Down In Flames

Twin Souls

YOUR POV

"How could you do this?" Eli asked while punching me again. "I don't want to do this to you Skye..."

I choked back a sob and let the pain in my head take over.

(Red- Jiyong, Blue- Skye)

Skye. Skye what's happening?

My brother. He- He came back and now...

I trailed off as another blow hit me in the gut.

Skye. You have to fight back.

How? I'm tied up with duck tape around my neck.

"You said you'd rather die than be near me. I've come home to fulfill your wish, but I'll leave you for tonight. Don't expect to be so lucky the next time." Eli said as he untied my hands and ripped the duck tape off my mouth. My throat was too raw to speak let alone cry. I just layed there in excrutiating pain.

Skye?

Just don't. You see? You're not any help. If you were real you could have helped me, could have tried to save me.

I'm sorry. I really am. But I'm here aren't I? You could be all alone in this room with just your thoughts and numb body, but here I am.

I sobbed again and nodded.

I'm sorry, but I just need you to go right now. Come back tomorrow?

That was it. The first step. I reached out to him and let him know that I needed him around. I might regret it later, but I just felt this bond. Like there was no one else on earth that I needed to be able to talk to more than Jiyong.

I promise. I'll never leave you when you need me.

I smiled as the pounding faded and sleep took me. It was bodies way of coping with the pain I guess, but there would be no running from the pain tomorrow.

--- Morning ---

I awoke to pain once again taking over my body. I was sore everyone and my ribs were inflamed. I sat up and grimaced as pain shot everywhere. I stood and walked over to my dresser, grabbing the tylenol quick relief. I attempted at dressing myself and grudginly walked out into the kitchen to find some sort of breakfast.

I found a note on the fridge as I was about to open the door.

Dear Skye,

Eli and I went into the city for the day. I'll take you out another weekend, OK? We're just having a father son day. Megan went out, go figure. There's a smoothie in the fridge, strawberry banana, your favorite, bread and peanut butter on the counter, and mac and cheese above the sink. We won't be back til late so you have the house to yourself. You can take the car just don't do anything stupid.

Love ya hun.

Dad

I smiled and took the note off the fridge. I opened up the fridge and took out the smoothie.

I love my dad.

I sipped at the smoothie and walked back to my room. Throwing the note onto my dresser and carefully sat down on the bed.

Flashbacks of last night started to run through my head and then I flashbacks of the fire.

It was dark. 8 o'clock maybe. Thunder rolled and lightning made designs in the sky. It wasn't raining though. I was reading downstairs in my old playroom, as 13 year olds do. I head heavy foorsteps coming down the steps.There was a slight shuffle in the step as if they could never lift their foot all the way up, Eli. I ran to my play house and slipped inside trying not to breathe to heavy.

I heard my door creek open wider and foot steps.

"Blue Skye don't hide. The sun wants to shine. Blue Skye come out and play. It's time for the storm to go away." Eli said. It was a poem he had written for me when I was much younger, when he still loved me. He always said it when there was a storm.

His footsteps came closer and the sheet door pulled back.

"There's the Skye. Why are you hiding away?" He asked with a sweet smile before turning evil and gripping tight onto my wrist and pulling me out. He was 16 then, much stronger than I.

"Please don't Eli." I panicked and didn't know what to do. He laughed.

"I justed wanted to play. This time we're going to play a different game. It's called 'husband and wife'." he said as he tried to unbotton my pants. I screached and kicked.

Everything blacks out and the next thing I know I'm out the front door into the threatening storm. My mother's voice calling for me. I sprinted. Further and further to the back of our land. The barn. The barn is safe.

It was May and we hadn't seen a drop of rain since last year. The dry grass crunched betneath my bare feet. lightening lit my path, and thunder became the music I was running to.

I scrambled into the barn and sat down on my fathers chair where he carved beautiful wood figurines. I cried and thunder filled the quiet are.

"SKYE!" I heard her voice call out.

Lightning struck and the smell of fire followed soon after. Soon enough flames filled the barn.

----

I fell to the ground and despite the pain in my body I layed down and screamed. Really screamed. Loud and heart breaking. I cried and tighten my first hoping that it would somehow stop everything. I fell silent as my body convulsed in sobs.

Just let go Skye. Let go of life. End it.

I understood then why people commit suicide. Life's hard and for some people they don't see it getting any better. I thought my life would get better after everything. But the once light tunnel is feeling with black water. Black water that holds the demons I tried to push away.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey everybody! So I know this chapter is kind of- actually really- depressing, but it couldn't avoided. Also sorry for not updating for a month. I know some of you really wanted an update, and to know why the fire started, so I did both. Hope you like this chapter despite the depressive writing.

Thanks for reading! Love ya!