Breaking Point

Twin Souls

YOUR POV

It's been three months since the fight with Jiyong. Three months of peace and quiet. Everything seemed to fall back to normal. November decided to ignore that it ever happened, and I tried to do the same. Although I can't get rid of the fear everytime I get a slight headache.

It was Friday, April 19, right after school, I was outside doing my chores when I heard the car pull up. I turned and saw a black SUV.

Who the hell?

I set down the brush I was using to brush Twilight and scuried out to the driveway. The door opened just as I got into seeing distance. A boy with tanned hair loosely hanging into his face stepped out of the passenger door. He turned towards me and smiled. I stopped and turned back to the stable, running. Tears formed as I sprinted faster than I remember I could.

"SKYE! Come back! Is this how you greet me?" He called. I didn't stop for him. Not now and not then.

"Skye? Where are you going?" I heard my dad's voice call. "Why are you running? You haven't seen your brother in years." He yelled as I was getting furthur away. I kept running, not really knowing where to. My feet carried me and never gave way until I felt I pull on my arm. I was stopped in my tracks and gerked backwards. Fingers bruising me. I knew that pain all too well. I turned to face my brother Elijah, or Eli for short. He smiled that devilish smile at me and gripped tighter onto my arm. I did not say how much it hurt, I didn't say anything.

"Thought you could get rid of me forever you little ." He said quietly. He then let go and turned around.

"Coming little sister? Dad's been awaiting my arrival. We musn't keep him." He said as if he were the perfect child.

"I'd rather die then go with you." I spat.

"That can be arranged. It'd do us all a favor. Murderer." He said. Tears stung at my eyes but I pushed them down. I pushed passed Eli and sprinted back up to dad. Dad. He was safe. As long as dad was around Eli couldn't harm me.

I ran straight up to dad and hugged him, refusing to let go.

"Why'd you run away sweetie?" He asked. I shrugged.

Eli finally walked up the front steps and hugged dad. With me squished in between.

"Finally the family is back together." Dad said.

"I've missed you father. All those years at boot camp made me forget how much I loved Tennessee." Eli said.

So the back story on my brother Eli. He was like any other older brother. Annoying and always picking on Megan and I. I loved him though, sincerely I did. We would play games together and have fun, but somewhere in time I lost him. He started to hate me. At first it was just verbal abuse. Harsher words than he had ever said to me. Eventually verbal turned into physical abuse. When he was stuck watching me he'd hit me whenever he felt like it, and Megan, she just watched never really saying a word. But sometimes, she would join in on the verbal abuse. Telling me I deserved it. That I was a horrible child.  I believed them. Sometimes even now I believe them.

After the fire, Eli blamed me for mom's death. He called me a murderer over and over again. That's when Megan decided it wasn't right to do treat me so, but it was too late. The damage was done. Shortly after the fire Eli was sent to boot camp for acting out in school. That's where he's been for four years, and now he's back, and everything from my past is flooding back and I don't know what to do. I just know he hasn't changed, he's just gotten stronger.

Dad led the way inside and let Eli get his stuff resettled into his room. I on the other hand made the quickest route to my bedroom and called November.

(A/N: Orange= November and Blue= Skye)

"Hey Skye. 'Sup"

"November we have an issue. My brother is back."

"Skye... you can't be serious. Has it been four years?"

"It has. I'd completely forgotten. November I'm so scared. He's been hear twenty minutes and I have a bruise."

"Fight back Skye. He wpn't stop until you fight back".

I spawled on to my bed and sighed into the phone.

"How? How do you fight against someone that went to boot camp for four years?"

November fell silent then. Tears started to sting my eyes. My heart was pounding and I cou;dn't breathe. slipping. I knew I was. I knew very well what was happening. They're called anzierty attacks. Probably the most horrible thing that I've ever felt.

"November." I gasped. Air escaping my lungs and not coming back in.

"Skye what's wrong?" I choked on another sob and breathing stopped completely. The only sound I could make was weird gasping sounds. My heart was pounding tears continued to stream down my face. I was silently screaming.

"Skye answer me!"

------End phone conversation------

I fell to the ground and curled into the fetal position leaving my phone on the bed. I lay there silently crying for what seemed like hours until I heard my door burst open. I flung up and into my nightstand ready to sheild myself, but I looked up to find November.

"Skye what's wrong?" She asked, kneeling down in front of me. I gasped in air and brought her into a tight hug.

