Chapter 11

I'm not a fangirl, I just act like one.

Eh, I decided to write a nice fluff chapter. Thank me later. =P


(Ariel's POV)

I walked into ballet the next day and noticed Dung Ho approaching me, a stack of papers in his hand, and a smirk on his face.

I nodded to him, sitting down, and lacing up my slippers, thinking that it'd be best if I still dressed out, even if I couldn’t dance.

"Good morning," he said, sitting down beside me.

"Good morning."

"How's your head doing?"

"It's slowly getting better," I responded softly.

"That's good. Listen, Madame wants you to do written assignments since you can't keep your grade up this week by dancing," he told me, handing me the papers.

I nodded and took the papers, placing my leg on the floor as I was finished putting on my slippers. "I understand," I told him.

He smiled at me and patted my shoulder softly, then stood up and walked back over to the group of girls to get ready for class.

I looked down at the stack of papers, skimming through them. It seemed easy enough, being blatantly obvious that this was put together in a jiffy. I had to study jazz, tap, and modern dances, write an essay on each, do vocab that she had written out for each, and memorize 5 poses from each. Well... Jazz and tap would be easy. I already know them... But modern? How would I find information on that?

I thought for a minute. J-Hope could probably work... I sighed, no I couldn't bother him. They were about to finish their promotions and didn’t need me to be in the way… Besides, he'd act like I was asking him out, which would totally not be the case.

I quickly asked Madame if I could go use the rest room, to which she agreed, then I went into the locker room, grabbed my phone and slipped into the bathroom.

I hesitantly dialed up Hoseok, still not sure if this was a good idea or not.

"You're calling me first this time?" he asked, a cocky feel threading his voice. "We must be getting closer."

"Yah, I'll hang up the phone if you don't shut the hell up."

"Alright, alright," he said with a sigh. "Aren't you supposed to be in school right now?"

"Who cares about school? Anyway, are you busy in like an hour?"

"No, we stopped promotions today... Why?"

"Could you help me on this project for ballet? I have to cover modern dance and I have no idea how to do that."

"Sure! Um, where do you want to meet?"

I thought for a minute. "For the most part it's going to be written out, so..."

"Do you remember the café that we first met in?” he asked, interrupting my train of thought. “Across from the entertainment building?"

"Yes."

"Meet there in an hour?" he asked. You could almost hear the smile on his face.

"Alright, thanks Hoseok," I said then hung up the phone.

Well, that was easy enough.

After ballet, I told Tae Ri that I'd be skipping the rest of the day to go hang with Hoseok. The girl had an excited conniption fit and eagerly let me leave, promising she'd cover for me.

 

I was five minutes late when I finally walked up to the doors of the café. When I walked into the café he was sitting at a table, nervously tapping his feet and hands. The moment he saw my face he relaxed and let out a sigh of relief. "I thought you weren't going to come."

"I was the one that decided to meet, why wouldn't I come?"

He shrugged. "I don't know..."

 


(J-Hope's POV)

I hated what this girl did to me. She made me feel so insecure and so little... Why do I like someone like that? It just hurts in the long run.

I walked with her up to the counter and she looked at the menu above. I noticed her squinting and saw her bring her hand up to her head.

"Do you need help reading?" I asked her, not wanting her to strain her eyes when her head was hurting her so much.

She nodded. "Would you? Just get a drink: a coffee or something..."

I nodded and ordered her an iced hazelnut coffee. She got her wallet out to pay for it, but I quickly put the money down on the counter before she could.

"It was my idea to meet, I'm paying," she declared.

"No, it's on me. How can I expect to win your heart if I don't pay for the meal on the first date."

"This isn't a date," she scowled.

Her scowl is just so freaking cute! It makes me just want to pinch her cheeks!

"Alright, whatever you say,” I laughed, still trying to convince her that this was a date. “You go sit down, I'll wait for your drink."

She hesitated, then agreed, walking away to sit down, oh so subtly holding her head, making it very apparent that she was dizzy.

I sighed. Maybe if Suga hadn't driven her home she wouldn't have fallen and she wouldn't have this stupid concussion.

 

(FLASHBACK)

"How did you know that she had a concussion?" I questioned.

The boy scrambled for words. I could see in his face that he was drying to decide if he was going to lie to me or tell me the truth. I frowned and sighed.

"Have you been seeing her?" I asked, wanting to avoid the inevitable answer but seeing no way out of it.

He sighed and looked at the ground. "Just once..."

"When?" I asked.

"We ran into each other at the grocery store. I could tell she was walking, since she was alone, and offered to give her a ride home."

"And the concussion?" I asked.

"She fell off her porch steps, her head hit the concrete. So I helped her inside..."

I could tell that his story wasn't finished. I knew that he was leaving something out, but I couldn't figure out what.

"Are you done?" I asked him.

He sighed a defeated sigh. "No, I'm not. I met her parents and made the family dinner, then helped her get ready for bed..."

I felt a knot form in my chest and tears whelp at the back of my throat. "Oh, i-is that all?"

I asked, walking to the couch and throwing myself on it.

"Hoseok, I'm sorry..." he said, walking over to me and sitting beside me.

A tear escaped my eye and I tried my hardest blinking it back. God, I’ve become such a baby ever since I met her…there would have been no way in heaven or on earth that I would have cried about something like this before…

"If you're sorry, then why did you do it? Why would you purposely go into her house, meet her parents, spend the evening with her, then put her to bed?! If you were sorry, you would have helped her into the house, then left! You would have come home to me and been like 'J, listen. I don't want to hurt you so I'll tell you what just happened.' But no, you didn't do that. You acted like a coward, because you KNEW I'd be upset."

