Chapter 1

I'm not a fangirl, I just act like one.

(Ariel's POV)

"Aish, this boy is such a noona killer!" I squealed looking at JungKook's picture again.

"Omo, omo! Let me see!" my friend, Tae Ri yelled, ripping my phone out of my hand and looking at the picture. "God! Why does he have to be 3 years younger than me?! I feel like such a pedo noona!" she yelled.

I snickered. "He's only 7 months younger than me," I chuckled, prying the phone out of Tae Ri's hand and scrolling through more pictures.

"Shut up. You're too mature for him regardless. You act like a 30 year old."

I slapped my friend's leg. "Just because I don't have ageyo, doesn't mean I act like a 30 year old."

I looked at more pictures and checked their twitter again. “God, Tae Ri, what have you done to me?!”

The girl laughed and patted my shoulder. “If it wasn’t for me, you’d still be listening to all that classical stuff and living in a box that involves ballet and classical singing.”

“I was perfectly happy in that box. I don’t know what to do with myself anymore! I don’t even know myself anymore. I wasn’t interested in boys before you forced me to listen to them…”

“I did you a favor then. Think of it this way: you now know that you are a teenage girl who has hormonal needs.”

I frowned at her and she chuckled. "When's the fan meet?" she asked me.

"In about four hours," I groaned. "I want to go noowwwww."

I fell down on the bed and pulled the pillow over my face. "I'm so nervous... I've never gone to a fan meet before..." I uncovered my eye and looked at my friend, who was sitting at the edge of the bed, sifting through my phone yet again. "Come with me?" I asked, muffled through the pillow.

"Sorry, boo. We've been over this: I have work."

"Oh come on! This is BTS we're talking about! Work can wait. It will be there tomorrow, but BTS won't."

"Sorry, I don't have any more sick days and I can't afford to skip today," the girl told me.

I hit the back of her head. "If you didn't waste all of your sick days going to BAP concerts and fan signings then maybe we could have gone together," I frowned.

She laughed. "Hey, I couldn't miss up on those!"

"I bet they even know your name now," I said, chuckling.

“I hope they do. I’ve made some pretty memory impacting experiences in those things… I bet that Yong Guk knows me after last time…” she said with a grin.

"But seriously, I have no idea what to do for a fan signing..." I mumbled.

"Have you made your sticky notes yet?" she asked.

I nodded. "I've had them made for a month..." I said, thinking about how much I'll be shaking as I hand them my sticky notes.

The girl laughed. "You look like you just saw a ghost. What are you doing: imagining standing in front of them, handing them your question and your hand touching their hand?"

"You caught me," I said, giving her a sheepish grin.

"Don't worry, it will be easy. Just don't pass out," Tae Ri said thoughtfully. "Actually, do pass out. That way you can go sleep behind the table with them."

I hit her again.

"Ouch! Why are you so violent?!"

I ignored her question. "There will be no passing out from this girl."

Tae Ri checked the time and sighed. "I have to go to work... When you're done, you should come by the shop for some tea and tell me all about it."

I nodded and stood up with my friend, walking her out to the car.

"Don't go..." I mumbled, terrified of the fan signing.

"Sorry, Boo," she said again, kissing my cheek. "I can't always be there for you. My little Ariel has to grow up some time."

I pouted, showing her my best ageyo.

"Ariel, don't even try it. Remember, you don't have ageyo," she said, climbing in her car. "I'll see you later?"

I nodded. "See ya."

"Wipe that frown off your face. Put on some make up and wear your best clothes; make sure to look hot for the both of us," she winked, before closing the door and driving off.

I waved back at her, knowing that she wasn't looking, and sighed, walking back inside.

I walked over to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. My hip length brown hair was in a messy French-braid, my make-up was make-up from two days ago, and I was still in my work out clothes from this morning. I looked like a hot mess…

I glanced at the clock. It starts in 3 hours and 45 minutes... Time to start getting "dolled up".

 

After exactly three hours and thirty minutes, I had showered, blow-dried and straightened my hair, making sure that my purple highlights were very visible, put on my dark makeup to perfection, and after twenty minutes of going through my closet, trying to decide what to wear, I settled for my usual: a pair of shredded black skinny jeans, converse, and a deep purple tank top with a black lace trim. Yes, I'm considered punk or goth or whatever you call people that wear dark clothes. Get over it.