I had never told her about the anxiety, or the fear of depression. She didn't need to be drug into this, but now there was no way around it and I needed someone, but I still couldn't talk. So I just held onto her unto her until it subsided.

"Better?" She asked. I nodded my head.

"November," I said with a hoarse voice. "There's something I've been hiding from you."

She looked at me questioningly, not a drop of hatred in her eyes.

"That was an anxiety attack. They've been happening for a while, mostly at night." I said.

"Anxiety? Have you ever gone to a doctor to get it checked out?" She asked while trying to push my wet hair out of my face.

"No. Then everyone would know..."

"Skye. If these attacks are this bad, I think you need some help. I'll go with you even."

"My dad has to come with to sign stuff or they won't let me in. Skye I won't be able to hide it."

"Then tell him it's for something else. Like the nightmares of the fire. He has to know about those. You scream in terror."

I fell silent knowing it could work, but not wanting to go.

"Please Skye. I don't like seeing you hurting." She said with tears threatening to fall out of her eyes. I gave in.

"Fine. I'll go." I said and just after that my door- that november so kindly shut- opened again to reveal Eli.

"Hi there November! Care to join us for dinner? I was just coming in to tell Skye it was ready." He said with that fake innocent smile. November bore holes into him. She said nothing to him. Just stood up and helped me stand. We pushed past him together and went out to the dining room. Waffles for dinner, just like dad.

We sat down. I was next to dad with November also by my side. Megan, thankfully, was sitting between November and Eli.

"Let's say grace. Skye? I do believe it's your turn to give it go." He smiled at me. I nodded and bowed my head.

"Dear Heavenly Father, I thank you for this blessing of food to keep our bodies strong and the time to be with friends and family. Thank you for giving me a wonderful earthly father to lead me and wonderful friends to keep me happy. Bless this food and this home. Amen." There was an echo of amen's and then people began to eat.

I was still in the early stages of being allowed to say grace, so it wasn't too good yet. My father was the best at it though.

"How was school today girls?" My dad asked November and I.

"Wonderful. Passed my Pre-Calc test today." I said.

"Don't rub it in. You're a mathmetician." November snarled. She was only angry because she had gotten a B-. Which was amazing, but she never liked math, so she was always bitter about it.

We finished up dinner as painlessly as possible. November and I refusing to speak to Eli and Megan only speaking a couple of times during dinner.

It was Megan's day to do the dishes, so I went back to room and November went home. She was leaving for a college visit early in the morning and needed her sleep. Unfortunately she'd be gone all weekend, thus I was alone.

Once in my room I slipped my laptop out of his case and fired it up. I ended blasting kpop all night until I decided it was time for bed.

I woke up to an odd pain in my shoulders. I tried to look around the dark room, but discovered my arms had been tied behind my back and ducktape across my mouth. I tried to speak, but it just came out as muffled attempts.

"Don't even try. You're not getting away."

JIYONG'S POV

I sat alone in the studio trying to make my new CD. Nothing was coming to me though.

Maybe if I went and talked to Skye this writers block would end... NO! I can't. She doesn't want me there.

I slumped in my chair. The one person that I needed now doesn't even like me. I sighed and looked at the blank peice of paper in front of me. Still nothing.

I was still slumped in my chair when it felt like I was hit in the ribs by a cannon. I slumped and yelped in pain. There was another blow to that same spot and I almost puked.

What is going on here?

I lay there clutching at my ribs and waiting for the pain again. This time it was arm. Stinging pain as if I'd been punched. Then I heard it. That unmistakable voice calling out to me.

Jiyong please.

She wanted me to go to her. Was she in trouble? I didn't care at this point I just threw myself into the world of Skye.

YOUR POV

"If you hadn't killed mom everything would be fine! I wouldn't have to be hitting you right now. Remember this is all your fault." He whispered and punched my arm again, the same spot. I whimpered in pain, which he seemed to enjoy. Tears hadn't stopped falling since I woke up.

"I used to love you like a sister, but then you..." He cut out as my head started to pound. Jiyong. I knew it was. I had called out to him when I was desperate for a savior. He had been the first name that I wanted to scream, and now he's here.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'll leave it there for now. I'm remembering why I loved this fic so much, and as you can see, I have me motivation to write. So once again thanks for staying with me guys. You're the best. Love ya.

tumblr_ljuijvgxrf1qbaq23o1_500.gif