By this point, tears were forming puddles in my lap. I couldn't believe that he had gone behind my back and betrayed me.

"I'm sorry..." he repeated.

"Then.why.did.you.do.it.?" I hissed.

He took in a sharp breath. "I like her," he admitted. "I don't know why. You know that I was all for the two of you being together. Heck, I was even dating her best friend to help you. But, somewhere along the way, I fell for her also," he said, his voice sounding choked up.

"H-how could you?"

"I don't know! You have no idea how confused I am! One side of me is saying 'he's your brother, leave her alone!' and the other side is saying 'I'm winning anyway, so just go for it.' I hate myself right now..."

I wiped my eyes and stared into my lap, sniffing. "Please don't see her again..." I said, knowing he was right about who was winning.

"I-I don't think I can do that," he admitted.

I nodded. "Fine then. We'll see exactly who wins."

(END OF FLASHBACK)

 


"How's your head doing?" I asked her, as I handed her the coffee and took a sip from mine.

"How did you know about that?" she asked.

"Suga," I said softly.

"Oh..."

"Listen I-"

"Hoseok," she interrupted. "Don't get into fights over me, please. The last thing I want to do is get you guys angry with each other."

"It's too late..." I told the girl with a soft smile.

"Then I won't date either of you," she told me firmly.

I frowned at her. "Who would you date then?"

"No one," she replied simply. "I've been single for 16 years now, I think I can be single a little bit longer."

I looked at her oddly. "You've never dated anyone?"

"Have you seen my skin color? It's not exactly ideal for bringing home to parents, even if I am a Korean citizen."

I frowned again. "I wouldn't mind bringing you home to my parents..."

"You'll keep telling yourself that until it comes time that you have to; then you'll be just like every other guy who dates a white girl and chickens out at the last second."

"Give me more credit than that, please."

She sighed, taking a long gulp from her drink. "Alright, let's get started."

I pulled my laptop out of my bag and she got out a notebook and a pencil.

We worked together on finding a topic in modern dance that she could write an essay over. We gathered information, defined the vocab words and found pictures of the poses that she'd memorize later.

We got one more coffee each and got one sandwich to split. I would occasionally find myself staring at her as she wrote everything down, so graceful, so smooth; but she was quick to notice and made sure to clear to get my head back on track. All in all, it was a very enjoyable afternoon and I was able to spend 6 hours with her, which I would never complain about.

"May I walk you home?" I asked her as we were leaving the cafe.

She sighed. "What's with the Bangtan boys wanting to walk Tae Ri and I home all the time? You know, Namjoon walked her home yesterday."

I chuckled. "I know, he came home a blushing wreck. Does your lack of an answer mean yes?"

She sighed. "Yeah, that's a yes."

I smiled and nodded. "Show me the way then."

We had been walking in a comfortable silence for a few minutes when she asked: "Why do you like me so much?"

I blushed and thought for a way of how to word this. “The first second I saw you… you looked so different and beautiful. You were the only girl wearing skinny jeans and a cami, the only girl that had headphones in, the only girl that didn’t have a friend to fangirl with. You were so natural looking… It was just you, and I guess that is when I first noticed you. Then you got pushed up to me and you became a stuttering mess and it was about the cutest thing I had ever seen on the planet. I practically dreamed about meeting you again for the next week,” I admitted. “So when we were reviewing letters from the contest and I saw your letter that was packed full of sarcasm and shyness, I realized that you were probably the most interesting girl that I had ever met and the most beautiful… and so yeah.”

She hesitated. “That didn’t really answer my question… You like me because I’m sarcastic and beautiful?”

I chuckled. “I like you because you aren’t afraid of being you.”

“I have to admit, Hoseok, that last line was quite the catch.”

I grinned at her. “Thanks, I tried.”

The girl chuckled as we walked onto a street of what I assumed to be hers, and I sighed. “Is this it?”

She nodded. “Yeah…”

“Ariel?” I asked, hesitating.

“Hmm?”

“Why don’t you like me?”

She sighed. “It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s just that I never really thought to look at you. I get so captivated by Yoongi and that beautiful smile of his that it kind of makes me ignore everyone else…”

“So you’re saying that if I had a smile like Suga’s, then you would like me the way you like him?”

She laughed. “You can think whatever you want to think, Jung Hoseok,” she said, stopping in front of a house. “Thanks for walking me home and helping me with the project and for the drinks… I had a nice time. Next time, I have to see those positions that I taught you when we were dancing last time.”

I gulped. I don’t even remember anything about that day except for the embarrassing I got due to her seductive moves.

“Have a nice evening,” she told me, before walking up the steps to her house.

“Goodnight!” I yelled back to her and she responded with a simple wave of the back of her hand.

I sighed and spun around a few times, desperately clutching my pounding heart and grinning like a fool.

She said it again: next time.


So here's the thing, I know that most of you probably want to have my head for not creating some huge massive drama when J found out. BUT, I personally don't think that J would attack his hyung and be un-civil about it, even if something like this were to happen. I'm sorry if you disagree with that, but I honestly think this is how he would react...

I'm too lazy for an authors note filled with adorable gifs and pictures (sorry to those that like them) but I will do some shameless self-advertizing...

I just started writing this new BTS story called "Don't make me love you..." and it is a rated M . If you are NOT into that stuff, continue reading ONLY this story and stay safe. I completely understand if you don't and won't take it personally, I promise. But, if you are a nasty, then come join the fun in reading this tradegy and love story... be prepared to cry. Don't say I didn't warn you... Click the link here if you are interested. ^.^

That story is honestly the reason why I decided to write a semi-fluffy chapter because the other one is making me depressed...

Comment, suggest, subscribe!!!

Love you all!!! Muah!!! *kisses all around*