The Scavenger Hunt

New Guy

Jonghyun's POV: 

I woke up the next day confused about where I was. I forgot that I was on this stupid trip with a bunch of pricks and snobs. I got ready and went down to the lobby to meet with the class. Everyone was already here and they were obnoxiously loud. I spotted Jiyeon talking with her Barbie friends. I avoided her by hiding behind people. 

"What are you doing now?"
I looked behind me. It was Jessica. "Mind your own business."
"I was until you came and disrupted my conversation with my friends by walking in between us," she glared at me. "So rude." 
"Whatever," I said walking away.

"So last night I promised to you all that this school trip would be fun," our teacher said,"and I intend to keep my promise. We will be visiting the famous museum here. We will be going on a scavenger hunt. How exciting is that?!" 
 
Everyone began to complain.

"But that's not all," he continued.

"Please stop talking!" Someone yelled.

"Whichever team wins the challenge will have the opportunity to spend the rest of their weekend exploring San Francisco. So I recommend that you all try your best in hopes that you and your partner will win the game."

People began to speak once again. They're all asking for each other to be their partner. I don't even want one.

"However, you cannot pick the partner that you want," he added.

"WHY THE HECK NOT?" Everyone asked. 

"You will be partnered up with the same person you sit next to in class." 

Jessica's POV:

Kill me now. I cannot and will not spend the day with Jonghyun. Even if we do win this ridiculous hunt, I refuse to spend my weekend with that jerk. No, no way!! 

"Hurry up, gorilla," Jonghyun demanded.

The teacher refused to grant my request for another partner. Actually, he rejected both me and Jonghyun's request. 

"Shut up. I just want to get every item so I don't have to spend another second with this class. So you better pick your game up and help me win this," I stated.

"You're the one holding us back," he claimed.

Kill me.

A few hours later, we were down to our last item. We were ahead of all the other groups because they spent most of their time talking to one another. They actually like their partner, I despise mine. I admit that Jonghyun is pretty good at this game though. He knew where most of the items were located. It was not a surprise to me when he found the last object quickly. 

"Congratulations to Ms. Jessica Jung and Mr. Jonghyun Kim for winning the chance to roam around beautiful San Fran for the weekend," the teacher announced. 

I doubt this upcoming vacation with Jonghyun would be fun. I already know we're going to fight the whole time. Oh well, I'll just ditch him.

 

Author's Note: So I have no idea how to explain the reason as to why I took a year long hiatus. I honestly was just extremely busy with school work. Now that it is summer, I have more spare time to continue this story. Hopefully my grammar has improved (... I hope aha). Thanks for bearing with me and my unorganization. Talk to you all soon~