Get Off My Back

New Guy

Jonghyun's POV:

its been about two weeks or so since the San Francisco trip. The daily routine is back into play, meaning I go to school everyday. So far I've been doing pretty well in keeping my promise with my parents to stay focus and have been achieving pretty good grades. I still sit by myself in lunch since I have no interest in befriending any of these fakes. I get glares from Kris and his friends, apparently he tried to get back together with Jessica only to get rejected. He thinks I'm the reason to why she doesn't want to be with him. I just laugh at his face to show that I don't really care. 

"Sorry about Kris," Jessica apologized to me when I walked into first period. He tried once again to intimidate me this morning by saying he was superior, but I didn't budge.

"Nah I could care less about him," I said.

"You should, he basically has his whole clique against you."

"That doesn't scare me at all," I responded.

Jessica's POV:

This day has been going by way too slow. Lunch has just started, but all I want is to go home. Not to mention, I'm in a very cranky mood and just wish that everyone would leave me alone.

"Can you stop?" I tell Tiffany. Tiffany has been annoying me the whole day. She constantly bugs me to get back with Kris, but I refuse too.

"Why won't you tell me the real reason as to why you don't like Kris?"

"Because I don't! We're not good together, we have nothing in common. I don't like him and I DON'T WANT TO BE WITH HIM!" I yell. Everyone in the hall starts to stare at me and her.

"Is it because of that new kid? Ever since the San Francisco trip, you have been refusing to hang out with me, all your other friends, and Kris," she whispered.

"Just because I don't hang out with you guys for a weekend, doesn't mean I changed suddenly. And by the way that new kid's name is Jonghyun," I said and I start to walk away.

I enter the cafeteria, but I have no idea where to sit. It's gonna take a few days for me and Tiffany to talk again, but we always end up reconciling our friendship. I see Jonghyun at his usual spot all alone with trash still on the table. He's reading a notebook when I come up and approach him. 

"Hey, can I uh sit here today?" I ask him. 

He looks up and gives me a strange look, "Yeah, sure." He clears his notebooks for me.

"I got in a fight with my friends, it's a long story," I say when I sit down in front of him.

"Ohh cat fight, huh?" He raises his eyebrows and smirks. "I would love to see that."

"No just an argument," I giggle a bit. 

I can always count on Jonghyun whenever I need help even if he is a bit of a jerk sometimes. He doesn't complain nor does he asks too much questions, and I appreciate that a lot. 

"So what are you reading?" I ask.

"Studying notes for English."

"Don't you ever take a break from studying? I always see your eyes glued to a book."

"What do you want me to do then?" He asks me.

"I don't know. You don't even seem like you party either."

"I used to, but I'm not like that anymore," he claims.

"Once in awhile, it's good to go out. You know, to make new friends and stuff. Actually there's a party this weekend. You should totally go, I'll be there."

"Nah," he objects.

"Please! I want to see you hang loose for once. It won't be that bad, I promise. I'll even introduce you to a few people I know," I beg him.

He thinks for a second and says, "Fine, but if I don't like it, I'm leaving straight away."

"Yes! I guarantee that you'll have fun!"

For that whole week, I sit by Jonghyun. He's actually quite interesting and tells some pretty funny stories about what he did with his old friends. We get to know each other a little more and I guess we can now be called 'friends'. I kinda like having a friend that's a bit of an outcast in Sage Hills, it makes me feel a bit more like my real self.

 


Author's Note: This chapter is boring, but I promise that the upcoming ones will be great. What do you guys think of their relationship so far?