Better...

Twin Souls

Your POV

I out again apparently because the next thing I knew I was deep in darkness.

----

"Skye?" I heard a calm voice ask. November? No. It wasn't her. I tried to see through the dark, but there was nothing. This wasn't a male voice though, so it can't be him...

"Skye where are you?" That voice again. Who was it. It was so familiar.

"I'm right here." I called into the void of darkness. Nothing. It fell quiet again. Black and empty. Then light flashed and flames lit the darkness. I was watching the barn burn.

"MOM!" I cried out.

"SKYE WHERE ARE YOU?" My mom came running down the hill and barreled into the flames.

"MOM NO!" I screamed. I watched and waited as if I didn't know what would happen. I saw my young self thrown out of a window, my body slamming to the ground as I coughed. The girl stood up and called out.

"Mommy! You have to come with me!" She cried. There was no answer. The roof of the barn collapsed and the woman inside, my mother, would never find her way back out.

"MOOOM!" I screamed. My father came with his horse down the hill. He jumped off and ran towards my small self.

"Skye! Skye where's mommy?" He asked. I remember my father crying. I watched as the small child soundlessly pointed at the barn, sobbing.

"NO! NOOOOOOOO!" My father shouted.

----

"MOM!" I woke up screaming, sweat dripping, tears rolling down my face. "mOm." I choked. I felt a hand on my shoulder and then a warm embrace.

"Shh. Skye it's ok."

"Daddy she's gone. It's all my fault. I shouldn't have run out. I'm sorry..." I sobbed into his shoulder.

"No no. Sweety it wasn't your fault." He soothed and rubbed my back.

"I'm so sorry..."

"I know sweety. I know."

About an hour later, after me and my father talked, he left me to go to the store and get food, promising BLTs for dinner.

I sat not knowing what to do. There would be school tomorrow. I had homework and now motivation to do it. That's what happens when you're a senior in high school I guess. I could always do it in the morning before class.

I was daydreaming when I heard a knock on my door. Loud but tentative, November.

"Yea." I called. She stepped in.

"Good you're awake." She said and sat down next to me. "How are you feeling?"

"The best I've felt since Friday." I said and wishing with all my heart I could go back to then, back when whatever was happening wasn't even a thought in my mind.

"Well there's a step." She smiled slightly. "How's your head?" She said slowly.

"Fine actually. My body aches though."

"Well our guess is you fell off your horse and rolled down the hill. So it's normal for you to feel prety ty." She said.

"Really?" I asked. She nodded.

"What exactly happened out there?" November asked me.

"I don't know. I was riding and then my head started pounding. Everything black and the next thing I know I smelt grass and opened my eyes to see the barn."

"Do you think it was him...?" She asked.

"I really don't know." I said wishing I could say something than that, but I really was clueless.

"I understand. You're just as, if not more, confused than I am. We'll figure it all out thouhg." She said with confidence, but I know she couldn't believe herself.

Given time November left too, after dinner of course, and I was left alone again. I sighed and looked at the time.

6:45 pm

To do my homework or to not do my homework?

I pulled out my APUSH (AP US HIstory) book and skimmed through.

Boring.

I got out of bed and some music, but it just didn't sound right.

Butterfly...

I went to my laptop and searched for 'Butterfly' by GD. I clicked on it and listened intently to the beautiful melody.

EVERYTIME I COME CLOSE TO YOU (EVERYTIME I’M KISSING YOU)
FEEL LIKE I’M GONNA DREAM EVERYTIME (I GET BUTTERFLY)

I sang as if my dad wasn't home. As if nothing mattered but that song and I felt so much better.

It was undetectible at first, but it grew and grew until I couldn't take it. My head started to pound along with the guitar adding a bass to the song that was never originally there.

"What do you want from me?" I whispered.

(A/N: starting now I'm going color code the thinking: GD- Red and Skye- Blue)

I don't want anything from you. I'm here- I don't even know why I'm here to be honest.

Then go away. You're scaring me.

I know I am, but listen Skye. I can't stay away from you. Even if I wanted to... The you in my dreams won't let me stay away. If I'm gone for too long she invades my dreams and tells me that you need me, that I need to find you. You're one persistant little girl.

First of all, I am NOT a little girl. Old man. Second why now? Why hadn't you been here before? What's so special about now? And why me? Why can't you tell me anything?

Old?! Fine ok. I'm old. So many questions... I don't know either Skye ok? I'm just as confused as you are. Why am I the only one that can do this mind thing? Why are we destined to be together? And what the hell is a twin soul? We're both stuck ok?

I sighed exasperated.

Please don't be upset...

I'm just tired. It's been a long day. Speaking of... This morning were you, were you doing the thing? Whatever this is?

I was going to ask you the same. What happened? I heard you crying and I felt intense pain.

You weren't doing anything?

No.

I out because of my head and fell of my horse. The crying would be fro- nothing.

You can't hide secrets from me you know that right?

I sighed again and sat down in my been bag chair. I ran my fingers through my hair.

Ugh. I desperately need to shower.

Thanks for the update.

Wait you can here all my thoughts? Even the one's not meant for you?

Duh. Our brains are linked. Which is why I know your mom died saving you. The barn burning. I know everything Skye. Even your brother.

No! Go. Get out. Just go. I don't want to talk to you anymore.

Ok. I understand why you're upset. I'll leave and let you process things. But I'll be back. I'm sorry.

Please don't come back.

You know I can't do that.

Try.

I love you Skye.

And with that the pounding stopped and I became tired, too tired. I slumped in my chair and got up to take a shower.

How dare he invade my mind like this yet have some kind of mind block. That was personal. Things that no one is supposed to do. If he knew he shouldn't so casually throw out the most painful things of my past. How can he waltz into my mind and just UGH!

I finished my shower and stepped out. I looked and the mirror and realized the first of many changes yet to come.

My eyes, once a light green, have darkened. A brown ring surrounding my eyes. The color of chocolate, like his eyes. His beautiful dark orbs. I blinked and stepped closer. The ring vanished and I looked normal again.

This can't be right.

----

*hesitant* Hi... *hangs head low* I'm sorry... *looks up slightly* I'm a bad autnor-nim. Please don't hate me. I'm going to try and update more, at least this story because it's my favorite one. (and my friend missed this story so I'm trying.) I'm really sorry guys! But I love you all for staying with me <3

Question: Did the color coding make it easier? If you guys have questions about what's going on please ask me.