Chapter 3

I'm not a fangirl, I just act like one.

(Ariel's POV)

I was rudely awoken by tapping on my window early the next morning.

I checked my clock that read 7:56. Who the hell is waking me up from my beauty sleep?

There was another tap. I swear, if that is Tae Ri, I will kill her…

"Ariel! Yah! Jeon Ariel!" I heard Tae Ri yell.

She’s dead. I didn’t get to sleep till almost 3 last night…

I angrily threw off my covers and marched over to the window, whipping it open. "What the hell do you want at this hour?!" I yelled.

"You were supposed to be up by now! We're going to meet BTS at 9!"

I felt my heart stop. How could I have forgotten that?! I yelped. "Omo! We were!"

The girl nodded at me with a 'no ' face. "Finish opening this window so I can climb in."

I nodded and continued opening the window, letting the girl crawl through the small space and into my bedroom.

"You're lucky you live in a one story house. You would still be asleep if you didn't."

"You're lucky I live in a one story house," I mocked her. "You would have to climb to the second story if I didn't."

She stuck her tongue out at me and I stuck mine out right back at her.

"Alright, we have less than an hour before we have to be there. But first, we need to figure out what to do with this mass..." Tae Ri said, grabbing my tangled hair and letting it fall down my back.

"What do you mean, mass?" I hated it when she commented about my hair, especially when I haven’t had a chance to do it yet.

"You know, this curly, jumbled mess that you've been sleeping on all night."

I frowned. "Whatever. Just figure out what to do with it. I'll work on my makeup while you work on 'my jumbled mess'." I told her, walking over to the mirror, beginning to wash my face.
 


(J-Hope's POV)

"Where are they?" I asked, pacing around the café.

"Chill, hyung. They're probably just running a little late," V said, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Or they forgot," I mumbled, biting my nails.

"Wow, J-Hope sure doesn't have a lot of hope right now," JungKook smirked.

"Shut up," I mumbled, glancing at the door again. "They aren't coming! I just know it!"

"Why wouldn't they? There are tons of girls dying for this opportunity," Jin reassured.

"I wonder what her friend looks like..." JiMin trailed, ignoring my whining.

"I know, right?" Namjoon chuckled. "Is that them?"

I looked back at the window and saw the angel up to the door with her friend. She had her hair lightly curled, a black corset style blouse, and skinny jeans, with knee high converse. I loved this girls’ style... She looked absolutely stunning…

The other girl was like the typical Korean teenager: short skirt and a modest blouse with some ankle shoes. She was pretty, but nothing like the white beauty that was with her.

"Woah, they're both beautiful..." JungKook said, his jaw on the floor.

Suga did me the honors of closing the younger's mouth.

"I told you no noonas," I said, turning to the maknae.

“B-but hy-hyung… They’re so pretty…”

Namjoon popped his collar. “I’ll take the friend,” he said, getting his ‘swag’ on.

I swear… that boy thinks he’s so cool.

 

(Narrator’s POV)

The girls walked into the café, shaking with excitement.

“Omo, omo, omo, omo…” Tae Ri kept on repeating, pulling on Ariel’s arm.

Ariel shook her friend off, and smiled at the group, trying to conceal her nerves. Remember Ariel, she thought, You are not a fan girl. You are just a fan that is extremely attracted to all of the members.

“Hi!” She said, her voice a little too excited.

Rap Monster looked at the guys. “1-2-3 Bang!”

“Tan! Hello it’s BTS!” they all said at the same time.

The girls’ jaws fell on the floor and they both squealed, clutching each other’s arms, trying not to pass out in front of them as they introduced themselves.

“It’s so nice to meet you,” Tae Ri said, attempting to hide her blush.

“Deh… nice you meet you…” Ariel mumbled, not exactly sure how to react.

“It’s nice you meet you again, Ariel,” J-Hope said, stepping out and pulling the girl into a hug.

The girl blushed and Tae Ri looked at her with wide eyes.

“Ni-nice to me-meet you again t-too. T-this is—”

“I’m Tae Ri,” Tae Ri said, stepping up next to her friend.

