit in payback for a bad chapter??? ^.^.^.^

Sorry if your computer crashes. xD

I did NOT make any of these gifs. Credit to all of the owners...

Comment, suggest, subscribe!!! <3