Noodle House

New Guy

Jessica's POV:
 
Today's the day I spend time with Jonghyun. Not that I'm too excited for it, but I guess it's better than going to a boring hall. I will not let him boss me around and I will stand my ground this whole day no matter what. 

"What do you want to do?" Jonghyun asked me while we waited in front of the hotel for a cab.

"I will shop in any kind of store, I will eat whatever food I want. I could careless if you are with it or not. Your opinion does not matter to me at all," I proclaimed. It came off a bit more rudely than I intended. 

"Okay. I'm guessing you want to go to Union Square, huh?" he asked. 

It surprised me that he didn't even object to what I said. It's probably one of his immature games were he tries to act all nice and stuff to get me to do what he wants. I will stand my ground. 

The cab came within the next ten minutes. Thank god it did because I was freezing my bullocks off in the bitter cold.

For the next six hours, we roamed around everywhere. We walked so much that I swear that we circled around the whole entire city. Jonghyun on the other hand, was pretty polite the whole time. He didn't complain with the amount of time I put into certain stores. He waited for me and basically did everything with me. 

"So uh, you okay?" I asked. I think I prefer him insulting me more than the unbearable silence between us. 

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" He responded.

"I don't know. You are awfully quiet this whole day, it's actually making me extremely uncomfortable."

"I'm fine. I'm just hungry, let's get something to eat already."

"Sure, what's a good place to eat at?"

"I thought you would want to pick the restaurant," he stated. 

"I would if I knew this place. You're from here, you must know all the good places to eat."

"I guess Noodle House is a good one. They have ramen, and other soups and dishes. It's only a block from where we are."

"Sounds delicious, and it's close. It's a bit eerie where we're at right now," I said. The place we where at had rundown houses. There was a bunch of hobos and creepy people whom we're giving us dirty looks.

We walked, or I should probably say I walked fast to the cafe. Jonghyun trailed behind me all cooly and trying to keep his image as the "bad boy." He has way too much pride. We where at a ghetto place yet he was trying to be all macho. We arrived at the restaurant at about 6:30 and where seated almost immediately. The place was tiny, but there were a ton of people there. I wasn't use to eating at such a place. However, our waiter was kind and he asked for our meals politely. That was a rarity for me as every restaurant I eat in Beverly Hills had flirty waiters and envious waitresses.

"So..." I was trying to make up a conversation with him, but I didn't know what to say. "Did you eat here a lot when you lived here?"

"Basically, it was the only place where I could relax," he responded.

"Relax from what? It seems as if you don't stress about anything."

"Once in awhile problems come up," he answered.

"Like what?" He didn't answer me this time as he looked down at his hands. "Just tell me, I won't make fun of you." 

"Well..."

"Well what?"

"I got expelled from my last school I went to here for a dumb reason."

"Why?" I wanted to say that it didn't shock me that he was kicked out considering his foul attitude he has towards me.

"I was covering for a girl I knew. She brought weed and alcohol to school during a holiday and threw a party in the indoor pool. They questioned everyone they caught and demanded that one should confess or they would all be expelled." 

"What?! That's crazy! You shouldn't have covered for that freak," I said.

"I know, I wasn't even there for half the time. I arrived just seconds before the police came and busted everyone."

"Why would you even think of covering for her?"

"Umm... because she was my ex-girlfriend."

"Oh," I didn't even know what to say. I felt kinda sorry for him for the first time.

"It's alright. I don't even want to go back. She was cheating on me with another guy," he said while looking down at his fingers again. 

"I'm sorry about that. You must have liked her a lot, huh?"

"Thought I did, but you can't trust anyone these days anymore."

I didn't know what to say. I was thankful when our food finally came.