I sighed as I grabbed my phone, squeezing it into the back pocket of my jeans, and walked out the front door, sticking my head phones in my ear and jamming quietly to myself as I walked to the venue.

 

When I got there, I noticed that there were too many girls. Too many squeaky, screaming girls. Too much ageyo. Too much 'oppa I love you!'. Too much... well everything.

I sighed. This is the reason why I have never gone to a fan signing.

We waited outside, myself still tuning out everyone with my music, until the doors opened. It suddenly became surreal that I was actually there and my heart began to pound.

I'm going to meet Bangtan Boys... I'm actually going to meet them!

I took my headphones out and reluctantly began screaming with the other girls. What is wrong with me? Why am I screaming? I don't do this! I'm not a squeaky fan girl!

The boys came out on stage and I swore I was about to pass out.

Remember, Ariel, you are NOT a fangirl. Cool it...

Rap Monster began speaking, but it was so loud I couldn't hear anything.

J-Hope continued on with what he was saying and then Suga began to speak.

I began to hyperventilate. Oh my god it's Suga. I might just pass out right now. Oh my god he just said that he loves us. I swear I'll pass out. Oh my god he's smiling. Now I know I'm going to pass out...

I shook myself out of the trance. What am I doing? Why am I like this? God what have these stupid boys done to me???

I sighed and watched the boys sit down and everyone push themselves into a line, bubbling and squealing amongst themselves. I wish Tae Ri was here with me... I feel so lonely.

I put the headphones back in my ear, trying to ease my nerves a little.

I saw the scowls around me and their mouths move saying things like "Why is that girl even here when she obviously doesn't want to be?" and random crap like that.

Jerks, just because I don’t look like you do and I don’t act the same way you do doesn’t mean that I’m not allowed to be here…

The line slowly moved up and I kept on glancing at the boys getting closer and closer. I will have a heart attack and die right here...

I noticed J-Hope glancing around and his eyes found mine.

I felt myself blush and I looked back down. J-Hope and I just made eye-contact. No freaking way...

I gulped as I was one person away from meeting Jung Kook. He was smiling at the girl in front of me as she handed him her sticky note.

Crap... My sticky notes... Those are still at home on my bathroom counter.

I mentally face palmed myself. How could I be so forgetful on such an important day?

Just as I had the realization of my stupidity, the crowd behind me suddenly grew rowdy and pushy. I glanced at my wrist watch, noticing that there was only twenty minutes left of the signing. Before I knew it, I had been pushed down the line, completely missing Jong Kook, Suga, and Rap Monster.

I glared at the line in frustration. I really wanted to meet Suga…

Instead I was standing in front of J-Hope.

"H-hi," I stuttered.

He looked at me. "H-hello." he stuttered in English.

I smiled at him. "I know Korean," I told him.

He let out a sigh of relief. "I was freaking out for a second because my English is horrible," he said with a laugh. "Do you have a question?"

I blushed. "I left it at home," I said awkwardly. "And I don't remember what I wrote... I wrote it so long ago." I confessed.

He laughed and nodded. "That's fine," he said, before signing a picture of the boys. "What's your name?" he asked, looking up at me with his beautiful smile.

"A-ariel. Jeon Ariel..." I mumbled, a blush forming across my cheeks.

He gave me the picture. "Here you go, Jeon Ariel."

I smiled slightly at him and fumbled away, completely forgetting to go see JiMin, Jin, and V.

I walked away in a trance.
 


(J-Hope's POV)

"Woah, hyung, she was really beautiful..." I mumbled to Jin, who was sitting beside me.

"You say that all girls are beautiful, you big flirt," he said, not looking at me and taking a picture with the girl he was talking to.

"No, hyung, look," I said, grabbing Jin's chin when he was finished with the picture and forcing him to look at Ariel.

"She is pretty..." he mumbled. “Anyway, focus on the signing. We're almost done."

I sighed, reluctantly continuing the fan signing.
 


"Ah, that went well," Namjoon said, instantly taking off his sunglasses, as we climbed back in the van.

I sat down between Yoongi and JiMin and closed my eyes. Gosh, I was so tired... The image of that girl popped into my head again.