“Hi Tae Ri,” JungKook said, grinning as he went to introduce himself. “I’m—”

“He’s a fetus,” Rap Monster finished for him. “We told him he can’t have any noonas, so we’ll make sure that he stays away from you two.”

JungKook pouted. “No,” J-Hope said to the youngest, scolding him with his eyes for disobeying him.

“Why, is it so you can take the noonas?” Tae Ri asked with a smirk.

Ariel’s jaw dropped to the floor and Rap Monster blushed like a mad man. Is she really flirting right now?! You don’t just flirt with a famous star!

“N-no,” Rap Monster stuttered.

The girl laughed.

“Hi, I’m Suga,” Suga said, stepping out of line and shaking the girls hand.

Ariel blushed. “I—I’m Ariel.”

“Nice to meet you,” he said with a smile.

“I’m V,” V said, going and shaking their hands.

Jin and JiMin did the same.

“You can thank me for getting you to bring a friend,” JiMin said. “If I didn’t then J-Hope—”

Suga, the one closest to JiMin at the time, put his hand over JiMin’s mouth. “Just ignore him. He likes to ramble a lot.”

“Yeah, he rambles all the time. Usually none of it makes sense,” J-Hope said, thanking his hyung with his eyes.

“Alright,” Rap Monster said, trying to change the subject before the girls asked questions. “What do you want to do today?”

The girls shrugged, neither of them ever being very good about deciding what to do.

“What if we went shopping then grabbed a bite for lunch?” Jin asked with a hopeful smile on his face.

“Yeah! That sounds like fun!” V agreed.

The other boys nodded their heads and turned to look at the girls.

“That sound alright with you?” J-Hope asked Ariel.

The girl blushed and nodded. “That sounds alright.”

“Mmhm,” Tae Ri agreed.

“Alright then! Let’s go!” JiMin said with a cute expression.

 

They spent the first few hours of their day together, walking through the streets of Seoul, going window shopping. Their manager had given them money to spend on the girls, but neither of them wanted anything from the stores; all they wanted was attention from the boys.

J-Hope’s little ‘date’ didn’t work out the way he wanted it to though. Ariel was extremely nice to him, acting like she did with the rest, however, it was plainly obvious that Suga was the girls’ bias. Suga kept on throwing him apologetic glances whenever she would be talking just to Suga and no one else. The elder had to agree though, that Jeon Ariel was extremely attractive and extremely nice. Any boy would be interested in her, and he sensed that he was becoming interested in her himself. However, he stayed faithful to his dongseng and did his best to keep J-Hope and her talking as much as possible, although it didn’t last long.

Tae Ri was a flirt. That’s all there was to it. She could not stop flirting with the boys, especially with Rap Monster. He just made it so easy… The boy found himself blushing more than he had in the last year around this girl, and to be quite honest, it made him feel all bubbly on the inside. But she also flirted with Jin, V, JiMin, and J-Hope, who found it nice to have someone feel so relaxed around them. JungKook on the other hand, she fawned over him. She kept on calling him a ‘noona-killer’ and pinching his cheeks. He was so embarrassed, but the other guys loved to watch him constantly being picked on because of his age, so they didn’t bother with asking her to stop.

After lunch inside of a tteokbokki (spice rice cake) shop, they all walked back onto the streets stuffed.

“That was good…” JiMin said, rubbing his belly. “I haven’t had so much food in years.”

“I know…” Suga said, walking to the front of the group with JiMin and glancing at J-Hope as if telling him to go talk to Ariel who was tailing the back of the group.

J-Hope nodded to his hyung and slowed down a little, waiting for Ariel to catch up.

“You enjoy the food?” he asked her, noticing she was on her phone.

The girl looked up. “I did, very much. Thank you,” she said with a smile.

“Who are you texting?”

“My mother,” she said with a chuckle. “I forgot to tell her that I was going out today. She’s been calling me all morning, so I figured I should answer her.”

“You should have told us that earlier! We would have let you call her back.”

“I know, I just didn’t want to get in the way.”