Ariel was her name? Something like that. I think it was Jeon Ariel... She was just so beautiful. She had the large green eyes, pale skin, freckles lightly sprinkled across her cheeks, and very long brown with purple highlights hair that framed her face perfectly. There was no way of describing just how beautiful she was...

"You're quiet," I heard Yoongi hyung mumble, poking my cheek.

I opened one eye and pushed his hand away from my face.

"Are you still thinking about that girl?" Jin asked, turning around and looking at me with that innocent face.

Why did you have to go and mention her, Jin?

"What girl?" Taehyung questioned.

"Oooh, does hyung like someone?" Jung Kook squealed.

"Shut up," I mumbled. "Yes, Jin, you're right."

"Who is she? Why didn't you ever tell us about her?" Jung Kook pouted.

"Because she's a fan. She was at the signing a minute ago. I don’t even know her…"

"A fan?" Namjoon asked.

"Yeah..." I mumbled, thinking about her blushing face again. "She was so beautiful..."

"You say that about every girl," they all said at the same time.

"But she was prettier than the rest..."

They all cooed at me.

"What did she look like?" Yoongi asked.

"She was white," I began.

"Wait! Was she the one with the really long, purple hair?!" Jung Kook yelled.

I nodded. "Yeah, that one."

"She was really pretty..." Jung Kook trailed. "I felt bad for her, she was pushed through the line and landed in front of you, Hoseok. She kept on looking at Suga hyung and blushing, but she never even got to talk to him..."

I felt my heart deflate.

"She was looking at me?" Suga asked.

Jung Kook nodded. "Yeah."

I sighed. Why do I have to keep on remembering this girl when it is obvious that I’m never going to see her again? And why does it hurt me so much that she was looking at Suga hyung instead of me?
 


(Ariel's POV)

"So how did it go?" Tae Ri asked, placing a bubble tea in front of me.

"I don't have money for this," I told her, motioning to the tea.

"It's on the house. So, how'd it go?" she repeated.

"I-It all happened so fast... I don't honestly know what happened. I-I only spoke with J-Hope..."

"What?! You had 7 exceedingly y males in front of you and you only spoke with one?!"

"I got pushed through the line and before I knew it, I was standing in front of J-Hope. And then I had forgotten my sticky-notes at home and then he tried to speak to me in English and then I had to tell him I spoke Korean, since everyone thinks I only speak English because I'm white. Then he signed a picture and gave it to me and I was too caught up in the moment to go say hi to Jimin, V, and Jin..."

Tae Ri face palmed herself. "Wow… that was the most pathetic excuse of a fan signing I think I have ever heard of… You are a fail at life, you know that?"

"Why?" I whined.

"Because, you were to infatuated with J-Hope to even look at the others. Not to mention that J-Hope isn't even your bias! If I wasn't able to talk to my bias I would have been like ', move out of the way!' before trampling them down."

"Tae Ri, you already have done that..."

"Shhh, don't remind me of such embarrassing times," she said, putting her finger up to my mouth. "So, did you even see Suga?"

I blushed. "He's so amazing... I was about to pass out when watching him speak at the beginning. I swear, I was about to just die right there."

The girl shook her head. "I can't believe that you didn't talk to him!" she said, slapping me on the head.

"Oww, that hurt..."

"It's payback for all the times you've hit me," she smirked. "You are such an idiot! I freaking crawled over girls to get an autograph from Yong Guk! Why didn't you go all crazy, rabid Ariel to get a picture with Suga?! You should have used your violence to your advantage! I'm so disappointed in you."

"Tae Ri!" an old man's voice barked. "Get back behind the counter and stop having social hour!"

Tae Ri rolled her eyes. "Bye, Boo. Duty calls."

I nodded and watched her stand up, walking back behind the counter.

I looked at the crème green tea in front of me and sighed, opening the straw and poking it through the lid. "I'm going to head out," I told Tae Ri.

The girl nodded. "See you later!"

I stood up and walked home, immediately beginning to surf the web when I entered the house.

What's this? "A.R.M.Y. Fan-letter contest? Winner gets to spend a day with BTS?"

I shrugged, couldn't hurt to try, right?


So, how was my first chapter??? Yay, nay??? I would really like to hear feedback from everyone. ^.^

Comment, suggest, subscribe!!! ^.^