“You wouldn’t have gotten in the way,” he said, a smile forming on his face, happy that the girl wasn’t trying to go talk to someone else instead this time.

She put her phone in her pocket and sighed. “You know something?”

“Hm?”

“I forgot about this today,” she laughed.

His jaw dropped. “You forgot about meeting us today? Is that why you were late?”

“Yah, we were only a few minutes late. Don’t you know that you never show up on time to a party?” she asked. “But yeah, I totally forgot about meeting you guys. I even forgot last night. I stayed up till three in the morning and then at 8, Tae Ri came tapping on my window to wake me up.”

J-Hope laughed. “I never would have thought that a fangirl would forget that she’d be meeting us in the morning. I guess it was a good thing that JiMin wanted a friend to come.”

“I’m not a fangirl,” she snapped.

The boy looked at her oddly. “You aren’t? You sure act like one.”

“Exactly. I’m not a fangirl, I just act like one.”

“So yesterday, when I called you, all those ‘minor heart attacks’ weren’t the heart attacks of a fangirl?” he smirked.

“No, they weren’t. They were the heart attacks of a fan. I am simply a fan who happens to find you all extremely attractive.”

“So you do find us extremely attractive?”

“Yes! Who wouldn’t?”

“Then you’re a fangirl.”

The girl scowled. “Don’t get me started…”

J-Hope laughed at the girls temper. “Alright, alright. Miss. I’m-Not-A-Fangirl.”

They walked together in silence for a couple of minutes, just enjoying each other’s presence, not even noticing that the others were a good two hundred yards in front of them.

“You know, your Korean pronunciation never ceases to amaze me…” J-Hope mumbled.

Ariel laughed. “That would be because I’m Korean.”

“No you’re not! You’re as white as white gets! You’re paler than Suga hyung!”

“Just because I’m Caucasian doesn’t mean I’m not Korean…”

The boy looked at her oddly. “You’ve lost me.”

“I was adopted from America when I was a baby. My biological parents were white. My adopted parents were Korean, it’s as simple as that. I don’t even know English,” she said.

“Oh… so you’re telling me that you cannot read that sign?” he asked, pointing over to a sign that read ‘Enjoy Coke-a-cola’.

“Wow, everyone in the entire world knows what that sign reads, Hoseok,” she teased.

He frowned. “It’s the only English sign in view right now…”

The girl chuckled.

“By the way, I like it when you call me Hoseok…” he mumbled.

“Alright then, Hoseok it is. Jung Hoseok…”

 

“They look to be getting along pretty well…” Suga said, whispering into Rap Monster’s ear.

“Yeah, they haven’t even noticed that we’re way ahead of them yet,” Rap Monster said, turning around and looking at the two that were laughing at one another.

Tae Ri turned and looked at what they were looking at, noticing that Ariel was walking with J-Hope and seeming to enjoy herself.

“You wouldn’t by chance be talking about my best friend, now would you?” she asked.

JiMin looked over his shoulder. “Woow, hyung seems to have gotten that date that he wanted,” he mumbled allowed.

“Wait, JiMin, this was planned?”

JiMin covered his mouth. “Oops…”

JungKook wacked the back of his head. “Pabo!”

Jin sighed. “Can you keep a secret?”

“Of course.”

“Well, Hoseok has been obsessed with her since the fansigning.”

Tae Ri gasped. “He has?!”

“Well, I wouldn’t call it obsessed,” Suga said. “He really likes her, that’s all.”

Tae Ri looked at Suga and then looked at J-Hope and how he was talking to her friend and making her laugh. She sighed. Ariel, I’m doing this for you… don’t get mad at me please…

“I can help with that…” she mumbled.

The guys looked at her. “How?”

“Easy, we just have to make Suga have a girlfriend…”


Hello again!!! ^.^ I have to say, I didn't not expect to take this turn already... it just happened. xD

I just got a job (Hallelujah!!!) teaching a string instrument summer camp which I'm really happy to have, but that means that I won't update as frequently... >.< I really enjoy writing this story, so I'm like constantly on my phone typing this. =P But, I'll try my hardest to still update; however, I'm not sure it will happen every day. *sigh*